Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
This hill reminded us of Hobbiton.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Aug 20 2013, 2:49pm

Post #1 of 5 (134 views)
Shortcut
This hill reminded us of Hobbiton. Can't Post

My daughter and I were out walking by a lake near her apartment when we noticed this hill.

photo

It reminded us of Tolkien's drawing of Hobbiton:

link

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

silneldor
Half-elven

Aug 21 2013, 2:03am

Post #2 of 5 (48 views)
Shortcut
That is strikingly so! [In reply to] Can't Post

How cool is thatSmile.

And i just picked up a couple of, this era of books at a used bookstore for a dollar apiece. This actually is the one i originally found, finding the lotr's.

That picture gives me a great feeling actually. Thanks for zooming it in.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
J.R.R. Tolkien

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 21 2013, 2:04am

Post #3 of 5 (55 views)
Shortcut
It needs something... [In reply to] Can't Post

I know! It needs to have one of those lovely full trees transplanted to its top! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Aunt Dora Baggins
Half-elven

Aug 21 2013, 3:05am

Post #4 of 5 (57 views)
Shortcut
Here's my attempt: [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm not very good with Paint Shop Pro, but I gave it a try:

link

"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Aug 21 2013, 10:15am

Post #5 of 5 (75 views)
Shortcut
The trees are moving! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's good enough for the distance shot, Aunt Dora! Smile

Oh my - we could then add a door and windows around the sides, and a road coming down towards us, and the road in front could become The Water...the imagination runs wild! Laugh

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.