Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Which musical instrument do you play and if none which one would you like to play?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Which musical instrument do you play and if none which one would you like to play?
Guitar(Acoustic,electric,bass)
Piano
Drums
Banjo
Violin
Ukulele
Bass
Double Bass
Any woodwind instrument
Any brass instrument
Other percussion instruments
Other(please name)
View Results (105 votes)

Brethil
Half-elven

Aug 23 2013, 2:47pm

Post #26 of 45 (355 views)
Shortcut
Hmmm... I think it takes something else too! [In reply to] Can't Post

Some sort of understanding of 'notes'... Laugh

Above it says you have been playing acoustic guitar - do you play other instruments too Morok?

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Aug 24 2013, 12:28am

Post #27 of 45 (319 views)
Shortcut
Violin and piano. And nice to see you around these parts! And glad you're [In reply to] Can't Post

learning an instrument!

I'm a violin teacher, so I'm always in favor of people learning instruments (especially ones with strings!).

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Aug 24 2013, 12:30am

Post #28 of 45 (326 views)
Shortcut
My dad was a theory major. [In reply to] Can't Post

I did not inherit that!CrazyBlush

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Aug 24 2013, 12:35am

Post #29 of 45 (335 views)
Shortcut
My grandmother played trombone (and piano) [In reply to] Can't Post

She was a terrific pianist when she was younger, and only played trombone in a small band for a few years in the 1920's. But when I was a young whippersnapper and didn't believe she could possibly have played a trombone, she dug it out from a back room and proceeded to show me (40 years later!). I'm sure if she could, you can!Cool

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Aug 24 2013, 2:21am

Post #30 of 45 (342 views)
Shortcut
Here's my guitar family: [In reply to] Can't Post

photo Actually only the three on the right are guitars. The biggest one is the one that got me through my teen years. The second from the left is my old ukulele, and the one on the left is a toy that's not really playable. I have a similar fiddle family. And a harp family. I'm an instrument hoarder.

(This post was edited by Aunt Dora Baggins on Aug 24 2013, 2:22am)

demnation
Rohan

Aug 24 2013, 4:56am

Post #31 of 45 (327 views)
Shortcut
Trumpet and Guitar [In reply to] Can't Post

Both very, very badly.

Ethel Duath
Half-elven

Aug 24 2013, 5:55pm

Post #32 of 45 (357 views)
Shortcut
Yay! Four violins! Vivaldi, anyone? :D // [In reply to] Can't Post

Morok Cloudkeeper
Rohan

Aug 24 2013, 9:50pm

Post #33 of 45 (311 views)
Shortcut
What are those two instruments below? [In reply to] Can't Post

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Aug 24 2013, 9:56pm

Post #34 of 45 (294 views)
Shortcut
Those are the tin-can banjo and the strumstick. [In reply to] Can't Post

I posted videos of myself playing them elsewhere in this thread.

Annael
Immortal

Aug 25 2013, 1:40am

Post #35 of 45 (317 views)
Shortcut
the one in my throat [In reply to] Can't Post

years of vocal training & choir.

I also, as a friend would say, paw at the piano occasionally.

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 25 2013, 3:27am

Post #36 of 45 (294 views)
Shortcut
I used to play trombone [In reply to] Can't Post

back in the olden days (1964-70).

But I can't anymore.

I always thought it would be fun to play melodeon or concertina or perhaps the hurdy gurdy.

cats16
Half-elven

Aug 25 2013, 5:54pm

Post #37 of 45 (302 views)
Shortcut
I used to play the trombone. [In reply to] Can't Post

But given the time and choice, I'd love to learn the violin. (Wouldn't mind the cello, either.)

Maciliel
Valinor

Aug 27 2013, 11:58pm

Post #38 of 45 (272 views)
Shortcut
my instrument is my voice [In reply to] Can't Post

i sing. love to sing. have taken voice lessons with a +great+ teacher -- an opera singer who did his undergrad and masters at julliard. being a good singer doesn't make you a great teacher, but he's blessed with both skills. he has +really+ helped me, and taught me a lot about proper technique. having proper technique will carry you +far+ to sounding as good as you can.

cheers : )

Alassëa Eruvande
Valinor

Aug 28 2013, 2:20pm

Post #39 of 45 (286 views)
Shortcut
I played the flute in Jr. High and High School, seven years. [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish I could play the piano or violin, or cello.

Patty
Immortal

Aug 29 2013, 6:19am

Post #40 of 45 (277 views)
Shortcut
I play the piano... [In reply to] Can't Post

But oh, so badly.Frown

Salmacis81
Tol Eressea

Sep 4 2013, 2:24am

Post #41 of 45 (237 views)
Shortcut
I can play... [In reply to] Can't Post

guitar, bass, mandolin, lap-steel, and banjo competently. I can also play some ocarina, and a tiny bit of keyboards (badly). I am by far most competent on guitar, of which I own quite a few (two 6-string acoustics, three 6-string electrics, one nylon-string classical, one 12-string acoustic, one 12-string electric, one electric sitar, and one 7-string electric - and an electric lap-steel, but I wouldn't count that as a normal guitar due to the drastic differences in techniques needed to play).

Anyway, great topic!!!

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Sep 7 2013, 4:44am

Post #42 of 45 (229 views)
Shortcut
Piano and guitar, but not that well, and [In reply to] Can't Post

dulcimer, mandolin and accordion quite a bit less well. I think I can play only one song on each of those three. On piano and guitar, I'm competent enough for most of my own purposes (I teach elementary general music and accompany cantors at church).

Patty
Immortal

Sep 7 2013, 10:43am

Post #43 of 45 (243 views)
Shortcut
You paw at the piano? [In reply to] Can't Post

Excellent! I think that best describes me too.

Cirashala
Valinor

Sep 8 2013, 1:07am

Post #44 of 45 (208 views)
Shortcut
violin/fiddle [In reply to] Can't Post

have played for 17years Cool

I was third chair first violin by the time I was a senior in high school, and varsity lettered in orchestra Smile Also went to WA state competition as part of a large ensemble. Got our butts handed to us because we were up against Western WA rich kids, but had a good time Smile

a bit rusty, as it has been 8 years since I actively played, but I have been picking it up again.

We combined with band to play Hoedown, and it was by far the most difficult and most phenomenal sounding song we ever did! I miss it....

Got a Celtic Woman music book to practice Coast of Galicia- also hard, but I will keep pounding at it!

Bellawen Bolger of Bree
The Shire

Sep 11 2013, 1:47am

Post #45 of 45 (245 views)
Shortcut
I own a violin [In reply to] Can't Post

but I haven't gotten as far as learning to play it, yet! I also own a dulcimer and a guitar and a lap harp and a tin whistle and a piano and several flute-like instruments from around the world. What can I play? Flute. That's all! I took one semester of piano, and really hope to learn to play my violin and piano and guitar someday.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.