Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Where does Azog and Bolg get their army from? (for Bo5a)

boldog
Rohan

Aug 17 2013, 9:44pm

Views: 829
Shortcut
Where does Azog and Bolg get their army from? (for Bo5a) Can't Post

okay, I have been thinking of this for a while and have a lot to talk about it.
Based on what we know from various sources, these are some things that will happen in the next movie that contribute to my question.
1. Azog will persue the dwarves as far as the woodland realm (himself being there, from trailer), and even into laketown (Fimbul, from recent empire magazine)
2. Bolg will join up with Azog at some point (empire magazine)
3. Bolg works in Dol guldur (weather this has been changed or not, I cant say)
4. The white council assult may likely happen in the next film.

so with these in mind comes my discussion.
To begin with, if Bolg joins Azogs persuit, and accompanies him to woodland realm, what happens next. We know Azog wont die, and very unlikely Bolg will die in the next film. So if they are all the way in the east, where and how are they going to get an army in such a short span of time?!
the most likely canditates for an army are from either Gundabad (their actual race) Goblin town?, Moria, or Dol guldur.
But this leaves a very big hole in the plot. For starters, Dol guldur is a secret abandoned fortress, and from what we have seen I find it very unlikely that there will be a huge orc army lurking within it. So much for the Necromancer being a secret with an army of orcs in his domain! Now with, Moria, Gundabad, and goblin town, they are very far to the west, from where they have ended up in woodland realm. So how, in a very short amount of time, from the barrel escape, to the battle itself (which I think is only a few weeks) are the two going to retrieve an army from these nations. They will have to trek all the way back, which will take time, and then back to erebor, with a full army, which will be even slower. Plus the white council assult on Dol guldur, means that it is cleansed, and there would pretty much be no more evil there. Perhaps, when Bolg joins Azog in the next film, he already has an army with him, sent by the necromancer.

Either way all these theories are hurting my brain, and just lead to more questions that are too much to write in one thread. What do you all think of this? I find it to be quite controvertial, as it is a major arc of the story itself.

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

Subject User Time
Where does Azog and Bolg get their army from? (for Bo5a) boldog Send a private message to boldog Aug 17 2013, 9:44pm
    Two suggestions for you arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Aug 17 2013, 10:00pm
        Mount Gundabad Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Aug 19 2013, 8:36am
            Thanks! arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Aug 19 2013, 1:40pm
                Lookinhg at this map Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Aug 19 2013, 3:07pm
                    Scale? Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Aug 19 2013, 3:39pm
                Gundabad to Erebor Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Aug 19 2013, 3:08pm
            What is interesting about Mt. Gundabad is that it is basically the original Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Aug 19 2013, 3:33pm
    goblins Cirashala Send a private message to Cirashala Aug 17 2013, 10:11pm
        Battle Azanulbizar Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Aug 18 2013, 3:38am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.