Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
I have a confession to make....

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 23 2013, 4:44pm

Post #1 of 25 (361 views)
Shortcut
I have a confession to make.... Can't Post

I am....a leoBlush...Please have pity on me for my abject unconscionable personality ...quirks.Angelic

Is this a boithday mathom? . Well, it sorta could be maybe, or maybe sorta not. It isn't my boithday yet and if i do not come up with something betterer in the interim, then it will be precisely in the sorta is maybe department Crazy.
In any event, perhaps, such as it is, this post would at least (>)be in the sorta 'curious' department, ultimitelyUnimpressed

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
J.R.R. Tolkien

Lily Fairbairn
Half-elven

Jul 23 2013, 5:18pm

Post #2 of 25 (202 views)
Shortcut
A pre-emptive happy birthday to you! [In reply to] Can't Post

What's funny is that one of my granddaughters, and her mother, and my own mother are all Leos, and of the three, only the little girl comes close to the (admittedly joke) list you posted. Smile

Well, my mother is August 20, and she really is a Virgo born a few hours early.

I hope you have plans for a birthday, er, boithday, celebration that includes lots of cake and ice cream!

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 24 2013, 1:16pm

Post #3 of 25 (195 views)
Shortcut
What exit? [In reply to] Can't Post

HeartHappy boithday, Joisey pal!Heart

(Yeah, I know, nobody from Joisey says "Joisey".)Wink

"The tragedy of territorial geeks is that they found the wonderful world of fantasy, then missed its point."
-Luke McKinney

(This post was edited by Darkstone on Jul 24 2013, 1:17pm)

Rembrethil
Tol Eressea

Jul 24 2013, 2:22pm

Post #4 of 25 (168 views)
Shortcut
Yeah..... [In reply to] Can't Post

More of a NY thing....

On a side note, if you are from NJ, you know there are three separate areas: North Jersey, Central Jersey, or South Jersey. It never goes like this:

'Where are you from?'

'Oh, I'm from New Jersey',

No, it's one of the three 'sub-states'. You KNOW there is a difference if you've lived in NJ.

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 24 2013, 4:44pm

Post #5 of 25 (156 views)
Shortcut
Happy (almost) Lion Birthday! [In reply to] Can't Post

The first TORn Amateur Symposium starts this week in the Reading Room! Come and join in!

bborchar
Rohan

Jul 24 2013, 11:42pm

Post #6 of 25 (140 views)
Shortcut
My birthday was last week... [In reply to] Can't Post

...which makes me a cancer :) My birthday present was my daughter coming home after being gone a month on vacation. Worked for me :)

"I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?" ~ The Doctor

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 25 2013, 12:31am

Post #7 of 25 (132 views)
Shortcut
A birthday? And where is the cake? [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

Now there's an idea. Celebrate a birthday month! Presents every day! (You have to give them, though... Angelic)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Jul 25 2013, 4:14am

Post #8 of 25 (137 views)
Shortcut
Here it is: [In reply to] Can't Post

a lying (recumbent), lying (by the expression on his face), lion.

Happy Birthmonth!

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 26 2013, 1:07am

Post #9 of 25 (100 views)
Shortcut
Now that just takes the cake! [In reply to] Can't Post

Wink

Really, though - I'd hate to cut into one that nicely crafted! Smile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 26 2013, 2:18am

Post #10 of 25 (101 views)
Shortcut
Have you been at the gaffer's home brew? ;) [In reply to] Can't Post

While I'm not sure what I should do....

But you can never go wrong with Ice Cream and Cake all together :D

I hope you have an awesome day no matter WHAT'S going on!!

*massive hug*

4th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - May 1, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Jul 26 2013, 3:36am

Post #11 of 25 (96 views)
Shortcut
And I would let it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Although it looks more sheepish than lion-ish.Laugh

It is a work of art, like the kind Jazmine makes.Smile

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jul 26 2013, 6:35am

Post #12 of 25 (97 views)
Shortcut
Many happy returns of the day, whenever it is!// [In reply to] Can't Post

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - traveling through Middle Earth with thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 26 2013, 9:08am

Post #13 of 25 (101 views)
Shortcut
Happy Birthday! [In reply to] Can't Post

Hope you had/have a lovely day!

