Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
It's time for some more BS!

grammaboodawg
Immortal

Jul 11 2013, 10:39am

Views: 82
Shortcut
It's time for some more BS! [In reply to] Can't Post

Here's part 3 of what has become a 3-part Book Spoiler that looks at how Ents em"bark" on relationships. This completes Treebeard's story of the beloved and long-missed Entwives… for a moment of Tolkien-zen.

From Many Partings: The Two Towers

..."'I remember it was long ago—in the time of the war between Sauron and the Men of the Sea—desire came over me to see Fimbrethil again. Very fair she was still in my eyes, when I had last seen her, though little like the Entmaiden of old. For the Entwives were bent and browned by their labour; their hair parched by the sun to the hue of ripe corn and their cheeks like red apples. Yet their eyes were still the eyes of our own people. We crossed over Anduin and came to their land; but we found a desert: it was all burned and uprooted, for war had passed over it. But the Entwives were not there. Long we called, and long we searched... ...we asked all folk that we met which way the Entwives had gone. Some said they had never seen them; and some said that they had seen them walking away west, and some said east, and others south. But nowhere that we went could we find them. Our sorrow was very great.... ...For many many years we used to go out every now and again and look for the Entwives, walking far and wide and calling them by their beautiful names. But as time passes we went more seldom and wandered less far... ...now the Entwives are only a memory for us, and our beards are long and grey. The Elves make many songs concerning the Search of the Ents, and some of the songs passed into the tongues of Men. But we made no song about it, being content to chant their beautiful names when we thought of the Entwives. We believe that we may meet again in a time to come... ...perhaps we shall find somewhere a land where we can live together and both be content. But it is foreboded that that will only be when we have both lost all that we now have... ...that time is drawing near at last. For if Sauron of old destroyed the gardens, the Enemy today seems likely to wither all the woods.”

4th draft of TH:AUJ Geeky Observation List - May 1, 2013

sample

"There is more in you of good than you know, child of the kindly West."

I'm SO HAPPY these new films take me back to that magical world!!

TIME Google Calendar
TORn's Geeky Observations Lists (updated soon)

Subject User Time
It's time for some BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 7 2013, 3:20am
    He was a tough old cookie Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jul 7 2013, 3:46am
        So true! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 8 2013, 1:14am
    TIME - July 7 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 8 2013, 1:11am
        It's time for some BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 8 2013, 4:35pm
            It's time for some more BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 9 2013, 11:13am
                "...men learned the crafts of the Entwives..." dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Jul 9 2013, 4:28pm
                    That's how I've thought it was! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 9 2013, 4:51pm
                TIME - July 10 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 10 2013, 10:41am
                    Love the way Gandalf recounts this tale! cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Jul 10 2013, 11:23pm
                        Oh... me too!! :D grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 12 2013, 10:42am
                            You're SO welcome! :) cats16 Send a private message to cats16 Jul 13 2013, 3:51am
                    It's time for some more BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 11 2013, 10:39am
                        It's time for some more BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 12 2013, 10:39am
                            It's time for some more BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 14 2013, 3:43am
                                Dinner: a hobbit's delight! dernwyn Send a private message to dernwyn Jul 14 2013, 12:03pm
                                    *smile spreads* grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 15 2013, 1:53am
                                        TIME - July 13 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 15 2013, 2:28pm
                                It's time for some more BS! grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 15 2013, 1:49am
                                    TIME - July 14 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 15 2013, 2:23pm
                                        TIME - July 15 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 15 2013, 2:25pm
                                            TIME - July 16 grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 16 2013, 9:23am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.