The BIG Question?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Snaga
Lorien

Jul 19 2013, 10:33pm

Post #26 of 31 (260 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure it will be at the end of DoS [In reply to] Can't Post

It would feel like cheating if they pull out the dragon in the next film and not let us see him die.Wink

By the way this is my first post in a long time. I stopped coming here a couple months before AUJ came out to avoid the hype and such. I've mainly survived on the RSS feed from the main page. Comic-Con made me want to start poking my nose in and see how the anticipation was building from DOS.

Fun times. Reminds me of the old site in the months leading up to Return of the King.

"Alas for Boromir! It was too sore a trial!"

-Faramir

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Jul 20 2013, 1:40am

Post #27 of 31 (266 views)
Shortcut
I suggest a compromise. [In reply to] Can't Post

Personally, I'd rather have Smaug fly off to go attack Laketown at the end of DOS so we'd all have a reason to go see TABA (because some of us, me included, would rather be in denial about that whole thing Unsure).

However, it DOES make a lot of sense that we need some sort of huge climax at the end of DOS. So, I suggest this compromise:

Smaug WILL attack Laketown. He will burn it, and Bard will shoot him. Smaug will roar, scream, thrash, whatever, and fall upon Laketown or in the water (whichever they choose to go with, possibly both, as he probably crunches Laketown into the lakebed). The movie ends. We don't know if he's dead or not (though we can guess), we don't know if Bard is still alive or not, and we have no idea what happened to anyone else.

A viable compromise, or sheer nonsense?

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 20 2013, 2:25am

Post #28 of 31 (253 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! Thumbs UP! [In reply to] Can't Post

We are in Denial about this...
Bomby

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Jul 20 2013, 2:31am)

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Jul 20 2013, 5:22pm

Post #29 of 31 (197 views)
Shortcut
Thank you! [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe us TORnites (is it TORnites or TORnadoes? I like both) who are in denial about TABA need to form a sort of Denial Club where we can pretend everything ends happily ever after.

What would be really awesome is if WETA released in one of their last Middle-earth books some concept art for scenes showing 'what if' in regards to a coronation for Thorin, older Fili and Kili, etc. Wishful thinking, I know, but I would love to see what WETA would have done if that had all happened. Whatever they would have come up with would have been lovely, I'm sure.

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

MomoftheShire
Rivendell

Jul 20 2013, 11:57pm

Post #30 of 31 (171 views)
Shortcut
Denial for me! [In reply to] Can't Post

Bringing a HUGE box of Kleenex to TABA! LOVE the fanfics where some/all of them live!

Cirashala
Valinor

Jul 20 2013, 11:57pm

Post #31 of 31 (196 views)
Shortcut
what ifs [In reply to] Can't Post

That is a splendid idea!

Unfortunately, we may simply end up stuck with deviantart instead (although there are some fantastic artists on there!) Frown

Maybe someone on here who is artistically gifted can do one! I can draw pretty passably, but nowhere near well enough to match the likes of John Howe and Alan Lee!

Half Elven Daughter of Celethian of the Woodland Realm

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.