Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
Collecting The Precious - The Bridge Direct Comic-Con 2013 Booth Tour

News from Bree
spymaster@theonering.net

Jul 25 2013, 11:00pm

Post #1 of 25 (2046 views)
Shortcut
Collecting The Precious - The Bridge Direct Comic-Con 2013 Booth Tour Can't Post

IMG_3864Our friends from The Bridge Direct had another great showing at Comic-Con this year with more of their great figures for The Hobbit Trilogy. This year at their booth The Bridge Direct had almost every new figure we're going to see in the fall when wave 2 of their line ships. We got new 6" figures of Yazneg, Radagast the Brown, Bolg, and Azog. This Azog figure is different than the Comic-Con 2013 Exclusive Figure. The 3.75" line of figures had the rest of the Dwarves which we did not get in wave one and Thranduil to complete what they had at the booth. The 3.75" line is also getting a couple of new multi-packs one will have all of the Dwarves and the one at Comic-Con is a Mirkwood pack coming with Thranduil Tauriel, Legolas, Fili, and Kili. There is a Beorn figure coming but as of right now he will have to remain a mystery for just a little while longer. We also get to see a Legolas figure in the new packaging that we will see for The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. Overall, as I said The Bridge Direct had another great Comic-Con and I can't wait to see wave 2 hit the shelves.

[gallery ids="75980,75981,75982,75983,75984,75986,75987,75988,75989,75990,75991,75992,75993,75996"]

Dwalin
Rivendell

Jul 26 2013, 11:24am

Post #2 of 25 (1672 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

These figures look AWESOME! I'm glad we can finally get all of the members of Thorin and Company together. It's also cool that Yazneg is making his way to the States. Can't wait to get these peeps!

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 29 2013, 11:32pm

Post #3 of 25 (1672 views)
Shortcut
Awesome indeed! [In reply to] Can't Post

They had a great showing at Comic-Con this year. All of the figures looked great and like you said its nice to see the rest of the company coming along nicely. I also like that we're getting Thranduil. He looked really good. The whole Mirkwood pack should be pretty sweet and a nice grab for anyone missing those figures. It is nice that Yazneg is finally landing in the states. I almost ordered him via ebay but glad I held off. I also like that we're getting new packaging for film 2.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Jul 30 2013, 11:12am

Post #4 of 25 (1653 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil + 4 [In reply to] Can't Post

The Mirkwood pack is a sick deal for people missing figures from Wave 1. Not only do you get 4 cool characters, but Thranduil is practically free! Good move on Yazneg. Yes, the packaging looks OUTSTANDING! "The Journey Continues" = NICE!

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 31 2013, 4:09am

Post #5 of 25 (1643 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil [In reply to] Can't Post

That is a good deal. I think for you and I getting Thranduil is the way to go and use the money to get some thing else we don't have. I just assumed we'd have to get him and again save that money for more figures. Cool Indeed! The new packaging is nice.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Jul 31 2013, 11:24am

Post #6 of 25 (1645 views)
Shortcut
Point Well Made, Sir! [In reply to] Can't Post

Valid point. I could use army builders, but not of individual characters. lol If Thranduil is sold solo, I'll pick him up that way.

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 1 2013, 9:30pm

Post #7 of 25 (1639 views)
Shortcut
Army Building [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be cool for anyone who wanted to do that if TBD would make some generic Dwarves and Elves for people to build armies with. Heck, they could even do orcs for the battle of five armies.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 2 2013, 12:24pm

Post #8 of 25 (1596 views)
Shortcut
Battling!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

It would be FANTASTIC if we could get some army builder for the Battle of the 5 Armies! Elven Archers, Dwarven Axemen, Human Soliders, Orc Warriors, Wargs, and so on. I'd be looking to purchase them all!

