Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
So there will be a TABA extended cut!

flameofudun
Lorien

Jul 27 2013, 12:58pm

Post #1 of 11 (1379 views)
Shortcut
So there will be a TABA extended cut! Can't Post

This means a DOS one as well. Forgive me for repeating old news but the previous thread made by boldog I believe isn't getting a lot of attention and is moving off the list... Sometime in the end of 2015 hey? So who's excited for it!

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

Shagrat
Gondor

Jul 27 2013, 1:02pm

Post #2 of 11 (605 views)
Shortcut
But since AUJ is getting one [In reply to] Can't Post

How could you not think DoS and TABA wouldn't either? It was a given really.

LordotRings93
Rohan

Jul 27 2013, 1:16pm

Post #3 of 11 (566 views)
Shortcut
Because of the split into 3 films [In reply to] Can't Post

And some assumed that that meant less footage to be cut and then reinserted into an extended edition since they have more time and films to include all they wish to. But it seems this is not the case (I knew there would be), so this is glorious news. I hope each extended edition gets longer ala LOTR, with FotR being the shortest and RotK being the longest.

Lover of Medieval Fantasy
"I know what I must do. It's just... I'm afraid to do it."

deskp
Lorien

Jul 27 2013, 1:54pm

Post #4 of 11 (489 views)
Shortcut
um [In reply to] Can't Post

For the majority of people on these forums there was never any doubt that we'd get 3 extended editions. PJ always have too much footage for theatrical editions.

Marionette
Rohan

Jul 27 2013, 2:30pm

Post #5 of 11 (455 views)
Shortcut
I am no suprised, I was expecting that but anyway [In reply to] Can't Post

itīs great to confirm it!!!

"Dear friend good bye, no tears in my eyes. So sad it ends, as it began"
Queen

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 27 2013, 4:09pm

Post #6 of 11 (388 views)
Shortcut
Yep me too. [In reply to] Can't Post

excited for all of them.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Jul 27 2013, 4:19pm

Post #7 of 11 (395 views)
Shortcut
You need to ask if we're excited?? [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, I'm excited!!! I expected it all along, but that doesn't make the waiting any easier.

I'd love if the EE's were in a book-like case to match my LOTR EE's, but a thread below seems to indicate that they may be in miniature replicas of Bilbo's trunk. A novel idea, I suppose, and it has merit. Still... it'd be kind of nice if they all matched.

If so, what colors should the Hobbit EE's be? Blue, green, and red are taken. What's left that would be appropriate? Brown, gold, black, silver, white? (White would be nice for TABA, especially if we get a BOFA in the snow.)

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 27 2013, 5:04pm

Post #8 of 11 (393 views)
Shortcut
Bomby is getting Nervious...I need to keep [In reply to] Can't Post

breathing Until? then...
Then you CAN take me out
Back and shoot me.
A lifelooong Dream come TRUE!

Salmacis81
Grey Havens

Jul 27 2013, 5:07pm

Post #9 of 11 (380 views)
Shortcut
This isn't exactly surprising news... [In reply to] Can't Post

I think most of us expected this, TBH.

Eldorion
Rohan

Jul 27 2013, 5:28pm

Post #10 of 11 (379 views)
Shortcut
Once we knew there'd be an AUJ-EE it was basically confirmed [In reply to] Can't Post

PJ clearly has a lot left that he wants to say about Middle-earth before he's done with the franchise (whether that's a good thing or a bad thing I won't comment at the moment). Plus he knows that fans expect and want EEs given how popular the LOTR ones. I can't imagine any scenario in which PJ wouldn't have gone ahead and released the even greater volume of material he has, and I'm sure Warner Bros. was more than happy to oblige.

There's a feeling I get, when I look to the West...

sycorax82
Rohan

Jul 28 2013, 9:26pm

Post #11 of 11 (181 views)
Shortcut
I think Peter should do real snappy theatrical cuts of both DoS and TABA [In reply to] Can't Post

While I liked just about everything that was included in AUJ, and could easily have sat through a few more minutes, it DID drag in places. For DoS I want everything up to the barrels to be much pacier than AUJ's first hour.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.