Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Gaming & Collecting:
LOTRO Thread

thorinoakenshield
Rivendell

Jul 23 2013, 3:56pm

Post #1 of 10 (245 views)
Shortcut
LOTRO Thread Can't Post

This thread is for people to discuss "The Lord of the Rings Online". What upcoming expansion packs should there be? What race are you? What world are you in?

I'll go first -

Name: Thederas
World:Meneldor
Class: Lore Master
Level: 17

I have just recently started playing this game again. I had played it a year or so back, but I wasn't that into it, but know I am really Into it!

Olessan
Bree

Jul 24 2013, 8:30pm

Post #2 of 10 (142 views)
Shortcut
I'm on Imladris. [In reply to] Can't Post

My main is Anoriel(e -- added the E since the proper format name was taken), a Mirkwood elf Hunter who is now... 65, I think? I also have one alt, Garafon. He's a Lore-Master, currently between 12 and 20, and is an elf from Edhellond. I don't have a picture of Garafon yet but this is Ano.

I've been playing for eight or nine months now, after being persuaded by a couple of friends. I used to play every day but lately I've been too busy, however hopefully with summerfest started I might get back on track and play some more.
It's the first MMO I tried and I'm as impressed with it as you are, in practically every way -- it's really holding up well for its age!
As for expansion packs, I'm hoping after Helm's Deep drop at the end of the year, the next one we'll get in 2014 will be somewhere around Gondor. It's probably not going to happen yet though since they might go out in the direction of Bilbo's adventure to take advantage of the popularity of the films. Still, gotta hope. :D

I only just got Riders of Rohan in the 50% off sale last month but I've been to the region and it is beautiful. One can really see the difference in quality as they proceed through the levels and associated areas.

thorinoakenshield
Rivendell

Jul 24 2013, 10:53pm

Post #3 of 10 (148 views)
Shortcut
I agree that a Gondor expansion would be really cool! [In reply to] Can't Post

Although an Erebor expansion would be awesome. You could probably go to Dale, and Lake Town, and maybe even Thranduil's Halls in Northern Mirkwood.

Olessan
Bree

Jul 24 2013, 11:49pm

Post #4 of 10 (144 views)
Shortcut
I think that's probably the case, [In reply to] Can't Post

Seeing as they introduced those raids with RoR that are in that region. I know Fires of Smaug is actually in Erebor itself.
Ah, to visit the Long Lake and northern Mirkwood!
I reckon we have an about equal chance of getting either at this point (or both!). :D

13thHour
Rivendell

Jul 25 2013, 8:07am

Post #5 of 10 (175 views)
Shortcut
The Sibs of TORn [In reply to] Can't Post

Once upon a time, we had an official TORn kinship on lotro, on the Landroval server. It was appropriately named "The Sibs of TORn". I have no idea if it is still active or not.

I took about a year off from lotro, but now I'm back.

Here is my main toon, still on Landroval:

Name: Lobolan
Race: Elf from Mirkwood
Class: Hunter
Level: 75

I also have a few hobbits and a dwarf that I play regularly, ranging in levels from 17 up to the mid-50s or so.

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Getting fit for Dragon*Con

(This post was edited by 13thHour on Jul 25 2013, 8:07am)

acheron
Gondor

Jul 25 2013, 8:45pm

Post #6 of 10 (145 views)
Shortcut
ah, I remember when I had time for that [In reply to] Can't Post

Good times. Glad you're still playing and having fun with Lobolan!

For instance, on the planet Earth, man had always assumed that he was more intelligent than dolphins because he had achieved so much -- the wheel, New York, wars, and so on -- while all the dolphins had ever done was muck about in the water having a good time. But conversely, the dolphins had always believed that they were far more intelligent than man, for precisely the same reasons. -- Douglas Adams

Donry
Tol Eressea

Jul 25 2013, 10:36pm

Post #7 of 10 (138 views)
Shortcut
I think... [In reply to] Can't Post

the Sibs of Torn house is still available on Landroval...I haven't played LOTRO in quite some time, so I don't know if anyone has been keeping up the payments on the house or not.....
All my toons are on Landroval....I have been thinking about getting back on, but time has been non-existent the last year.

What's the matter, James? No glib remark? No pithy comeback?"

www.onesecondleft.com
@RDon1secleft
http://donryfetor.blogspot.com/
@DonryFetor

13thHour
Rivendell

Jul 28 2013, 12:08pm

Post #8 of 10 (140 views)
Shortcut
still adventuring... [In reply to] Can't Post

I really don't play Lobolan that much these days. He's at the point where he's started doing the mounted combat stuff, and it seems really complicated and I just don't wanna fool with it.

I've really been enjoying my two hobbits though. One is a burglar, and one is a minstrel, and I really love the minstrel gameplay. It's so unique to anything I've played inother mmo's.
I also have a dwarf guardian that is fun, but I wish there was a better selection of beards to choose from. There's really only one good one, imo.

Anyway, like I said, I'm still on Landroval if anyone is up for adventuring. I'm playing WoW again too, though, so my lotro time is split with time in Azeroth, neither of which I really have time for.

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Getting fit for Dragon*Con

Lightfoot
Rivendell

Aug 2 2013, 12:31pm

Post #9 of 10 (110 views)
Shortcut
Meet Gothimel of Lindon! [In reply to] Can't Post

I am on Vilya but don't play often.
Level 56 Lore Master.
female elf and member of the undisputed heroes

Faithful servant yet master's bane,
Lightfoot's foal, swift Snowmane

Lightfoot
Rivendell

Aug 2 2013, 12:31pm

Post #10 of 10 (122 views)
Shortcut
I am now in the Shire! [In reply to] Can't Post

Cool

Faithful servant yet master's bane,
Lightfoot's foal, swift Snowmane

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.