Last day of shooting
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 26 2013, 3:02am

Post #26 of 94 (3077 views)
Shortcut
Big Richard, Little Richard, Medium Richard [In reply to] Can't Post

That is classic the latest post. And it shows how truly difficult a task it is to work with scale like he has had two. 13 dwarves, plus Dain et.al, plus a hobbit (smaller yet) and men and elves. I can't imagine how difficult it's been. Love that shot he just posted.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

droidsocket
Lorien

Jul 26 2013, 3:24am

Post #27 of 94 (3047 views)
Shortcut
Any one have an idea? [In reply to] Can't Post

How come there are three different scale actors?

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 26 2013, 4:07am

Post #28 of 94 (3029 views)
Shortcut
Scale of Thorin; tooth of wolf; Witch-king's mummy; maw and gulf ... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
That is classic the latest post. And it shows how truly difficult a task it is to work with scale like he has had two. 13 dwarves, plus Dain et.al, plus a hobbit (smaller yet) and men and elves. I can't imagine how difficult it's been. Love that shot he just posted.

...are just some oddments in SPJ's day.

I agree with your sentiments absolutely H-S! Cool

The first TORn Amateur Symposium starts this week in the Reading Room! Come and join in!

Metal Slug
Rivendell

Jul 26 2013, 4:16am

Post #29 of 94 (3019 views)
Shortcut
Finally [In reply to] Can't Post

getting some good info about the series. Not sure about Dwalin's armor and Thorin's outfit if they're supposed to be in TBoFA. For some reason, I'm expecting the dwarf lords to be decked out and dressed to the hilt after visiting the Royal Armory. Maybe the Thorins took their armor off for lunch.

Really glad that Pete thinks Shore's score is great! Don't like all the green screen though.

Metal Slug
Rivendell

Jul 26 2013, 5:18am

Post #30 of 94 (2992 views)
Shortcut
Quote PJ, [In reply to] Can't Post

We're battling on, shooting Thorin in a climatic duel for the third movie. Finishing the entire shoot with the end of his story. Fitting I guess. It's obviously not the very end of the movie itself. That scene was actually shot about 2 years ago. But it's tough emotional stuff to punch on with into the night. Keeps us on our toes until the bitter end!

So, old Bilbo with Ian Holm perhaps to end the tale?

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Jul 26 2013, 5:38am

Post #31 of 94 (2924 views)
Shortcut
Maybe I'm not doing something but I can't access his page [In reply to] Can't Post

it says I have to sign in or log on? I see the picture okay, and what comment there is, but that's it. (I am completely lost on the Facebook thing) How do you navigate to another of his posts?

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

(This post was edited by Old Toby on Jul 26 2013, 5:46am)

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Jul 26 2013, 5:55am

Post #32 of 94 (2904 views)
Shortcut
Never mind, I think I got the hang of it now.....duh..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Tongue Sometimes I wonder how I make it to work in the morning!

"Age is always advancing and I'm fairly sure it's up to no good." Harry Dresden (Jim Butcher)

Starling
Half-elven

Jul 26 2013, 5:57am

Post #33 of 94 (2907 views)
Shortcut
Did you just [In reply to] Can't Post

need to scroll down the page?
I wondered if that was all that was needed. Smile

Old Toby
Grey Havens

Jul 26 2013, 6:02am

Post #34 of 94 (2902 views)
Shortcut
Yeah, um, embarrassing as it is [In reply to] Can't Post

that's what I had to do. sigh. I attribute every stupid moment I have to my age. It's not my fault. I once had more brain cells, but, alas, they are disappearing at an alarming rate. My only consolation is that at some point I just won't care. Cool

Starling
Half-elven

Jul 26 2013, 6:07am

Post #35 of 94 (2905 views)
Shortcut
Well, [In reply to] Can't Post

your current set of brain cells managed to figure out the problem, so you can't be too far gone. Cool

Yngwulff
Gondor

Jul 26 2013, 6:08am

Post #36 of 94 (2892 views)
Shortcut
Clearly [In reply to] Can't Post

Love of the halfing's pipe weed has addled his mind LOL .....Wink

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 26 2013, 6:22am

Post #37 of 94 (2954 views)
Shortcut
Well, let's see. [In reply to] Can't Post

I can't think of anything much smaller than the dwarves to need a large scale actor for, because he's already in the right proportion to be next to Hobbits, and next to wizards and Elves they either use Richard kneeling, etc. or they would use a smaller scale double. So, then my guess would be....

Large Thorin (Richard Armitage) = Thorin with other dwarves, Bilbo and in close ups with wizards and Elves
Medium Thorin = Thorin vs large orcs or scale shots with wizards and Elves and Men
Small Thorin = Thorin with Beorn, or maybe even Smaug? Shocked

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dûm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Yngwulff
Gondor

Jul 26 2013, 6:26am

Post #38 of 94 (2916 views)
Shortcut
yup [In reply to] Can't Post

Large Thorin (Richard Armitage) = Thorin with other dwarves, Bilbo and in close ups with wizards and Elves
Medium Thorin = Thorin vs large orcs or scale shots with wizards and Elves and Men
Small Thorin = Thorin with Beorn, or maybe even Smaug?