Smile

The first TORn Amateur Symposium starts this week in the Reading Room! Come and join in!

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 28 2013, 1:26am

Post #14 of 25 (69 views)
Shortcut
What joke list? [In reply to] Can't Post

Laugh This is serious scienceriffic stuff mind you.

No plans lilly. Just a quiet day for me hopefully:) when it arrives.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
J.R.R. Tolkien

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 28 2013, 1:30am

Post #15 of 25 (71 views)
Shortcut
Can't fool you can i:) [In reply to] Can't Post

Those down Hoboken way could come close though.

J.R.R. Tolkien

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 28 2013, 1:34am

Post #16 of 25 (70 views)
Shortcut
Truly! [In reply to] Can't Post

North Jersey is the place mind youWink.
Those pineys down in the barrens are bit queer i hear tell..*takes another pull on the ale in the Greendragon*

J.R.R. Tolkien

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 28 2013, 1:40am

Post #17 of 25 (70 views)
Shortcut
I'd rather not be [In reply to] Can't Post

the rabbit hobbit that pops out of that box.
Thank you Brethil. That picture is a curious find!

J.R.R. Tolkien

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 28 2013, 1:42am

Post #18 of 25 (67 views)
Shortcut
I can understand that [In reply to] Can't Post

completely dad. I am glad that day was so fine:)

J.R.R. Tolkien

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 28 2013, 1:49am

Post #19 of 25 (71 views)
Shortcut
The cake? [In reply to] Can't Post

If i know Soupy Sales, it is already stealthly airborn due to arrive on first distraction.
That is proper Hobbitcate. On'y everyone has to come over to get 'em. And ya gotta love boats if you get my meaningSly.

J.R.R. Tolkien

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 28 2013, 1:57am

Post #20 of 25 (75 views)
Shortcut
*blink*..... [In reply to] Can't Post

Angelic i never did say an untruthful opinion that sounded good that the time mind you. If you can figure out you come and tell me.Crazy

Thanks Ethel:)

J.R.R. Tolkien

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 28 2013, 2:08am

Post #21 of 25 (66 views)
Shortcut
Who.... [In reply to] Can't Post

me? You mean the barrel in the cellar that come in gallons?. I was just testing it a bit to see it proper and ready mind you gramma dear. Somebody has to take re-re-responsibill-bill-bility to do it *Foster Brooks mannerisms*

[[[Gigantic hug back]]] Thanks gramma

MMmmm that cake looks SO inviting!

J.R.R. Tolkien

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 28 2013, 2:16am

Post #22 of 25 (66 views)
Shortcut
Thank you Arandiel [In reply to] Can't Post

Whenever it is,Laugh guaranteed to happen twice every 366 days they say. Not good at this age neitherUnimpressedTongue

J.R.R. Tolkien

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 28 2013, 2:20am

Post #23 of 25 (70 views)
Shortcut
I am/shall. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks DanielSmile

J.R.R. Tolkien

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Jul 28 2013, 4:02am

Post #24 of 25 (68 views)
Shortcut
Um, um, um, [In reply to] Can't Post

Oh, just eat your cake (should have quite a bite!)AngelicEvilSmile

silneldor
Half-elven

Jul 28 2013, 11:06pm

Post #25 of 25 (82 views)
Shortcut
Ah mmm, Ah mmm! [In reply to] Can't Post

*chew, chew, shallow, clears throat* I am, i am!...got milk?
I am working on it as i..mumble. With the more behinder i started with the more headway i am getting to! Savvy?

Thank you Ethel for the cake. It is a gem, and so are you:)

J.R.R. Tolkien

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.