Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
That's a wrap! PJ- I salute you!

~Delta~
The Shire

Jul 26 2013, 2:24pm

Post #1 of 19 (1478 views)
Shortcut
That's a wrap! PJ- I salute you! Can't Post

So the Hobbit has finally wrapped, fighting through the, erm, "inclement weather" to reach it's conclusion. I feel sad! But how awesome were PJ's update blogs for the final day! Such a great insight into the filming process for these amazing films. But with the promise of EE's for DOS and TABA, maybe PJ's cogs will start turning in post-production for additional snippets and pick-ups.

I just feel in awe of this world that Tolkien created and PJ brought to life before our eyes, that swept every fantasy-stricken dreamer off their feet, giving us all somewhere truly magical to escape to at the touch of a button or the turn of a page. So here's to Tolkien and Jackson- kings of men! And long-live the legacy. :)

Misty Mountain Hop
Rivendell

Jul 26 2013, 2:36pm

Post #2 of 19 (679 views)
Shortcut
What's next on the agenda for Peter? [In reply to] Can't Post

Besides the Tintin films, any idea what he may be thinking of next for a project?

adnan
Rivendell

Jul 26 2013, 2:46pm

Post #3 of 19 (579 views)
Shortcut
What a man! [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't thank him enough for giving such amazing escapism over the years. I hope the man makes many more great epic and small-scale projects in the future. If he were to ask me I'd say to adapt the 'Book of Small Things' on the big screen at some point in the future. It's my favorite fantasy book after The Hobbit.

Rivendell

flameofudun
Lorien

Jul 26 2013, 2:46pm

Post #4 of 19 (601 views)
Shortcut
Don't forget the AUJ EE [In reply to] Can't Post

Though he has probably already finished shooting for that

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

Escapist
Gondor

Jul 26 2013, 2:47pm

Post #5 of 19 (591 views)
Shortcut
Thanks to PJ and company [In reply to] Can't Post

for another wonderful set of movies that we all can enjoy in the years to come! Cool

Lindele
Gondor

Jul 26 2013, 2:57pm

Post #6 of 19 (561 views)
Shortcut
Well said! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thank you PJ!

Jim
Rivendell

Jul 26 2013, 3:10pm

Post #7 of 19 (629 views)
Shortcut
I hope.... [In reply to] Can't Post

its going to be The Dambusters. I've been waiting for this for a few years but it had to be put aside because of PJs involvement in The Hobbit. He's already done some pre-production on the movie by creating some life size? replicas of the Lancaster bomber.

painjoiker
Grey Havens

Jul 26 2013, 3:53pm

Post #8 of 19 (535 views)
Shortcut
Tintin and The Dam Busters [In reply to] Can't Post

"The Adventure of Tintin: Prisoners of the Sun" and a remake of the 1955 film, "The Dam Busters" is the next projects for PJ Smile
Earliest release date for both is 2015, so don't hold your breath for those yet and enjoy The Hobbit Wink

Vocalist in the progressive metal band Renamed.

(This post was edited by painjoiker on Jul 26 2013, 3:53pm)

Imladris18
Lorien

Jul 26 2013, 4:21pm

Post #9 of 19 (499 views)
Shortcut
He does have a love for aviation, much like myself. [In reply to] Can't Post

So, I hope you are right! I'd love to see a proper aviation movie let alone with PJ at the helm.

emre43
Lorien

Jul 26 2013, 4:49pm

Post #10 of 19 (452 views)
Shortcut
Thank you so much Peter [In reply to] Can't Post

and everybody else who has been involved in making both the LOTr trilogy and the Hobbit trilogy.

Arandir
Gondor

Jul 26 2013, 4:56pm

Post #11 of 19 (458 views)
Shortcut
The Dambusters and his World War I film ... [In reply to] Can't Post

been expecting him to tackle a Gallipoli-centred film for a while now Smile

'A Tolkienist's Perspective' Blog

Eldorion
Rohan

Jul 26 2013, 6:26pm

Post #12 of 19 (403 views)
Shortcut
Is it confirmed that The Dambusters is happening? [In reply to] Can't Post

Granted, I haven't gone looking for any Dambusters news in a long time, but the last I heard of it (which was several years ago) was that Christian Rivers was supposed to direct. It seemed like it got lost in development hell or just forgotten about as The Hobbit started to move forward, though.

