Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Reading Order

ekrosell

Jul 18 2013, 8:52pm

Views: 380
Shortcut
Reading Order Can't Post

Hey friends! :-) ...I confess that I am very much a novice here; I hope that I've posted this in the right category!

I'm hoping for some help from those who are familiar with Tolkien's posthumous books... That is to say, I need to know what order I should read them in. I've only read and reread The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings so far. I'd really like to read all the rest though... I purchased the following:

The Silmarillion,
Unfinished Tales,
Tales from the Perilous Realm
The Children of Hurin

Do I have all the stories I need or am I missing something? Because I heard that some were republished and added to other books; now I'm confused. Do you guys know what order I should read/buy them in?

Thanks in advance! :-)

Subject User Time
Reading Order ekrosell Send a private message to ekrosell Jul 18 2013, 8:52pm
    Some thoughts Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Jul 18 2013, 9:30pm
        Thank you! ekrosell Send a private message to ekrosell Jul 18 2013, 10:43pm
            No problem. Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Jul 18 2013, 11:14pm
            There is nothing to apologise for! Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Jul 19 2013, 12:35am
    Welcome Ekrosell! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jul 19 2013, 2:52am
    Hi Ekrosell elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jul 20 2013, 2:20pm
        I like mine with ranch dressing please - for dipping. (Unless they are chocolate) Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jul 20 2013, 3:42pm
            Behave yourself... elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jul 20 2013, 3:50pm
                I thought I WAS behaving...!!!! (it could be much worse you know)- as for our Dragon... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jul 20 2013, 4:08pm
                Always fealoki Send a private message to fealoki Jul 20 2013, 4:50pm
                    Silly dragon CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jul 20 2013, 5:26pm
                        Dorwinion fealoki Send a private message to fealoki Jul 20 2013, 5:38pm
                    Good Evening Fealoki elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jul 20 2013, 6:55pm
                        Most excellent fealoki Send a private message to fealoki Jul 20 2013, 8:31pm
                            Wishing you excellent luck and fun Fealoki! // Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jul 21 2013, 2:23am
    In case you're interested ... Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Jul 20 2013, 5:20pm
    I really don't thnk that the reading order matters much... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jul 20 2013, 6:20pm
    reading order Dirhaval Send a private message to Dirhaval Jul 21 2013, 5:08am
    What it really comes down to One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer Jul 22 2013, 9:45pm
    recommendations elostirion74 Send a private message to elostirion74 Jul 28 2013, 2:09pm
    Reading sam90 Send a private message to sam90 Jul 28 2013, 7:23pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.