Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
To change or not to change?

crazyformf
The Shire

Jul 28 2013, 2:14am

Post #1 of 9 (1091 views)
Shortcut
To change or not to change? Can't Post

I actually booked my trip to Wellington back in May. And I heard that the world premiere for DOS will be in Moscow.

I also hear that there will be a premiere in NZ. Jed Brophy's band will be playing. My trip is actually booked on 9 Dec to 14 Dec that week, the release date for NZ is 12 Dec, I hope to be able to catch the premiere. I've never been to a movie premiere before. Not sure how it works either.

My friend in NZ is advising to come the week before the release date. So should I change my flight schedule? =/ Any advise? Unsure

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 28 2013, 2:25am

Post #2 of 9 (475 views)
Shortcut
Movie Premieres [In reply to] Can't Post

Are tons of fun. Tons. I don't know about going one week before but certainly several days, yes. For one thing you want to get over the jet lag to be fully prepared. Secondly, there is always tons of excitement around any opening, even if it isn't the worldwide one. There's just a "buzz" in the air you don't get anywhere else. Drink lots of water and stay hydrated and wear comfortable shoes for lots of standing. For this premiere you probably will need to get there early. I also think you may want to book it several days prior then several after so you can recover.

NZ is a long way for most people. I don't know where you live but for most it's 1/2 a world away and the dissonance of losing/gaining a day in flight can make the experience uncomfortable if you don't plan right. I say several before, several after. Others may have different ideas though.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

crazyformf
The Shire

Jul 28 2013, 2:58am

Post #3 of 9 (392 views)
Shortcut
Thanks. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm flying from Singapore, which is about 13 hour flight. There's only a difference of 4 hours between our side and NZ actually.

Thanks for all the tips. Sadly, that still doesn't answer my question... T_T *Sigh* But thanks!

Moahunter
Rohan

Jul 28 2013, 4:30am

Post #4 of 9 (388 views)
Shortcut
Wii there be a premiere in Wellington? [In reply to] Can't Post

What have you heard? I live in Wellington and I've heard nothing about any pre-general release screening. But I assume there will be something happening.

crazyformf
The Shire

Jul 28 2013, 4:39am

Post #5 of 9 (392 views)
Shortcut
There will be. [In reply to] Can't Post

I mean, it seems logical they will have one in NZ. I heard from.my friends who met some of the cast at Armaggedon Expo and how Jed Brophy's gonna playing with his band for the premiere.

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 28 2013, 9:28am

Post #6 of 9 (343 views)
Shortcut
Not a premier [In reply to] Can't Post

But Red Carpet Tours is again hosting a premier party http://redcarpet-tours.com/news-media

I think there will be something special for opening night in Wellington, since it is of course home base for PJ, and he will probably already have done a world premiere somewhere earlier (Moscow was a joke from Aiden and Jed, I think it now is confirmed to be LA).

crazyformf
The Shire

Jul 28 2013, 9:37am

Post #7 of 9 (297 views)
Shortcut
Wow, thanks! [In reply to] Can't Post

That's really great info! So does it mean I don't have to change my flight? Dec 9 - 14 is safe? =/ Sorry just need to be sure

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 29 2013, 7:03am

Post #8 of 9 (112 views)
Shortcut
I think [In reply to] Can't Post

you are fine with these dates.

But you best contact Julie James from Red Carpet (or if you are on Facebook, find her there and maybe even join the Red Carpet group). She has much better information, since she is in NZ and I'm not.

All I know from what I heard is that there won't be a premier in Wellington like the one there was last year, which was on November 28th. But there probably will be some extra festivities around the release of the movie (December 13 or maybe a few days earlier).

So your days should be fine with my information. But if you are able to add more days to your holiday, I would maybe add a few days to the end. So you have the opportunity to see DOS in the Embassy Theater (which I think you won't be able to do on December 13 since it might be booked out if there is something special happening).

Have fun!

crazyformf
The Shire

Jul 29 2013, 7:39am

Post #9 of 9 (121 views)
Shortcut
Whew [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, that's just what I need to know. I will try get in contact with her then. Thanks! ^_^ I won't worry too much about not being able to catch the film because my side opens at around the same time. But then it will be great to be able to watch it at the place where it is made!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.