First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 24 2013, 3:09am

Post #1 of 39 (1246 views)
Shortcut
Spam, spam, spam, bikini and spam. Can't Post

Here you go!

The first TORn Amateur Symposium starts this week in the Reading Room! Come and join in!

(This post was edited by Ataahua on Jul 24 2013, 3:33am)

Starling
Half-elven

Jul 24 2013, 3:17am

Post #2 of 39 (1088 views)
Shortcut
Oh wow, I cannot wait to hit the beach [In reply to] Can't Post

Wearing my favorite Best Women Bikini!!!
Laugh

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 24 2013, 3:32am

Post #3 of 39 (1090 views)
Shortcut
Thanks to Dweller in Dale, [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll never look at the troll scene in the same way again.

The spam, 'tis gone.

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

DwellerInDale
Rohan

Jul 24 2013, 3:35am

Post #4 of 39 (1089 views)
Shortcut
Aw, shucks! [In reply to] Can't Post

And I had my credit card all ready! Operators were standing by!

Don't mess with my favorite female elf.

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 24 2013, 3:40am

Post #5 of 39 (1056 views)
Shortcut
Thanks Ataahua..the spam 'tis gone, yet I miss it already...// [In reply to] Can't Post

The first TORn Amateur Symposium starts this week in the Reading Room! Come and join in!

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 24 2013, 3:44am

Post #6 of 39 (1075 views)
Shortcut
No worries Dweller - you will be getting on of our special TAS swimsuits [In reply to] Can't Post

Speedo or bikini. Your choice. TAS don't judge. (Its a lovely pattern of Books, Quills and Spam labels.) Wink

Starling
Half-elven

Jul 24 2013, 3:49am

Post #7 of 39 (1062 views)
Shortcut
Ah, it was but a fleeting moment [In reply to] Can't Post

I was so hoping to see those trolls in their fashionable bikinis, possibly in a becoming shade of pink. It will just have to remain a dream. Frown

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2013, 10:07am

Post #8 of 39 (1065 views)
Shortcut
Are we sure it wasn't ... [In reply to] Can't Post

Sil trying to sell us his bathing suit again? He HAS been rather quiet recently ....

Starling
Half-elven

Jul 24 2013, 10:40am

Post #9 of 39 (1052 views)
Shortcut
It seemed a strangely familiar scenario [In reply to] Can't Post

I think you are onto something...

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 24 2013, 11:31am

Post #10 of 39 (1047 views)
Shortcut
I say he is guilty until proven innocent! ;-) / [In reply to] Can't Post

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 24 2013, 2:38pm

Post #11 of 39 (1089 views)
Shortcut
The spam, micro bikini, and spam doesn't have much spam on it. [In reply to] Can't Post

Nor much else.

"The tragedy of territorial geeks is that they found the wonderful world of fantasy, then missed its point."
-Luke McKinney

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 24 2013, 4:00pm

Post #12 of 39 (1035 views)
Shortcut
(*squinting*) Ah, yes - strategically placed Spam slices [In reply to] Can't Post

And if you sun for too long it becomes the Canadian-bacon Wardrobe-malfunction Micro Bikini. I'm sure its quite tasty though.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jul 24 2013, 7:20pm

Post #13 of 39 (1027 views)
Shortcut
*mods this whole thread up* // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"For DORA BAGGINS in memory of a LONG correspondence, with love from Bilbo; on a large wastebasket. Dora was Drogo's sister, and the eldest surviving female relative of Bilbo and Frodo; she was ninety-nine, and had written reams of good advice for more than half a century."
"A Chance Meeting at Rivendell" and other stories

leleni at hotmail dot com

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 25 2013, 12:38am

Post #14 of 39 (1038 views)
Shortcut
Yes, this was so fun I might start posting spam myself. ;-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

(This post was edited by Brethil on Jul 25 2013, 12:39am)

silneldor
Half-elven

Aug 1 2013, 10:38pm

Post #15 of 39 (977 views)
Shortcut
Was that on whole wheat or what?\\ [In reply to] Can't Post

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
— J.R.R. Tolkien

Brethil
Half-elven

Aug 1 2013, 10:56pm

Post #16 of 39 (982 views)
Shortcut
Mmmm...whole wheat with lettuce, pickles and suntan lotion. Yum! ;-) // [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

Darkstone
Immortal

Aug 2 2013, 1:50am

Post #17 of 39 (968 views)
Shortcut
Or on white bread with mayonaisse and Cheetos! [In reply to] Can't Post

Yes, you put the Cheetos between the slices of bread. Crunchy sandwich!