That would be my guess as well

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

duats
Grey Havens

Jul 26 2013, 6:42am

Post #39 of 94 (2912 views)
Shortcut
My guess is Beorn [In reply to] Can't Post

Armitage is already to-scale with Freeman and the other dwarves. Given that Smaug is a completely CG creation (and can be made to whatever size for scaling purposes), there would be absolutely no need for a mini Thorin in scenes with Smaug.

Thorin standing next to a man that's supposed to be 10-feet tall, on the other hand..

(This post was edited by duats on Jul 26 2013, 6:43am)

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 26 2013, 6:48am

Post #40 of 94 (2885 views)
Shortcut
Yes, good point. [In reply to] Can't Post

They shouldn't really need a scale for Smaug (or for Beorn in bear form, for that matter), so HumanBeorn it is. And from the size of BearBeorn in the trailer the scale seems about right, assuming he's roughly the same mass in both bear and human form.

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dûm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Kili Son of Dis
The Shire

Jul 26 2013, 10:26am

Post #41 of 94 (2831 views)
Shortcut
But [In reply to] Can't Post

will be released on video vlog? Evil

"Many who live deserve death, and many of those that die deserve life. You are able to assess, Frodo? Do not be too eager to bestow death and judgment. Even the wisest do not know all the outcomes."

Skaan
Lorien

Jul 26 2013, 10:46am

Post #42 of 94 (2870 views)
Shortcut
Sorry if this has been posted somewhere and i simply didn't see it, [In reply to] Can't Post

But is there a place somewhere where i can see the full blog in order of the time it's posted? I'm not very experienced with Facebook myself so i find it a bit confusing to navigate. But i just want to make sure i haven't missed anything because the different updates seem to be all over the place (unless i'm just being stupidTongue).

Bexlin
Rivendell

Jul 26 2013, 10:57am

Post #43 of 94 (2854 views)
Shortcut
All done!! [In reply to] Can't Post

"The last shot.
Big monitors, main unit. Small screens bottom right, splinter.
We're neck and neck ... Shooting our final shots at the same time.
10.32 pm. 4 or 5 takes so far.
No, wait ... Done! While I was typing this, we shot more takes and finished! Richard was fantastic. Splinter almost done. Minutes away.
Smiles and happiness... And sadness. Yikes, very sad."https://www.facebook.com/PeterJacksonNZ

(This post was edited by Bexlin on Jul 26 2013, 10:58am)

Lissuin
Valinor

Jul 26 2013, 11:13am

Post #44 of 94 (2820 views)
Shortcut
11:10 p.m. - What must they be feeling right now? [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks for taking us along on the final wild ride, Mr. Jackson and Crew. Thanks for sharing it all.

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 26 2013, 11:17am

Post #45 of 94 (2781 views)
Shortcut
Just go to: [In reply to] Can't Post

https://www.facebook.com/...Z?hc_location=stream.

And scroll down. Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Starling
Half-elven

Jul 26 2013, 11:24am

Post #46 of 94 (2795 views)
Shortcut
I keep thinking there's going to be one more [In reply to] Can't Post

They don't seem quite finished to me.

Starling
Half-elven

Jul 26 2013, 11:27am

Post #47 of 94 (2782 views)
Shortcut
If you look at each photo / update he has posted, [In reply to] Can't Post

it will tell you at the top how long ago it was posted, so that will give you the order. You just need to check each side of the page as you scroll down, then you won't miss anything.

Pipe Dream
Gondor

Jul 26 2013, 11:36am

Post #48 of 94 (2772 views)
Shortcut
Needs TWO more! [In reply to] Can't Post

A goodbye to Thorin, and a goodnight from Mr Smudge.

"There is a long road yet," said Gandalf. "But it is the last road," said Bilbo.

Starling
Half-elven

Jul 26 2013, 11:46am

Post #49 of 94 (2752 views)
Shortcut
Mr Smudge will be getting grouchy, [In reply to] Can't Post

waiting for his Dadda to come home. I bet he is an expert in those feline dirty looks.

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 26 2013, 11:50am

Post #50 of 94 (2756 views)
Shortcut
Me too [In reply to] Can't Post

Seeing the appendices for LOTR. He kept on going with pick ups and adding more scenes.
I can't imagine PJ just going to edit both movies now and not wanting to add some scenes or something. Maybe all could be done digitally. But I have a feeling we might see another get together next year, to get some extra scenes done.
Also from what I read from actors (John Callen/Oin wrote a wonderful good bye yesterday to fans) they all see the entire period from March 2011 till now as one period. So this wouldn't be a pick up, just a late planned filming moment. Which could mean we could get an actual pick up next year.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.