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 2 2013, 7:46pm

Post #9 of 25 (1679 views)
Shortcut
Nice! [In reply to] Can't Post

I wouldn't do it myself too much money going to other hobbit stuff but I would love to see pictures of any dio builds. Cool

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 5 2013, 11:28am

Post #10 of 25 (1614 views)
Shortcut
Visuals - Absolutely! [In reply to] Can't Post

Well, if we do get army builders, I'll make sure to send you some! Would still like to see Wave 2 out there first. lol

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 7 2013, 1:40am

Post #11 of 25 (1575 views)
Shortcut
Sweet [In reply to] Can't Post

Yea, please do. We can even put the pictures in a future review or article on the figure from tbd.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 7 2013, 11:35am

Post #12 of 25 (1557 views)
Shortcut
Army Builder Pics [In reply to] Can't Post

That sounds AWESOME! I'll keep that in mind.

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 7 2013, 12:51pm

Post #13 of 25 (1560 views)
Shortcut
Cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Sounds like a plan to me. Cool

LordotRings93
Rohan

Aug 7 2013, 6:28pm

Post #14 of 25 (1546 views)
Shortcut
Look amazing! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope this time around my local Walmart will get them in....

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 8 2013, 11:09am

Post #15 of 25 (1556 views)
Shortcut
Mystery Placement [In reply to] Can't Post

As of now, it remains a mystery as to who will be carrying these figures. I've seen a few online retailers list them, then remove/cancel the items.

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 8 2013, 5:56pm

Post #16 of 25 (1568 views)
Shortcut
Mystery [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, I'm getting the itch to order. I'd like to start seeing these go up so I can use my money the best I can and scratch that itch.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 9 2013, 11:14am

Post #17 of 25 (1537 views)
Shortcut
Mucho Itchy [In reply to] Can't Post

Agreed. It's a little frustrating not being able to plan my spending accordingly for these figures knowing that they will be released relatively soon. What's up with that?!

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 9 2013, 1:19pm

Post #18 of 25 (1557 views)
Shortcut
A plan [In reply to] Can't Post

That's the thing I want to plan on being able to work these into the buying schedule and with getting stuff from Weta and Gentle Giant I've gotta be able to mix it all in.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 12 2013, 11:39am

Post #19 of 25 (1522 views)
Shortcut
The Way of the Pack [In reply to] Can't Post

I hear ya. It gets more difficult especially with the holidays so close by afterwards as well. I'm guessing these 5 figure sets in the 3.75" line are going for about $29.99 each, which is a good deal considering the single figures usually sell for $7.99 - $10.99

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 12 2013, 11:45pm

Post #20 of 25 (1530 views)
Shortcut
Packing it in [In reply to] Can't Post

The holidays being close are a bit of an issue. Which is why when we see a list of where they will be sold it will be a big help. That way we can decide based in what we saw from comic-con will be the best way to go.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 13 2013, 11:52am

Post #21 of 25 (1511 views)
Shortcut
Man vs Bear! [In reply to] Can't Post

Exactly! I'm really curious to see what they do with Beorn. A man and bear beast pack would be AWESOME!

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 13 2013, 6:20pm

Post #22 of 25 (1501 views)
Shortcut
That would be sweet [In reply to] Can't Post

I'd especially like to see a figure now that we have some serious debate going in The Hobbit thread about what he looks like. A figure would go a long way to getting a good idea of what he does look like.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 14 2013, 11:15am

Post #23 of 25 (1493 views)
Shortcut
Photo Required [In reply to] Can't Post

That's for sure. We need some pics or a prototype. I mean, the figures should be in out in 2 months so it's about time we got some more information.

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 14 2013, 11:56am

Post #24 of 25 (1957 views)
Shortcut
Getting Jazzed [In reply to] Can't Post

Its getting closer and it would sure pump people up to be able to see more pictures of things we saw at Comic-Con and things we didn't see.

Dwalin
Rivendell

Aug 15 2013, 11:43am

Post #25 of 25 (1493 views)
Shortcut
Trolls Wanted [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope you're right! I'd still like to see figures of the 3 trolls eventually. Perhaps there will be a trilogy line like Toy Biz had for LOTR and we'll get some more cool figures after all of the films have been released? That would be cool!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.