There's a feeling I get, when I look to the West...

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 26 2013, 7:29pm

Post #13 of 19 (361 views)
Shortcut
What a day [In reply to] Can't Post

A few years back I was in a study counselling session and one of the questions was: "which famous person would you like to talk to". I didn't really know one person to talk to, but I did say I would love to be around Peter Jackson when he was working one day. This has come very close to that wish.

Jim
Rivendell

Jul 26 2013, 8:24pm

Post #14 of 19 (341 views)
Shortcut
Last I heard.. [In reply to] Can't Post

about The Dambusters was from Stephen Fry (I think who is co writing the script with PJ) over the dilemma about the name of Guy Gibson's dog (Script issues). But during the release of AUJ PJ said this about the project:

Plumb: “What is the current state of the Dambusters project?”
Jackson: “Dambusters is on hold waiting for me to finish The Hobbit. The Hobbit wasn’t something I intended to get involved in [as much] as I did, so there was an option at one stage I’d be shooting The Dambusters while Guillermo [del Toro] was shooting The Hobbit, but as things ended up going, The Dambusters has just had to sit on the sidelines.”
“But it’s there. The Lancasters are built. We’ve got ten Lancs built for us sitting in storage. And it’s ready to go as soon as we possibly can.”

There is a vlog about the Dambusters here including some great photos of PJ and Fry infront of the Lancaster replicas: http://dambustersblog.com/category/peter-jackson/

Faenoriel
Tol Eressea

Jul 26 2013, 8:30pm

Post #15 of 19 (344 views)
Shortcut
Thank you PJ. Thank you for changing my life. Thank you for all these years. [In reply to] Can't Post

For the actual movies and the effect they had on the teenage me, for introducing me to Tolkien, for letting us the fans inside the world of the cast and crew of these movies... and for all the people I've been allowed to meet in the fandom. For making my life better, so much better.

After everything is said and done, after all the artistic disagreements... what remains are the memories of the most awesome movie franchise, and the most awesome people behind it.

But every word you say today
Gets twisted 'round some other way
And they'll hurt you if they think you've lied

(This post was edited by Faenoriel on Jul 26 2013, 8:30pm)

Skaan
Lorien

Jul 26 2013, 8:34pm

Post #16 of 19 (342 views)
Shortcut
Well, there's this [In reply to] Can't Post

Apparantly, PJ has won the rights to make a film adaptation about a series of novels called "Temeraire". More info about the novels here: http://en.wikipedia.org/...ries%29#Film_version

It looks like the last time he talked about it was somewhere in 2009 though, so i don't know wether he's still planning on doing it somewhere in the future.

Here's a quote that talks about it (taken from the Wikipedia page i linked):

"The Hollywood reporter reports that Peter Jackson, who is best known for directing the Lord of the Rings trilogy and King Kong, has optioned the rights to the series. Jackson added that Temeraire "is a terrific meld of two genres that I particularly love — fantasy and historical epic. I can't wait to see Napoleonic battles fought with a squadron of dragons. That's what I go to the movies for."
On July 24, 2009 in an interview with IGN, Jackson stated that he has considered making the story as a mini-series, as he is worried that if the first movie would flop at the box office, it would put the story at a full stop and leave it incomplete."

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 26 2013, 9:51pm

Post #17 of 19 (300 views)
Shortcut
Hear hear! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope he makes it and I'd be there to watch with bells on.

THANK YOU SIR PETER JACKSON FOR EVERYTHING! WHAT A TERRIFIC RIDE!

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 29 2013, 1:47pm

Post #18 of 19 (81 views)
Shortcut
Thang You Berry Buch" from Bomby // [In reply to] Can't Post

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 29 2013, 11:34pm

Post #19 of 19 (86 views)
Shortcut
Thank you PJ [In reply to] Can't Post

Its been a fun ride watching you film The Hobbit. I can't wait to see the the next two films. Cool

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.