Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Crazy(?) but Maybe True Rumors or Facts

vexx801
Rivendell

Jul 15 2013, 9:33pm

Views: 1824
Shortcut
Crazy(?) but Maybe True Rumors or Facts Can't Post

Hey folks! So I got to thinking on some of the rumors or at least some of the "crazy" ideas we have heard in regard to DOS and TABA, and I wanted to compile a list of what we have heard and what we know, and put it together.

Note that I do not mean what some may consider crazy as in the inclusion of Legolas, the orcs in Laketown or anything like that. Here is a list of what I mean, and what I am currently aware of:

- In DOS, there may be a flashback where Thranduil relays the history of Orcrist to Thorin. In this flashback, it is said that we see the Fall of Gondolin, and possibly Gothmog the Balrog, Ecthelion the Elf and a young Smaug.
- According to PJ, we are to see more of Sauron's backstory fleshed out. This interview (as I recall) was from when GDT was still attached to the project, but the idea is likely that we would have flashbacks to Sauron's past years and would see him in more of a capacity.
- According to Benedict Cumberbatch, he mentioned something about Sauron being at the Five Legions War or something, and it appears to be the BOFA.

Thoughts on all of this, the plausibility, and any others you've heard?

(This post was edited by vexx801 on Jul 15 2013, 9:42pm)

Subject User Time
Crazy(?) but Maybe True Rumors or Facts vexx801 Send a private message to vexx801 Jul 15 2013, 9:33pm
    Two more really crazy ones burgahobbit Send a private message to burgahobbit Jul 16 2013, 1:49am
        The funny thing... Bumpypotato Send a private message to Bumpypotato Jul 16 2013, 10:58am
    Gandalf and Galadriel's love scene. / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 16 2013, 7:30am
    Did Benedict actually say that flameofudun Send a private message to flameofudun Jul 16 2013, 6:07pm
        He said it during an EMPIRE interview, back in 2012. DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 16 2013, 6:50pm
            Ok. Thank you! flameofudun Send a private message to flameofudun Jul 16 2013, 7:57pm
                There is also the Supposed Romance between Bombadil Send a private message to Bombadil Jul 16 2013, 11:37pm
    Fall of Gondolin Fredeghar Wayfarer Send a private message to Fredeghar Wayfarer Jul 17 2013, 7:43am
        I've never bought this rumor for a second cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Jul 17 2013, 9:45pm
            I'm not so sure.... BornOutOfTheWest Send a private message to BornOutOfTheWest Jul 18 2013, 10:00am
                Would a flashback to Gondolin serve to move the story forward? Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jul 18 2013, 2:30pm
                    I understand what your saying but... BornOutOfTheWest Send a private message to BornOutOfTheWest Jul 18 2013, 4:05pm
                        I can confirm that the "rumour" is just a rumour. / DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 18 2013, 4:09pm
                            As lovely as Gondolin sounds, I would rather see (much more story relevant) Durin's Bane bringing ruin AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jul 18 2013, 4:41pm
                Fair enough cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Jul 18 2013, 7:54pm
                Little sense LordGawain Send a private message to LordGawain Jul 18 2013, 8:07pm
                    I am inclined to trust in DanielB. That said, if they DID do a Gondolin scene, I doubt it would be long enough to diminish AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jul 19 2013, 3:49am
        Not entirely true. He has rights to use the name Gondolin, and to depict that it AinurOlorin Send a private message to AinurOlorin Jul 18 2013, 5:35am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.