Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: TORn Moots and Other Events:
Is TORn going to have a presence at this years DragonCon in Atlanta?

elf_wannabee
Lorien

Jul 18 2013, 1:11am

Post #1 of 6 (437 views)
Shortcut
Is TORn going to have a presence at this years DragonCon in Atlanta? Can't Post

I'm going to my first Con in several years. Last one was a Trek convention in San Francisco in 1977. What should i expect at DragonCon and any tips for an almost newby at a Con? I'm really jealous of you TORnsibs that went to the San Diego ComicCon when the Lord of the Rings was a hot commodity as well as The Hobbit! Also how early should i get in line for any Tolkien-based panels to ensure getting a seat?

entmaiden
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 18 2013, 2:33am

Post #2 of 6 (348 views)
Shortcut
Absolutely! [In reply to] Can't Post

Most of the folks who attend Dragon Con are in San Diego at Comic Con right now, and they will have more details, but TORN is a definite presence at Dragon Con. Hope you get to connect with them! We have a table, and deej helps run the Tolkien Track, and greendragon often sings with Emerald Rose. There's a huge TORN presence so you will definitely get a chance to hang out with them.

Fredeghar Wayfarer
Lorien

Jul 18 2013, 3:39am

Post #3 of 6 (351 views)
Shortcut
DragonCon rocks [In reply to] Can't Post

If you have never been to DragonCon, what you should expect is a non-stop costume party for several days. There are a lot of great panels and guests but the main draw at Dragon (for me at least) is the amazing costumes and wandering around the various hotels, people-watching.

In terms of stuff for LOTR fans, there is a Tolkien-themed track of panels and there is usually a fan meetup called An Evening in Bree where all the Middle-earth cosplayers gather and they have games and live music.

Tips: Arrive early if you can so you miss the crowds checking into the hotel (unless you are staying somewhere offsite). Be aware that the con is spread across several hotels so you may have to take skybridges or (*gasp*) go outside in the Atlanta sun to get to a destination. Also, you will learn the phrase "Down to go up" when using the elevators, as one often has to ride them the other direction first due to so many people using them.

It's a really great con. I hope you have a good time! I will be there dressed as Bilbo (among other things).

Taliesin
The Shire

Jul 18 2013, 9:38pm

Post #4 of 6 (358 views)
Shortcut
YES! [In reply to] Can't Post

Every year TORn is at DragonCon and this year is no exception, especially with DoS coming out this year! For the panels you might want to line up an hour or 90 minutes before the start of the panel as they fill up quickly because of the awesome information and cool panelists. Wink
Hope to see you at some of the events Elf_wannabee!

If I may plug something for a moment...if you want good DCon information, check out the ESO podcast all about DragonCon.

(mods, feel free to move, edit or delete as needed)

13thHour
Rivendell

Jul 25 2013, 7:52am

Post #5 of 6 (396 views)
Shortcut
D*C 2013 [In reply to] Can't Post

I always make it a point to stop by the TORn booth and pick up a shirt or something, like $25 gift cards to Sideshow Collectibles.

If you plan on attending "An Evening in Bree", I suggest getting there very early. My friends and I have tried to go the last two years, but haven't gotten in because the room was full.

The world is changed. I feel it in the water. I feel it in the earth. I smell it in the air. Much that once was is lost, for none now live who remember it.

Getting fit for Dragon*Con

deej
Tol Eressea

Jul 29 2013, 12:39pm

Post #6 of 6 (396 views)
Shortcut
DCon Tolkien Track Schedule [In reply to] Can't Post

TORn will be doing a few panels at DragonCon this year, as well as having a fan table. We'll have shirts, buttons, and exculsive Tauriel posters for sale, as well as asking Tolkien trivia in exchange for sweets and other goodies, so please come by and say hello!

http://middleearth.dragoncon.org/

"The Hobbits bowed low. 'Most gracious host', said Frodo, 'It was said to me by Elrond Half-Elven that I should find friendship upon the way, secret and unlooked for. Certainly I have found no such friendship as you have shown. To have found it turns evil to great good."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.