Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Middle-earth Conspiracy Theories

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Aug 3 2013, 10:24pm

Post #1 of 20 (406 views)
Shortcut
Middle-earth Conspiracy Theories Can't Post

What was the real reason that the Avari elves chose to not leave Middle-earth for Valinor?

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Ruxendil_Thoorg
Grey Havens

Aug 4 2013, 12:46am

Post #2 of 20 (204 views)
Shortcut
They didn't want to miss a chance to land a movie role... [In reply to] Can't Post

...and they knew that no one would EVER gain the rights to film anything in Valinor.

A bag is like a hole that you can carry with you.

http://newboards.theonering.net/...forum_view_expanded;

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Aug 4 2013, 4:10am

Post #3 of 20 (181 views)
Shortcut
It's such a pain to change your watch through all those time zones // [In reply to] Can't Post

4th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - May 1, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

DanielLB
Immortal

Aug 4 2013, 10:21am

Post #4 of 20 (174 views)
Shortcut
They didn't want to miss the 12th Doctor Who announcement! / [In reply to] Can't Post

malickfan
Gondor

Aug 4 2013, 11:30am

Post #5 of 20 (172 views)
Shortcut
They wanted to see if the rumours of Sentient Purses were true/ [In reply to] Can't Post

(I'm trying to fit in a reference evry day I post on TORn) Wink

The Talking Purse is Awesome, deal with it.

But he isn't quite as aweome as Cirdan.

L. Ron Halfelven
Grey Havens

Aug 4 2013, 12:02pm

Post #6 of 20 (190 views)
Shortcut
The Fox knows, but he's not telling.// [In reply to] Can't Post

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Aug 4 2013, 12:58pm

Post #7 of 20 (175 views)
Shortcut
They had an aversion to swans... [In reply to] Can't Post

...those swan-ships freaked them out (hope I'm not misremembering my lore).

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Aug 4 2013, 1:06pm

Post #8 of 20 (179 views)
Shortcut
They'd seen too many sci-if flicks [In reply to] Can't Post

Where the aliens abduct people, then brainwash them to come back with the news of a paradise waiting for them. Those probes are SO painful.(I can't remember the name of the movie, for the life of me! Sorry!)

Lightfoot
Rivendell

Aug 4 2013, 6:03pm

Post #9 of 20 (175 views)
Shortcut
No tickets! [In reply to] Can't Post

Faithful servant yet master's bane,
Lightfoot's foal, swift Snowmane

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 4 2013, 8:17pm

Post #10 of 20 (159 views)
Shortcut
They had translated the rest of the Valar's book, "To Serve Elf". / [In reply to] Can't Post

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Aug 4 2013, 8:18pm)

sador
Half-elven

Aug 4 2013, 8:26pm

Post #11 of 20 (144 views)
Shortcut
Chose? They drank too much, overslept, and missed the bus.// [In reply to] Can't Post

malickfan
Gondor

Aug 4 2013, 8:48pm

Post #12 of 20 (146 views)
Shortcut
Lol! [In reply to] Can't Post

Your comment is pretty ironic to me-my local bus service is apalling and they often rune late, if the Valar were reliant on an out sourced Bus Company it's little wonder the Elves took decades to cross to the sea.

Hmm...perhaps that's why Cirdan missed the sailing of the Lonely Isle back across the sea...too much cider and a late night on the Town in Eglarest left him with a muzzy head and a rapidly aging apperance...

The Talking Purse is Awesome, deal with it.

But he isn't quite as aweome as Cirdan.

Escapist
Gondor

Aug 4 2013, 9:01pm

Post #13 of 20 (168 views)
Shortcut
They were making good their escape [In reply to] Can't Post

into deep space and decided it was easier to ask forgiveness than permission.

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Aug 5 2013, 12:47pm

Post #14 of 20 (125 views)
Shortcut
One word: Maps by Legolas (TM) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

CuriousG
Valinor

Aug 5 2013, 7:14pm

Post #15 of 20 (111 views)
Shortcut
No one had invented shoes yet, and it was a lonnngggggg walk. // [In reply to] Can't Post

Elwen
Lorien

Aug 5 2013, 7:36pm

Post #16 of 20 (114 views)
Shortcut
They were all posting on TORN and lost track of time. [In reply to] Can't Post

Hey, it happens to me often.

Before kids, exercising with LOTR meant listening to the soundtrack while I ran.

After kids, exercising with LOTR means having an all out dance party with the little ones to the "Break the Dam Release the River" disco mix form the Lego game.

noWizardme
Tol Eressea

Aug 6 2013, 11:58am

Post #17 of 20 (92 views)
Shortcut
They were inventing and playing video games - due to linguistic shift, "Avari" later became "Atari"... // [In reply to] Can't Post

Disclaimers: The words of noWizardme may stand on their heads! I'm often wrong about things, and its fun to be taught more....

"nowimë I am in the West, Furincurunir to the Dwarves (or at least, to their best friend) and by other names in other lands. Mostly they just say 'Oh no it's him - look busy!' "
Or "Hold off! unhand me, grey-beard loon!"

RosieLass
Valinor

Aug 7 2013, 4:52pm

Post #18 of 20 (87 views)
Shortcut
The game was going into overtime. [In reply to] Can't Post

And they just couldn't pull themselves away from the TV.

"BOTH [political] extremes are dangerous. But more dangerous are team fanboys who think all the extremists are on the OTHER side." (CNN reader comment)

It is always those with the fewest sensible things to say who make the loudest noise in saying them. --Precious Ramotswe (Alexander McCall Smith)

Yngwulff
Gondor

Aug 8 2013, 6:02am

Post #19 of 20 (63 views)
Shortcut
legalized magic mushrooms by Radaghast [In reply to] Can't Post

which he kept in a talking purse and gave away for free

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

ryouko
Lorien

Aug 10 2013, 11:52pm

Post #20 of 20 (83 views)
Shortcut
possible answers [In reply to] Can't Post

They wanted to finally be the prettiest beings in all of Middle Earth.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.