Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Thorin vs ... a Giant Bat at the BoFA? *speculations and spoilers*

Arandir
Gondor

Aug 6 2013, 7:44am

Views: 1371
Shortcut
Thorin vs ... a Giant Bat at the BoFA? *speculations and spoilers* Can't Post

Following several discussions regarding PJ's last shooting day updates, and a detailed analysis on who Thorin could be fighting in this picture, two things emerged - this is neither Azog or Bolg ...

Then again, as some suggested, it could simply be an orc - but why wear an entire greensuit, rather than a plain orc-costume. The attire seems to indicate an entirely CGI-crafted creature.

And whilst a goblin could suffice, I've convinced myself that Thorin may be fighting against a giant bat ... It might sound ridiculous to some, and yet, it's got an interesting concept to it.

I'd imagine PJ won't use the bats simply to cover up the sun or as "vampires" over dead bodies. We'll most certainly see them harassing and attacking Elves, Men and Dwarves - seriously injuring them

Thorin's "Last Shot", might not have necessarily meant his last stand; even if it did, this Bat ecounter could be just moments prior to the dwarf being mauled over by Azog (or Bolg).

Any thoughts? Am I way over my head?Crazy

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog

(This post was edited by Arandir on Aug 6 2013, 7:47am)

Subject User Time
Thorin vs ... a Giant Bat at the BoFA? *speculations and spoilers* Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Aug 6 2013, 7:44am
    Interesting idea but, although I don't know much about the technicalities of CGI... ThorinIIIStonehelm Send a private message to ThorinIIIStonehelm Aug 6 2013, 8:25am
        Is a dragon a humanoid creature? Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Aug 6 2013, 8:52am
            Ok, you've got me there [laugh] ThorinIIIStonehelm Send a private message to ThorinIIIStonehelm Aug 6 2013, 9:19am
            Interesting... Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Aug 6 2013, 9:59am
        the guy in the green suit Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Aug 6 2013, 9:14am
            Ok. I see what you mean... ThorinIIIStonehelm Send a private message to ThorinIIIStonehelm Aug 6 2013, 9:33am
                I know, right? Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Aug 6 2013, 9:55am
            Maybe it's Azog's Warg? Lio Send a private message to Lio Aug 6 2013, 11:37pm
                Not a bad idea! Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Aug 7 2013, 6:46am
    I think the main point of the Giant Bats, if any, is to be in air combat with the Eagles Seaber Send a private message to Seaber Aug 6 2013, 8:37am
        The problem with being an orc Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Aug 6 2013, 9:20am
        Yeah... not the Eagles AGAIN, please. xxxyyy Send a private message to xxxyyy Aug 6 2013, 10:23am
            I'm quite happy with them, as long as it's done in a different way to ROTK Seaber Send a private message to Seaber Aug 6 2013, 10:34am
            Well, Tolkien was the one who decided to involve the eagles... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Aug 6 2013, 1:04pm
                It has irritatingly cropped up in the majority of movie discussions I've had with both fans and non-fans alike (bot not on torn). Aitieuriskon Send a private message to Aitieuriskon Aug 6 2013, 4:36pm
    I just think the green mask looks like batman's Ffnir Send a private message to Ffnir Aug 6 2013, 4:06pm
        Good point Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Aug 6 2013, 5:42pm
            Batman Versus Thorin glor Send a private message to glor Aug 6 2013, 9:14pm
                Not to mention, if Richard Armitage plays batman ... Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Aug 7 2013, 6:45am
    IMO they wouldn't use human mo-cap for a creature that is not humanoid in form Captain Salt Send a private message to Captain Salt Aug 6 2013, 6:32pm
    Before this thread basically "dies" I'd like to ask a question about that pic... ThorinIIIStonehelm Send a private message to ThorinIIIStonehelm Aug 7 2013, 7:43pm
        My thoughts exactly! Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Aug 8 2013, 6:38pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.