The audacious proposal stirred his heart. And the stirring became a song, and it mingled with the songs of Gil-galad and Celebrian, and with those of Feanor and Fingon. The song-weaving created a larger song, and then another, until suddenly it was as if a long forgotten memory woke and for one breathtaking moment the Music of the Ainur revealed itself in all glory. He opened his lips to sing and share this song. Then he realized that the others would not understand. Not even Mithrandir given his current state of mind. So he smiled and simply said "A diversion.”

Brethil
Half-elven

Aug 2 2013, 2:14am

Post #18 of 39 (946 views)
Shortcut
So good! - I like Cheetos on turkey sandwiches...// [In reply to] Can't Post

Is there a Tolkien topic that you have wanted to look into more deeply, and write about your thoughts on it? If so, we'd like to hear from you for the next TORn Amateur Symposium- coming in November. Happy writing!

silneldor
Half-elven

Aug 2 2013, 3:12am

Post #19 of 39 (984 views)
Shortcut
With the appetizer: Radagast's birds nest soup of course..... [In reply to] Can't Post

UnimpressedUnimpressedUnimpressedTongue

The son out of desperation due to hunger late in the day at school once, for a pre-cross-country race 'meal' last year, had a bunch of Cheetos and actually had a stellar race. Wonders never cease.

''Sam put his ragged orc-cloak under his master's head, and covered them both with the grey robe of Lorien; and as he did so his thoughts went out to that fair land, and to the Elves, and he hoped that the cloth woven by their hands might have some virtue to keep them hidden beyond all hope in this wilderness of fear...But their luck held, and for the rest of that day they met no living or moving thing; and when night fell they vanished into the darkess of Mordor.'' - - -rotk, chapter III

Faerie contains many things besides elves and fays and besides dwarfs, witches, trolls, giants or dragons; it holds the seas, the sun, the moon, the sky; and the earth, and all things that are one in it: tree and bird, water and stone, wine and bread, and ourselves, mortal men, when we are enchanted."
— J.R.R. Tolkien

NottaSackville
Valinor

Aug 2 2013, 4:32pm

Post #20 of 39 (943 views)
Shortcut
There's absolutely no reason to use whole wheat for a spam sandwich [In reply to] Can't Post

By going with spam, you've already thrown the health food idea out the window.

Notta

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 2 2013, 5:03pm

Post #21 of 39 (938 views)
Shortcut
There are some sandwiches that just scream for decent white soft bread [In reply to] Can't Post

Peanut Butter sandwiches dunked in chocolate milk

Braunschweiger and potato chip sandwiches

yum - stuff of my childhood. :-)

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

Brethil
Half-elven

Aug 2 2013, 5:38pm

Post #22 of 39 (936 views)
Shortcut
Some tasty nostaligia there Magpie! [In reply to] Can't Post

(sigh) I am not sure when the last time I had white bread was! Has to be measured in years I think!!!!! My son loves the country white. I go by saying lalalalala and pretend not to see the package. The recent favorite is peanut butter and nutella (which I will splurge on at times and have on one slice of wheat. Yummy.)

Childhood fave for me was German bologna, mayo on Wonder bread. Sweet pickles on the side (potato chips in the pickle juice.)

Magpie
Immortal

Aug 2 2013, 5:57pm

Post #23 of 39 (945 views)
Shortcut
my fully grown son [In reply to] Can't Post

prefers 'potato bread' which is really just plain old, what we used to call 'balloon bread,' with a tidge more taste to it. So when the craving for quick, mood-altering food, strikes me... I have some at hand.

I only buy Braunschweiger when I'm shopping really hungry. I want to eat and I want to eat now and somehow that Braunschweiger (or liverwurst) just calls out to me. I can't wait to get home and make a sandwich of it.

I took to putting chips on sandwiches (back when balloon bread was all any mother bought) to keep the bread from sticking to the roof of my mouth so bad.

And I just want to say that not all potato bread is balloon bread. We used to buy the most scrumptious potato bread at Sarkosy Bakery in Kalamazoo.

LOTR soundtrack website ~ magpie avatar gallery
TORn History Mathom-house ~ Torn Image Posting Guide

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Aug 2 2013, 7:12pm

Post #24 of 39 (950 views)
Shortcut
Spam fried crunchy with applesauce [In reply to] Can't Post

.... Brady Bunch flashback.... Peter ... pork chops and applesauce...

Fourth Age Adventures at the Inn of the Burping Troll http://burpingtroll.com

Brethil
Half-elven

Aug 3 2013, 12:03am

Post #25 of 39 (916 views)
Shortcut
I remember that episode. After-school tv! // [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
.... Brady Bunch flashback.... Peter ... pork chops and applesauce...

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.