Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
What the...?

angelclaw
Bree

Jul 25 2013, 3:26am

Post #1 of 10 (238 views)
Shortcut
What the...? Can't Post

So one facet of my day job is searching for promotional products, i.e. trade show giveaways that can be imprinted with a company logo or whatever, and today while searching for 22oz. tumblers for a particular client I came across this:

http://www.bulletline.com/...SM-6670#.UfCXwtLVCSo

And proceeded to laugh myself into a stupor. Whoever named this thing is my new hero... however I can't help but wonder what in the world a promotional item for tasty beverages (hot or cold!) has to do with the Dark Lord... and whether they'll eventually get sued for using his name Laugh

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Jul 25 2013, 4:07am

Post #2 of 10 (130 views)
Shortcut
He'll need more than a single wall [In reply to] Can't Post

Sly

(And yes, let the lawsuits begin. I gotta order mine before they're off the market!Wink)

Thanks for a good laugh at the end of the day!

Ataahua
Superuser / Moderator

Jul 25 2013, 4:33am

Post #3 of 10 (142 views)
Shortcut
Reminds me of a stand-up comedian's bit [In reply to] Can't Post

on how it is impossible for men to look tough if they are downing their drinks through straws. And I'm imagining Sauron sipping on a straw while overseeing his orc minions. Laugh

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauronís master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Jul 25 2013, 4:07pm

Post #4 of 10 (88 views)
Shortcut
Perhaps while sitting on a lounge chair on the beach of the Sea of Nurnen? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nurn, Nurnen... I can't remember..

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 25 2013, 4:12pm

Post #5 of 10 (87 views)
Shortcut
How come we never get spam like this? [In reply to] Can't Post

No we get kitchens and bikinis. Not anything useful like Sauron sippy cups.

Surprise is that they come in any other color but black, light black and dark black.

The first TORn Amateur Symposium starts this week in the Reading Room! Come and join in!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 25 2013, 5:01pm

Post #6 of 10 (75 views)
Shortcut
Bwahahaha! I want one in RED! // [In reply to] Can't Post

4th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - May 1, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

bborchar
Rohan

Jul 25 2013, 5:59pm

Post #7 of 10 (69 views)
Shortcut
I want to get my son a sippy cup... [In reply to] Can't Post

...that says "Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All".

Bonus points to anyone that gets why :)

"I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?" ~ The Doctor

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 25 2013, 6:06pm

Post #8 of 10 (68 views)
Shortcut
Doctor Who ;-) [In reply to] Can't Post

Though I'm not much of a fan of that particular episode. Angelic

The first TORn Amateur Symposium starts this week in the Reading Room! Come and join in!

bborchar
Rohan

Jul 25 2013, 6:11pm

Post #9 of 10 (67 views)
Shortcut
Neither am I... [In reply to] Can't Post

...but I would still love to give my son a sippy cup with that on it XD

"I'm the Doctor. I'm a Time Lord. I'm from the planet Gallifrey in the Constellation of Kasterborous. I'm 903 years old and I'm the man who is gonna save your lives and all 6 billion people on the planet below. You got a problem with that?" ~ The Doctor

angelclaw
Bree

Jul 26 2013, 2:13am

Post #10 of 10 (45 views)
Shortcut
Hmm, I just might be able to make that happen... [In reply to] Can't Post

The minimum order for these is slightly more than a gross, but I can order "spec samples" where you pay a $25 setup fee + shipping for them to put the imprint of your choice on one cup, ostensibly to demo it to prospective clients... Angelic

What these really need is a little red eyeball on the straw!

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.