Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
SCOD: “Westu Aragorn hál!”

FaramirAndEowynMorningStar
Rohan

Jul 24 2013, 8:31pm

Views: 522
Shortcut
SCOD: “Westu Aragorn hál!” Can't Post

Mae Govannen, my friends, to another Screencap Of The Day.
Here is the image;

This picture is when Éowyn gives Aragorn the chalice of wine in Edoras.

You can find the full-sized image here.

As always, feel free to answer any, some, or all the questions.

1) What do you think of the overall layout of this image?

2) Do you think the film makers are trying to convey the idea of a union between Rohan and Gondor? How well do you think they achieved this?

3) Éowyn is obviously in love with Aragorn, and I think in this scene, when he walks away from her, it is in the back of his mind that he has yet to tell her he loves Arwen.
a] Why do you think that Aragorn has not told her anything except when she asked him about the Evenstar [in The Two Towers]?
b] Do you think Aragorn is considering the possibility of Éowyn instead of Arwen, since he [and the audience] know Arwen is making her way to the Havens?

4) Do you think they would make a nice couple?

5) Any other thoughts/comments?

Bonus Question: For those who have seen The Two Towers Extended Edition version, we have seen Éowyn offer Aragorn the stew she made (which he did not like, but told her it tasted alright so that he was not hurting her feelings).
Every time I see her approach Aragorn with the goblet of wine, I keep wondering whether in the back of his mind Aragorn was thinking “Oh no, what has she got this time? Whatever it is, I hope it doesn’t taste like that stew she made!”
Can you relate these two scenes to each other?

....."Loyalty, Honor,
......A Willing Heart.
I can ask no more than that."

.... ~ Thorin Oakenshield

Subject User Time
SCOD: “Westu Aragorn hál!” FaramirAndEowynMorningStar Send a private message to FaramirAndEowynMorningStar Jul 24 2013, 8:31pm
    they were prpbably inspired by this painting Elenorflower Send a private message to Elenorflower Jul 25 2013, 10:52am
    If you thought her stew was disgusting.... Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jul 25 2013, 7:19pm
    Awkward.... batik Send a private message to batik Jul 27 2013, 6:32pm
    hink they were going for this Barrow-Wight Send a private message to Barrow-Wight Jul 27 2013, 10:51pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.