Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
What I missed in AUJ? Ruins!

Glum
Bree

Jul 12 2013, 12:29pm

Views: 891
Shortcut
What I missed in AUJ? Ruins! Can't Post

One thing I loved about LOTR movies was the fact that PJ and his team showed us several ruined settlements in Middle-Earth. Just take a look at the ruined Eregion building which the Fellowship passes in the mountains, surroundings of the Moria gate, Amon Hen statues, stairs and other things (I completely adore these) and ruined Ithilien buildings... (I'm not talking about places like Osgiliath or Amon Sul, because they simply had to put them in the movies). So obviously, I was expecting to see some ruins in AUJ. It would be logical - the company passes through the former kingdom of Arnor on their journey and what's more, even Tolkien himself mentioned in The Hobbit that Bilbo saw ruined buildings. Therefore, I was a bit dissapointed not to see any ruins (the house which was destroyed by the trolls doesn't count for me and we've already seen Amon Sul in FOTR)... I'm still hoping that perhaps EE might include some Arnor ruins, but something tells me it won't happen :(
What are your thoughts?

Subject User Time
What I missed in AUJ? Ruins! Glum Send a private message to Glum Jul 12 2013, 12:29pm
    I think you may see a few ruins in DoS. Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Jul 12 2013, 2:03pm
    The areas they go through in AUJ aren't really full of ruins, though easterlingchief1 Send a private message to easterlingchief1 Jul 12 2013, 2:21pm
        But... Glum Send a private message to Glum Jul 12 2013, 4:08pm
    What about Dol Guldur? Look forward to DOS Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Send a private message to Lieutenant of Dol Guldur Jul 12 2013, 4:47pm
    Rhudaur and Dol Guldur Fredeghar Wayfarer Send a private message to Fredeghar Wayfarer Jul 12 2013, 10:31pm
    I miss that too redgiraffe Send a private message to redgiraffe Jul 13 2013, 2:42am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.