Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Moving swiftly on to carnivores Beorn/Mikael Persbrandt

Glorfindela
Tol Eressea

Jul 12 2013, 5:36pm

Views: 1235
Shortcut
Moving swiftly on to carnivores Beorn/Mikael Persbrandt Can't Post

I'm an enthusiastic watcher of Scandinavian drama. I love the 'real' characters in them, young and old, with interesting and characterful faces, and find many of the plots gripping.

I've just been watching Beck a Swedish crime drama that includes wit and dry humour. It was only after seeing a few episodes of this that I cottoned on to the fact that one of the main actors is Mikael Persbrandt, who will be playing Beorn (call me thick if you will).

I think he's a terrific actor and is an excellent choice for the character. I can't wait to see how he will portray Beorn. I just hope they don't plaster too many prosthetics onto his face. He needs to look 'shaggy' in some way, but he doesn't need to have his face altered to a major degree. He is very tall and has the right physique and presence to play the character (as I imagine him) in human form. I hope he will be recognizable as the actor. Smile

Subject User Time
Moving swiftly on to carnivores Beorn/Mikael Persbrandt Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Jul 12 2013, 5:36pm
    Glad to hear that you like Scandinavian drama... DeadRabbits Send a private message to DeadRabbits Jul 12 2013, 7:28pm
        I get my fix of the Scandinavian dramas when they are shown on UK TV Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Jul 12 2013, 10:52pm
            Snabba Cash/Easy Money is out in UK cinemas this Friday Rohirrim Rider Send a private message to Rohirrim Rider Jul 17 2013, 8:51am
    Prosthetics Skaan Send a private message to Skaan Jul 12 2013, 8:30pm
        Here is the thread you mention: DanielLB Send a private message to DanielLB Jul 12 2013, 8:35pm
            Thanks for the link Skaan Send a private message to Skaan Jul 12 2013, 8:40pm
            And we can actually confirm it with the DoS trailer Oleander Took Send a private message to Oleander Took Jul 12 2013, 10:18pm
        It's great that we will see the blue eyes they are quite piercing. Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Jul 12 2013, 10:39pm
        yup ByThorinsBeard Send a private message to ByThorinsBeard Jul 15 2013, 11:35pm
    Beorn as bear and as a man... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jul 12 2013, 8:33pm
        *SPOILERS* Thranderz Send a private message to Thranderz Jul 12 2013, 9:44pm
    He certainly has been kept under lock and key for these films! Eruonen Send a private message to Eruonen Jul 12 2013, 9:56pm
        We did see a glimpse of a huge bear Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jul 13 2013, 1:57pm
    Though I haven't seen Beck Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Jul 13 2013, 12:24am
        You and me both. Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Jul 13 2013, 12:04pm
            Same here Ziggy Stardust Send a private message to Ziggy Stardust Jul 14 2013, 12:32am
    Acting Chops AncalagontheBlack Send a private message to AncalagontheBlack Jul 13 2013, 2:13pm
        I'll check that out! Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Jul 13 2013, 3:49pm
    Carnivores? Beorn?? n/m Brandybuckled Send a private message to Brandybuckled Jul 15 2013, 6:31pm
        Bears are carnivores. Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Jul 15 2013, 10:38pm
            No, bears are omnivores, but you missed the point... Brandybuckled Send a private message to Brandybuckled Jul 15 2013, 10:45pm
                Bears are most definitely carnivores in scientific nomenclature Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Jul 15 2013, 11:00pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.