Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Walk to Rivendell and Beyond: There and Back Again Challenge!

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jul 26 2013, 6:20am

Views: 158
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell and Beyond: There and Back Again Challenge! Can't Post

It's another week, another opportunity to see how far TORn has come as we turn the miles we walk/swim/bike/run/dance/etc. into miles traveled in Middle Earth!

There and Back Again
Group Challenge Progress

Miles reported last week: 340.41
Cumulative miles: 16,248.32
Miles along the journey: 1588.9
Miles from Beorn's: 135.9

Our progress has accelerated again, as Bilbo and Gandalf said good-bye to Beorn and have continued on the journey. With only two of them to divvy up our mileage, we've made it all the way to the tunnel under the Misty Mountains. Not scenic, but we'll be to Rivendell before long, and that must surely be a cheering thought!

My progress:
Miles covered this week: 14
Cumulative miles: 687
Goal: There and Back Again!

It's been a busy week as I get ready for another family trip (two weeks in Oregon). I'm planning on taking my pedometer to see if I can keep my mileage up (you're right, Angharad73 - it's quite a motivator!). I found out today that the sore spot on my shin that I earned rafting last month is a bone bruise - sore to the touch but not an activity limiter, so that's a relief, especially as I'm trying to keep my mileage heading up or at least staying steady.

Beamer's progress:
Miles covered this week: 8*
Cumulative miles: 667
Goal: Group Challenge

*Beamer's mileage for this past week will go up, after she lets me know how much hiking she's done this week at camp!

Arandiel

The Scoop on the Walk
The TORn Walk to Rivendell thread meets right here on Main, on Thursdays.
Learn about TORn's There and Back Again Challenge

The Eowyn Challenge/Walk to Rivendell (and beyond) is a Middle-Earth-related fitness group that began in March 2003, and has been going on with walkers around the world ever since. TORn's Walk is open to all people and healthy types of activity. Please visit the Eowyn Challenge site, especially the main page and the Walk page, for more information. Useful links, including mileage charts compiled by the late Karen Wynn Fonstad, are on the Tools page.
grammaboodawg's awesome site for Bilbo's return mileages from the Lonely Mountain to Bag End, some helpful activity conversion charts, and the Walk to Rivendell's TORn-up Postcards
Notta's Super-Duper Walking-Equivalents Chart
Eowyn Challenge Login Page to register miles

If you use the Eowyn Challenge site to track your progress, please update your mileage via the login page, and be sure to keep a backup record, in case Warg attack, Wizard-induced blizzard, or other fell calamity causes the Shields page to crash.

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - traveling through Middle Earth with thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

Subject User Time
Walk to Rivendell and Beyond: There and Back Again Challenge! Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Jul 26 2013, 6:20am
    Erebor! Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 Jul 26 2013, 8:25am
        Congratulations! You have arrived :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 28 2013, 11:49am
    Have pedometer, will travel :) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 26 2013, 11:44am
    Miles are adding up FantasyFan Send a private message to FantasyFan Jul 26 2013, 3:58pm
        That's a strange place to take a rest ;) grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 28 2013, 11:56am
            More like Shelob's lair FantasyFan Send a private message to FantasyFan Jul 29 2013, 12:15am
    Since last we met... Joe-Mathews Send a private message to Joe-Mathews Jul 27 2013, 1:38am
        Wow! Wonderful, breath-taking pics! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 28 2013, 12:07pm
        Whoa Iolani Send a private message to Iolani Jul 28 2013, 3:27pm
    This (last) week... Iolani Send a private message to Iolani Jul 28 2013, 3:33pm
        HEY! It all counts :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 29 2013, 11:20pm
    yet another busy week... Lindenwyn Send a private message to Lindenwyn Jul 30 2013, 2:31am
        Sometimes it's a challenge just to do a challenge! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 30 2013, 9:57am
            Thanks, gramma! Lindenwyn Send a private message to Lindenwyn Jul 31 2013, 1:59pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.