The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
The Hobbit pre-order on Amazon.co.uk

Radagast-Aiwendil
Gondor

Aug 4 2013, 1:16pm

Post #1 of 18 (963 views)
Shortcut
The Hobbit pre-order on Amazon.co.uk Can't Post

So that I see that you can currently pre-order The Hobbit EE on Amazon.com, but there is currently no such option on Amazon.co.uk-all it says "Sign up to be notified when this item becomes available". When, I wonder out o sheer curiosity, will it become available on the UK site? I don't mean to sound impatient but I want to pre-order as soon as possible and the fact that DVD release schedules often treat the British as second-class citizens is somewhat annoying at times (e.g. when the TE was released on the 8th of April in the UK whilst the U.S. release was in March-and yes, I know other countries had to wait longer).

"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."-Gandalf

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Aug 4 2013, 2:13pm

Post #2 of 18 (476 views)
Shortcut
Does it matter? [In reply to] Can't Post

I doubt they'll run out of units. It'll probably go up soonish. And this time they won't make you wait a month longer for the movie since Christmas shopping season would almost be over by then. It's coming out in Germany around the same time as in the US, so expect the same for UK.

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 4 2013, 2:23pm

Post #3 of 18 (494 views)
Shortcut
Their mistake is releasing it for digital download on 22nd October (UK) ... [In reply to] Can't Post

All the footage will be leaked within that 2 weeks. Seems pointless!

Smile

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Aug 4 2013, 2:40pm

Post #4 of 18 (451 views)
Shortcut
Why is this a mistake? [In reply to] Can't Post

Are you buying the SEE just to sate your curiosity about which additions they made? Well, i for one want to have the SEE in my collection and i figure most are like me. If you really don't want to spoil yourself, don't look.

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 4 2013, 2:53pm

Post #5 of 18 (457 views)
Shortcut
Of course I won't be looking. I haven't watched the Elrond and Bilbo scene. [In reply to] Can't Post

I wasn't suggesting that I was going to be spoiled. But all the scenes are going to end up online before the DVD is officially released. Why don't they do it on the same date, to prevent illegal downloads and youtube hits? That's a mistake in my eyes.

Smile

Estel78
Tol Eressea

Aug 4 2013, 3:18pm

Post #6 of 18 (442 views)
Shortcut
Offering downloads earlier seems common practice [In reply to] Can't Post

Or at least it's not uncommon. I dunno, doing a tiered release bears better results maybe? They have data we don't. Someone will get their hands on the bluray / dvd earlier and put it on the internet anyway.

(This post was edited by Estel78 on Aug 4 2013, 3:19pm)

QuackingTroll
Valinor

Aug 4 2013, 3:47pm

Post #7 of 18 (454 views)
Shortcut
I want to know when pre-ordering starts, cause I think the UK version might be slightly different [In reply to] Can't Post

According to the site descriptions we get a steelbook and a "Bilbo's Trunk" edition and I'm curious to see what these are and whether or not we get the statue over here.

(This post was edited by QuackingTroll on Aug 4 2013, 3:52pm)

TheHutt
Gondor

Aug 4 2013, 5:24pm

Post #8 of 18 (418 views)
Shortcut
About the statue... [In reply to] Can't Post

...you will be still able to import one from Germany, France, or even USA. ;)

Russian LOTR & Hobbit Site: Henneth-Annun.ru

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Aug 4 2013, 7:06pm

Post #9 of 18 (362 views)
Shortcut
I agree [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't get the far ranging release dates. I can see dates that are maybe a few days apart but honestly weeks and months apart all it does is ensure illegal downloading.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Noria
Gondor

Aug 4 2013, 7:27pm

Post #10 of 18 (392 views)
Shortcut
I feel your pain, Radagast-AIwendil [In reply to] Can't Post

Amazon.ca (Canada) lags behind Amazon.com in posting new releases. It's there now on Amazon.ca but there aren't any cover images.

And yes, I have pre-ordered it. We get these things the same day the U.S. does, so come on November 5.

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Aug 4 2013, 7:46pm

Post #11 of 18 (371 views)
Shortcut
Indeed... [In reply to] Can't Post

I too am concerned at the delay in revealing a) whether we will be getting the figurine gift set, and, if not, b) whether the "Premium Bilbo's Trunk" will be a worth alternative!

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Aug 4 2013, 8:22pm

Post #12 of 18 (345 views)
Shortcut
It doesn't make sense to me [In reply to] Can't Post

that they would make a different type of gift pack just for the UK.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

Elessar
Valinor

Aug 4 2013, 8:44pm

Post #13 of 18 (319 views)
Shortcut
No secret [In reply to] Can't Post

You're right putting it up for DL that early wont leave it much of a secret. I'll download it then and probably watch it that weekend.

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Aug 4 2013, 9:42pm

Post #14 of 18 (334 views)
Shortcut
Just to add to the confusion... [In reply to] Can't Post

I've just seen a sign-up to be notified about this EE DVD & Book pack on Amazon UK...

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

dormouse
Half-elven

Aug 4 2013, 10:02pm

Post #15 of 18 (301 views)
Shortcut
Very few things make sense to me..... ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree, though. I can't see any point in us having a different gift pack - or, indeed, in any of these exclusive deals they tend to do now. Just means they end up with a lot of disappointed customers who would like access to something that has been made available exclusively somewhere else. If everyone had the same they'd all be equally happy. Or disgruntled.

TheHutt
Gondor

Aug 5 2013, 8:22am

Post #16 of 18 (258 views)
Shortcut
That's what I meant [In reply to] Can't Post

...by "stop the version madness".

http://www.theonering.net/...-and-menu-cheapness/

TheHutt
Gondor

Aug 5 2013, 1:23pm

Post #17 of 18 (246 views)
Shortcut
You can get it in Germany... [In reply to] Can't Post

...the preorder just started for a quite reasonable price of 69.99 EUR (60.75 pounds):

Der Hobbit: Eine unerwartet Reise - Extended Edition 3D/2D Sammleredition (5 Discs, inkl. WETA-Statue) [3D Blu-ray]

(This post was edited by TheHutt on Aug 5 2013, 1:24pm)

diedye
Grey Havens

Aug 15 2013, 2:30pm

Post #18 of 18 (143 views)
Shortcut
Can you post a link to it?.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I've searched on Amazon.ca and can't find the EE DVD with the statue.

Blessed are the cracked,
For they are the ones who let in the light!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.