Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Lord of the Rings:
SCOD Double Bill

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Jul 11 2013, 2:27am

Views: 361
Shortcut
SCOD Double Bill Can't Post

Things have been rather hectic around my house lately. Lots of house/yard work, and I'm waking up in seven hours to go to Chicago (for the annual G-Fest ((Godzilla)), my first time going after a two year hiatus). So I'm making this week's SCODs into a two-fer-one on account of my time limit Tongue. Here goes!

1.) Gandalf

a. I don't know if anyone else gets this (and you can't really see it here), but this particular shot always sticks out when I see it in motion, namely on blu-ray. There's something about this shot amongst its neighbors that seems extremely clear, sharp, and eye-popping. It's hard to describe, but does anybody else have a similar sense with this one, or am I just crazy?

b. How do you read Gandalf's face here? Why do you think it is the way it is?

2.) Orthanc

a. It's almost self-explanatory why I picked this one. Let's play this like a rorschach test - what do you see (and I don't mean it literally, of course).

b. Any other thoughts?

Stigmata Script, a bastion for aspiring writers - http://stigmatascript.com/

"You do not let your eyes see nor your ears hear, and that which is outside your daily life is not of account to you. Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."

Subject User Time
SCOD Double Bill One Ringer Send a private message to One Ringer Jul 11 2013, 2:27am
    RE: SCOD Double Bill Radagast-Aiwendil Send a private message to Radagast-Aiwendil Jul 11 2013, 3:02pm
    Whiter than white! Darkstone Send a private message to Darkstone Jul 11 2013, 3:49pm
    SCOD-Double bill willowing Send a private message to willowing Jul 12 2013, 11:27am
    scod double bill Elenorflower Send a private message to Elenorflower Jul 13 2013, 1:43pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.