Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Collecting The Precious - My Middle-earth Collection

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 15 2013, 5:07pm

Post #1 of 7 (152 views)
Shortcut
Collecting The Precious - My Middle-earth Collection Can't Post

As many of you may know when we did our magazine for The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey we took submissions from collectors around the world. A few of these ended up appearing in the magazine allowing people all over the world to see some of what youíve taken time show off your love for Middle-earth. Recently, I was able to finally able to set up my collection and be able to really appreciate many of the pieces Iíve managed to add. Thankfully the room my stuff in now is large enough to show off everything Iíve got with room to spare for new items from The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Even if Iím still getting items out of storage to show off. This collection through ups and downs (selling items) started back in 2003 and continues on for a while. Itís my way of allowing people see what Middle-earth means to me and explain why theyíre missing out on such a great universe. I hope you enjoy taking a peek into my collection and what it looks like after its been reviewed.

Full gallery and article can be found here: Collecting The Precious - My Middle-earth collection

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 15 2013, 5:23pm

Post #2 of 7 (82 views)
Shortcut
What a collection. Fabulous. I love it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

If that was my collection, I'd never feel like I would need to leave that room. I was hoping a thread would be made on it, after reading it on the hompage. If you don't mind me asking, what is your most prized collectible? And alternatively, what collectible would you most like to own? Perhaps the life sized statue of Gandalf?

Laugh

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 15 2013, 5:36pm

Post #3 of 7 (77 views)
Shortcut

Its pretty enjoyable to just stand there and look at everything. I won't lie at all about that. lol I went ahead and created the thread since it didn't do it automatically. I just want to share what I've built with you all. Its part of the fun for me. I don't mind at all. I would say probably my custom Red Book of the Westmarch. Its amazing on the inside of the book and written up in the handwritings that we saw of Bilbo, Frodo, and Sam. It wasn't a cheap item to get made but it was worth every penny. One item I had that is still special to me is the original Balrog statue from the Sideshow/Weta statue line. I loved that piece. I would say I'd like to get the Original Balrog statue again someday. I miss not owning it a lot and so it would be nice to own it again. That life-sized Gandalf is pretty sweet! If I had the room and money for it I'd get it.

I'll link some picturs to my Red Book here in just a few. Cool

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 15 2013, 6:16pm

Post #4 of 7 (65 views)
Shortcut
Is it the same replica as a few threads down? [In reply to] Can't Post

I've seen a couple of pictures on SideshowCollectors forum (you're on there aren't you, but under a different username, if I remember rightly?)

I've considered getting the replica myself, I've just never had enough money for it. I think that would definitely be the one piece I want to own. It really does feel like the "real thing". HeartEvil

Thanks for sharing all your pictures. If I'm ever your way, I'd sure like to visit. Just check my pockets on the way out. Wink

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 15 2013, 10:44pm

Post #5 of 7 (61 views)
Shortcut
Yes, sir [In reply to] Can't Post

It is. I am. I'm The Josh over on the Sideshow Collectors. You may have seen my pictures then over there.

I paid $550 for mine which is expensive but if you save up for it you'll see its worth the time and money. It really does. It's like bringing a piece of Middle-earth right out if the books or movies. I was also lucky enough to get a replica of young Bilbo with it.

No problem. Thanks for checking them out. I love sharing this kind of thing because geeking out with my fellow fans of Middle-earth is pretty special. Sounds like a plan to me. Cool

Brethil
Half-elven

Aug 16 2013, 1:22am

Post #6 of 7 (53 views)
Shortcut
Great collection Elessar! [In reply to] Can't Post

I was meaning to ask you a few weeks ago as to how happy you are with your Trilogy Tuesday film cells - I just love the shots in mine, but many people that night seemed a bit iffy.

(And if Daniel does comes by, maybe the Talking Purse could stand guard at the door. Just in case.) Wink

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 16 2013, 1:49am

Post #7 of 7 (85 views)
Shortcut
Thank you :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I love mine. The ones me and my Dad got had some cool scenes so that was kind of pure luck. The rest I've gotten on eBay so I've been able to buy ones with scenes I liked. So it's kind if rigging the system in that I assure I'm gonna like what I get. I've seen some with scenes that I didn't care for so I can understand but most have at least one cool one.

Good idea! Tongue

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.