Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Fan Art:
Celebrating the birthday of the Master, JRRT, 3 January

YB

Jan 3 2008, 3:02am

Post #1 of 2 (533 views)
Shortcut
Celebrating the birthday of the Master, JRRT, 3 January Can't Post

Hi everyone, I am new to TheOneRing.net, in fact new to everything about this form of discussion/forum, so please excuse me if I do not follow the correct protocols. However, I would like to announce that in homage to Tolkien and Jackson, I have created a website to post a fan-fiction story, The Ring of Light (TROL), at: www.theringoflight.com. Unfortunately because of the way TROL is written it cannot be accommodated as an upload directly on this site. Anyway, if any of you would like to visit the site, it is working right now with a section 'About TROL', and the first chapter will be posted on the dawn of 3rd (Oxford time). I would love to receive any feedback on what you think of the site and tale. Many thanks - and again apologies if I have not followed what are the accepted way to do things.

Altaira
Superuser

Jan 3 2008, 4:46am

Post #2 of 2 (453 views)
Shortcut
Welcome, YB! [In reply to] Can't Post

No problems with linking to the site where your fanfic is located (as long as you're not selling it).

According to the Terms of Service on our Welcome board:

4. No image banners or advertisements other sites and/or discussion boards are allowed. The companies and websites that advertise on TORn have paid for that privilege. If you wish to advertise a site or company, please feel free to contact corvar@theonering.net. Links or banners intended to sell products, promote charities or other causes are also not allowed. Exceptions include text links to your personal home page or website in your profile and/or footer.

(Emphasis mine).

So from now on, you're welcome to put a simple text link to the site in your footer.

Check out the other threads on the Welcome board for more insights to the site. Otherwise, good luck with it and do jump in and join the fun here. Smile

Koru: Maori symbol representing a fern frond as it opens. The koru reaches towards the light, striving for perfection, encouraging new, positive beginnings.

"Life can't be all work and no TORn" -- jflower

"I take a moment to fervently hope that the camaradarie and just plain old fun I found at TORn will never end" -- LOTR_nutcase

TORn Calendar

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.