Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Why don't start with a boom in TABA?

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Rohan

Jul 20 2013, 10:50am

Views: 663
Shortcut
Why don't start with a boom in TABA? [In reply to] Can't Post

First of all ist Smaugs death not the climax, the BofA is the climax. Smaugs death is the impact for all that happens later.

Second, wouldn't it be great to have two great and big moments in one movie? One at the beginning and one at the end of it? Not all movies have to be the same.

I asked this question in another thread before: What if Smaug dies in DOS? What will you tell your UNAWARE friends? Why should they go to the third movie? The dragon is dead, the Dwarves are in the mountain again. What's left for them? You would propably say: Well there's a huge battle, a lot of politics and Bilbo goes home. A three-hour movie about a battle, politics and a Hobbit coming home? For most of them the story will be finished with Smaugs death.

We've already enough stuff for DOS from the book:
Beorn, Mirkwood (including spider attack), Woodland Realm, Barrel escape, Lake Town, Erebor, Bilbo meets Smaug

And we've new stuff from PJ & Co:
High Fells/Nazgūl tombs, Thrain backstory, Dol Guldur, Elven subplot, Orc attack during Barrel escape, Orcs and Elves fighting in Lake Town, more stuff about Bard and the Master, perhaps even Smaugs or the Necromancers backstory and the new confrontation between Smaug and the Dwarves

There is so much going on before we meet Smaug for the first time. I don't want him to appear for only 10mins before he dies. He deserves more. So why don't start with a boom in TABA?

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

(This post was edited by Lieutenant of Dol Guldur on Jul 20 2013, 10:51am)

Subject User Time
Benedict Cumberbatch's little new Smaug snippet from the L.A. Times Oleander Took Send a private message to Oleander Took Jul 20 2013, 1:34am
    well by the sound of it they've obviously expanded Smaug's role MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jul 20 2013, 4:21am
        Sauron Gandy Send a private message to Gandy Jul 20 2013, 6:33am
            there was no balrog around for sauron to possess in LOTR's MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jul 20 2013, 4:44pm
        That would be the end of Peter Jackson Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Jul 20 2013, 8:44am
            I can't imagine them *spoilers* Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Jul 20 2013, 10:31am
                Why don't start with a boom in TABA? Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Jul 20 2013, 10:50am
                    As i said... Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Jul 20 2013, 11:18am
                wrong aarondirebear Send a private message to aarondirebear Jul 26 2013, 2:09pm
                    No. Estel78 Send a private message to Estel78 Jul 26 2013, 2:34pm
                        um aarondirebear Send a private message to aarondirebear Jul 31 2013, 4:40pm
        A dragon possessed by a minor god/fallen angel Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Jul 21 2013, 12:21am
    You realize... flameofudun Send a private message to flameofudun Jul 20 2013, 10:14am
    I am sensing a big clash with Smaug at the end of DoS but his death held back for TABA sycorax82 Send a private message to sycorax82 Jul 20 2013, 3:25pm
    My Guess IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Jul 20 2013, 7:38pm
        This is my guess as well Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Jul 20 2013, 8:12pm
        action Gandy Send a private message to Gandy Jul 20 2013, 8:19pm
            i'm not sure the Laketown attack will be postponed to TABA MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jul 20 2013, 11:08pm
    That was a fun video Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Jul 21 2013, 12:27am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.