Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Walk to Rivendell and Beyond: There and Back Again Challenge!

Arandiel
Grey Havens

Jul 20 2013, 3:30am

Views: 145
Shortcut
Walk to Rivendell and Beyond: There and Back Again Challenge! Can't Post

It's the late edition of the Walk to Rivendell this week as I recover from the exhausting, fun and meaningful experience of leading the older Girl Scouts at Day Camp this past week. How go your travels this week? Where in Middle Earth have they brought you?

There and Back Again
Group Challenge Progress

Miles reported last week: 222.56
Cumulative miles: 15,907.91
Miles along the journey: 1418.69
Miles out of the Lonely Mountain: 451.69

We're on a clear path in the last stretch to Beorn's house. We're picking up some... interesting... travel companions as we get closer to Beorn's. Wink

My progress:
Miles covered this week: 12
Cumulative miles: 673
Goal: There and Back Again!

Well, I've finally made it to Mirkwood (yippee...) and Beamer's not far behind me. On a positive note, I used a pedometer this week to track my walking distance at Day Camp and was pleasantly surprised to see how far I went in a day, just walking around doing my camp job. The weather was hot with afternoon storms blowing through. We didn't have to evacuate camp (thankfully!) but we did have to move the girls to a small picnic pavilion a couple times right before camp was done for the day to keep them out of the wind and somewhat protected from lightning.

Beamer's progress:
Miles covered this week: 12
Cumulative miles: 659
Goal: Group Challenge

Beamer had fun and did well her first week as an older Girl Scout helping lead the younger ones at Day Camp. But she's completely wiped out after a week of working hard in the heat, so I sent her to bed and I hope she sleeps in tomorrow!

Arandiel

The Scoop on the Walk
The TORn Walk to Rivendell thread meets right here on Main, on Thursdays.
Learn about TORn's There and Back Again Challenge

The Eowyn Challenge/Walk to Rivendell (and beyond) is a Middle-Earth-related fitness group that began in March 2003, and has been going on with walkers around the world ever since. TORn's Walk is open to all people and healthy types of activity. Please visit the Eowyn Challenge site, especially the main page and the Walk page, for more information. Useful links, including mileage charts compiled by the late Karen Wynn Fonstad, are on the Tools page.
grammaboodawg's awesome site for Bilbo's return mileages from the Lonely Mountain to Bag End, some helpful activity conversion charts, and the Walk to Rivendell's TORn-up Postcards
Notta's Super-Duper Walking-Equivalents Chart
Eowyn Challenge Login Page to register miles

If you use the Eowyn Challenge site to track your progress, please update your mileage via the login page, and be sure to keep a backup record, in case Warg attack, Wizard-induced blizzard, or other fell calamity causes the Shields page to crash.

Walk to Rivendell: There and Back Again Challenge - traveling through Middle Earth with thirteen rowdy Dwarves, one grumpy Wizard, and a beleaguered Hobbit

Join us, Thursdays on Main!

Subject User Time
Walk to Rivendell and Beyond: There and Back Again Challenge! Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Jul 20 2013, 3:30am
    A very busy week... Angharad73 Send a private message to Angharad73 Jul 20 2013, 7:26am
        Swimming sure does count Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Jul 21 2013, 5:06am
        That kind of walking is great grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 25 2013, 2:29pm
    7 long weeks later... Delrond Send a private message to Delrond Jul 20 2013, 8:14pm
        What a journey! Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Jul 21 2013, 5:10am
        Wow! You have been busy!! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 25 2013, 2:32pm
    On time this time... Iolani Send a private message to Iolani Jul 21 2013, 12:24pm
        Well done! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 25 2013, 2:33pm
            Yep Iolani Send a private message to Iolani Jul 26 2013, 4:40pm
    Busy here too... Lindenwyn Send a private message to Lindenwyn Jul 22 2013, 4:45pm
        Those pictures are beautiful Arandiel Send a private message to Arandiel Jul 22 2013, 5:38pm
            Thanks! Lindenwyn Send a private message to Lindenwyn Jul 23 2013, 4:02pm
        Nice pictures, Lindenwyn! Joe-Mathews Send a private message to Joe-Mathews Jul 24 2013, 9:03pm
            very cool, Joe! Lindenwyn Send a private message to Lindenwyn Jul 29 2013, 8:40pm
        You got a dog!? :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 25 2013, 2:35pm
            yes I did! Lindenwyn Send a private message to Lindenwyn Jul 29 2013, 8:52pm
        Wow! Iolani Send a private message to Iolani Jul 26 2013, 4:39pm
            Thanks! Lindenwyn Send a private message to Lindenwyn Jul 29 2013, 8:54pm
                Actually, Illinois Joe-Mathews Send a private message to Joe-Mathews Jul 30 2013, 2:07am
                    oh wait... Lindenwyn Send a private message to Lindenwyn Jul 30 2013, 2:39am
    Wups! Almost didn't make it!! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 25 2013, 2:28pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.