The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
how does the location thingo work?

boldog
Rohan

Jul 16 2013, 7:14am

Post #1 of 3 (352 views)
Shortcut
how does the location thingo work? Can't Post

hey all, just a simple question regarding a the one ring. net feature. under everyones username there is a location in middle earth. ive noticed that it starts at the shire, then bree, then to Rivendell (where I stand now) . but what does it all mean? is it not meant to be like a journey of the user, in the way of the hobbits? we start in shire, then to bree, then to Rivendell, and im guessing next will be lorien? I don't see any moria on anyones names.
lol I know its stupid to ask, but im just curious to know. I remember when I first signed up for the message boards, I thought I could edit the location, and I kept trying to put down rhun, but it wouldn't work Blush. im guessing though that this is what these locations are all about........

"fingolfin looked up in grief to see what evil morgoth had done to maedhros"

Lothwen
Rivendell

Jul 16 2013, 7:28am

Post #2 of 3 (258 views)
Shortcut
It's the number of posts you have [In reply to] Can't Post

I've copied this from the TORn FAQ.

2.39 I noticed that different users have different titles under their usernames ... what do they mean? The titles listed under members’ usernames are automatically assigned by the system and are based on the total number of posts that a user has created on the message boards. They represent the journey the members of the Fellowship of the Ring made through Middle-earth and beyond, and are based on the following post counts:

Up to 9 posts: Registered User
10 to 49 posts: The Shire
50 to 99 posts: Bree
100 to 249 posts: Rivendell
250 to 499 posts: Lorien
500 to 999 posts: Rohan
1000 to 1499 posts: Gondor
1500 to 1999 posts: Grey Havens
2000 to 2999 posts: Tol Eressea
3000 - 5000 posts: Valinor
5000 - 10,000 posts: Half-elven - congratulations! Few mortals make it to Valinor. As a reward, Mandos has granted you the choice of the Half-elven: you can "choose a mortal life," or continue posting to the ultimate level...
10,000+ posts: Immortal

These titles don't carry any authority or prestige. It’s just a fun way to “walk in the footsteps” of the Fellowship, and it also represents the fellowship we have here on the boards!

Btw, it took me a while to work them out too.Laugh

'There lie the woods of Lothlorien!' said Legolas. 'That is the fairest of all the dwellings of my people. There are no trees like the trees of that land. For in the autumn their leaves fall not, but turn to gold.'

(This post was edited by Lothwen on Jul 16 2013, 7:29am)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 16 2013, 8:30am

Post #3 of 3 (301 views)
Shortcut
Yep, Lothwen's got it right. Also... [In reply to] Can't Post

you might be interested in this thread further down the board. :)

Celebrimbor: "Pretty rings..."
Dwarves: "Pretty rings..."
Men: "Pretty rings..."
Sauron: "Mine's better."

"Ah, how ironic, the addictive qualities of Sauron’s master weapon led to its own destruction. Which just goes to show, kids - if you want two small and noble souls to succeed on a mission of dire importance... send an evil-minded beggar with them too." - Gandalf's Diaries, final par, by Ufthak.

Ataahua's stories

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.