Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Where in Middle Earth would you like to live?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: Where in Middle Earth would you like to live?
The Shire
Rivendell
Moria
Lorien
Rohan
Gondor
Mordor
Undying Lands
Elsewhere in ME
I'll stick to where I live now
View Results (105 votes)

FingonOfPittsburgh
Lorien

Feb 26 2007, 11:58pm

Post #26 of 39 (921 views)
Shortcut
re [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Had to be Rohan I'm afraid Smile.........although....everytime you walk through the gates of Imladris (in LotRO) and look down into Rivendell it takes your breath away & The Shire is stunning too, but I'd miss the plains of Rohan.

That is absolutely my favorite part of that game. The first time I saw it, I sat there and squealed for about 15 minutes. They got the Valley of Rivendell so right. It's 100 times better than I ever imagined.

Lossefalme
Gondor

Feb 27 2007, 6:11am

Post #27 of 39 (945 views)
Shortcut
This one got me thinking. [In reply to] Can't Post

I know, I know. It's shocking. Anyway, I was going to choose Gondor because whither goest Aragorn I will follow, but the truth is I think I would probably be happier in Ithilien or the Shire. Tough to decide. Well done, Stapper!

Greenwood Hobbit
Valinor

Mar 1 2007, 10:55pm

Post #28 of 39 (940 views)
Shortcut
It'd have to be The Shire... [In reply to] Can't Post

...though like Bilbo I'd yearn for the mountains now and again, and would try to fit in a few trips to Rivendell. I would miss being near the sea too! Would have to try and visit that as well. Generally, though, I'd be happy with the woods, fields, little rivers; a snug hobbit hole full of books and mathoms, a fruitful garden, a good pub and friendly neighbours!

silneldor
Half-elven

Mar 3 2007, 4:34am

Post #29 of 39 (919 views)
Shortcut
Lorien [In reply to] Can't Post

It is the trees. I absolutely loved the redwoods in California and the mallorns seem so similar.
But there is so much more to Lorien; the fields, flowers, streams and more woods.
The shire pulls me too.
Also Laketown fascinates me. I live on water now.
It looks like i may be moving around a bit. A nomadic middle-earthster

Annael
Immortal

Mar 3 2007, 7:35pm

Post #30 of 39 (894 views)
Shortcut
me too [In reply to] Can't Post

Always imagined it as rather like an English country house.

Magpie
Immortal

Mar 3 2007, 7:47pm

Post #31 of 39 (911 views)
Shortcut
Rivendell... for the song [In reply to] Can't Post

I once answered this same question quickly with Lothlorien. It seemed more exotic and romantic. But I soon realized that I love singing so much, it'd be just about heaven to live in a place where people sung together in informal ways. (I'm not really into the rehearsed choir thing... I'm more into the community song circle thing.)

Penthe
Gondor

Mar 4 2007, 6:22am

Post #32 of 39 (943 views)
Shortcut
I think I answered where I wished I'd want to live, if only I wasn't such a city person [In reply to] Can't Post

I like all the characters that come out of Rohan, Eomer, Theoden, Eowyn and so on. I would like to live in a place that creates such strong, energetic, loving, loyal and active people as those three.

But I suspect I'd really be happiest in The Shire or Rivendell, where people seem to find that eating and reading are perfectly acceptable hobbies.

oldnoakes

Apr 5 2007, 4:15pm

Post #33 of 39 (921 views)
Shortcut
I can't imagine myself anywhere but the Shire. [In reply to] Can't Post

I agree with the above post...

There's nothing I can think of as more idyllic than living among good simple folk like the hobbits. Sure, I know it wouldn't be perfect, and there would be kill-joys but I wouldn't let them spoil my fun. And apart from my neighbors thinking I'm a little crazy there is no good reason to go on some journeys as well.

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Apr 7 2007, 12:50pm

Post #34 of 39 (917 views)
Shortcut
I would live in the Immortal Lands and, like Gandalf, [In reply to] Can't Post

I would come to Middle-earth proper (the Immortal Lands are 'technically' not part of Middle-earth, but as you have re-defined it as such, I jump on this unexpected opportunity!...) in order to meet people, visit countries and places I know of old as well as the new ones that may have developed since I came last.
I wouldn't stay for ever in one place, but be like him the Wanderer who has friends (hopefully not enemies like he also had!!! Wink) and homes everywhere. If some new Dark Lord had emerged, or the influence of the old ones were again becoming too strong, I would help fight it off, and so have other adventures whereby I would make myself useful to Middle-earth...
Aaah!.... Wouldn't that be a great existence - as a Maļa myself too, of course! Of the incorruptible kind!!! Angelic

mae govannen
Tol Eressea

Apr 7 2007, 12:57pm

Post #35 of 39 (940 views)
Shortcut
Your footer says the Undying Lands, though...! :-) [In reply to] Can't Post

... Never mind, I understand!!! Wink

Donry
Tol Eressea

May 11 2007, 12:43am

Post #36 of 39 (875 views)
Shortcut
It has to be... [In reply to] Can't Post

the Shire for me. Peter Jackson's vision of the green, rolling hills, creeks and rivers is exactly what I want. I have a quaint little cottage and it's close!

Tyler
Lorien

Aug 4 2007, 11:14pm

Post #37 of 39 (922 views)
Shortcut
The shire.nice green area [In reply to] Can't Post

LEGIONTX
Rivendell

May 3 2009, 3:35pm

Post #38 of 39 (878 views)
Shortcut
tough choice [In reply to] Can't Post

Wow it is close between Lorien and Rivendell. I love trees; but also love steep mountains and rivers so RIvendell for me.

balinman
Rivendell

Nov 12 2009, 7:42pm

Post #39 of 39 (1068 views)
Shortcut
mordor [In reply to] Can't Post

mordor for me because it's so cool!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.