will he have graduated to something
More Effective?

TheSexyBeard
Lorien

Jul 30 2013, 10:19pm

Post #2 of 13 (503 views)
Shortcut
At Bo5A [In reply to] Can't Post

Personally I think it would be cool is Ori graduated from slingshot to crossbow for the battle. He doesn't seem a really strong fighter (most of his melee segments in AUJ are down to luck) but he does have very good aim.

Yes, my username is terrible.

burgahobbit
Rohan

Jul 31 2013, 12:18am

Post #3 of 13 (374 views)
Shortcut
Cool idea! // [In reply to] Can't Post

"I don't mean to be blunt but I felt I had to speak my mind, I'm sorry." - Bilbo Baggins.
"Apology accepted." - Balin.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 31 2013, 12:31am

Post #4 of 13 (390 views)
Shortcut
Yes. [In reply to] Can't Post

He will now be using a handheld Trebuchet in the BoTFA. I'm sure of it.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

LordotRings93
Rohan

Jul 31 2013, 12:38am

Post #5 of 13 (396 views)
Shortcut
I hope [In reply to] Can't Post

For some reason I wanna see a dwarf wield a crossbow in the trilogy somewhere, like maybe Dain's army will have some dwarves wielding crossbows? I can never picture a dwarf using a bow for some reason (Kili can be the exception on the matter), as the weapon doesn't really "fit" them, whereas a crossbow packs more of a punch so I can see a dwarf wanting to use one of them.

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 31 2013, 2:07am

Post #6 of 13 (368 views)
Shortcut
cross bows [In reply to] Can't Post

better also for those with shorter arm spans such as dwarves.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Jul 31 2013, 3:51pm

Post #7 of 13 (267 views)
Shortcut
I want jackson to do [In reply to] Can't Post

a scene in moria where we see an orc mazarbul the dwarvishness out of him and up his jacksy!

Vous commencez à m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Jul 31 2013, 4:33pm

Post #8 of 13 (251 views)
Shortcut
Ori will definitely improve [In reply to] Can't Post

I love how they gave him a slingshot! Laugh It really contrasts him with Fili and Kili... Those two adorable boys seem to have less sense than Ori at times (sure, let's go sneak up on trolls! What could possibly go wrong), but they do have training and know how to handle their weapons. Poor little Ori. 'The little baby geek Dwarf', as I tend to call him - really, that would be who I most resemble out of the Company! Although I always had horrible aim with a slingshot...

Seeing as how Ori gets tossed Dwalin's warhammer in Goblintown and does all right with it (he has a habit of swinging it too far back over his head, although it comes in handy for bonking any orcs or wargs on the noggin who try to sneak up on him!), I'd say he will get a better weapon at the BOFA. Personally, I'm surprised he can even lift Dwalin's warhammar, much less swing it over his head!! Wow, Ori. He must have really been dwarvicising to do that. Then again, Dori is supposed to be physically the strongest member of the company... Perhaps Ori will be as strong as he is one day? Just in time for Moria... *sniff*

Can I also be in denial about that part of FOTR? I can't watch the Chamber of Mazarbul scene anymore without sniffling through it. This is what AUJ has done to me! Gah. Didn't use to care about those skeletons in Moria... now I do. Frown

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2013, 12:17am

Post #9 of 13 (212 views)
Shortcut
Marzabul [In reply to] Can't Post

Man that scene has so much meaning and power to me now. When Gimli wails at Balin's tomb now it's just heartbreaking as we envision Ken Stott's Balin making a last valiant stand. And Gandalf's talk about death and judgement to Frodo (which PJ masterfully put in Moria instead of leaving it at Bag End as it was in the book). Having seen the sparing of Gollum by Bilbo that scene also is even more poignant.

cats16
Half-elven

Aug 1 2013, 1:36am

Post #10 of 13 (189 views)
Shortcut
Well said, HS. [In reply to] Can't Post

The more I come to love Balin (as the films continue), it'll be harder and harder to go through that scene. I can't wait to see how LOTR is going to play, say, 5 years from now. I wonder about any other scenes, like this one in Moria, that will have a much deeper emotional meaning after seeing TH unfold. I'm already anticipating having a much more reflective experience at the beginning of FOTR with Bilbo. Before, I was constricted to only imagining Ian Holm's younger self in TH (which won't nearly be as emotional as seeing Freeman act it out), and of course my imagination while reading the book (or a combination of both, too). Down the road, I imagine I'll have a much more meaningful time seeing Bilbo struggle with bearing the Ring in FOTR.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Aug 1 2013, 11:17am

Post #11 of 13 (165 views)
Shortcut
Lussy...ROTFLMAO! [In reply to] Can't Post

Right OMMMM...BwaHAHa,hA,

Does ORI ?
even HAVE a Jacksy?

Your Bro
Bomby

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Aug 1 2013, 4:18pm

Post #12 of 13 (152 views)
Shortcut
If he doesnt [In reply to] Can't Post

they ll make one for him.

But i believe he does, since he seems to know so much about dragon's jacksies...

ssssssssss.....

Vous commencez à m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Aug 3 2013, 6:09pm

Post #13 of 13 (98 views)
Shortcut
Crossbows were seen used by the ORCS @ Helm's Deep! [In reply to] Can't Post

soo..that IS in realm of possibilities!

Bomby hopes the 13 really get TOTALLY Decked OUT
from the Armory inside the Mountain..
should be a Quite interesting Scene.

Fili could be standing next to his Brother
handing him arrows and Kili pulls a "Legolus"
with endless rapid fire....
Let's hope it as Spectacular as Pelenor Fields.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.