Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
What I feared...

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 9 2013, 3:39pm

Views: 54
Shortcut
What I feared... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
It was quite a mistake, I assure you! I had it newly washed, pressed, and hanging up when I completely forgot to grab it! Tragic, I know...

See, I would have said Earendil's tale, too, but there is precious little material actually written about him. The Necklace of the Dwarves and the Fall of Gondolin are at least both properly written out in full tales in BoLT, so narratives could be constructed using those sources. Earendil, though, was never written - there are just notes. So any narrative about him would have to be almost completely made up, or it would be remarkably shorter than the others. I think there's enough to make a slightly longer tale than what's published in The Silmarillion, but it wouldn't be much I don't think.

Oh, and I'm far from a scholar, but thanks for the compliment Smile

Well, you forgetting your kilt...but that's a different story! Tongue

I didn't know of much either, aside from the poem...(and I disagree here: I find you quite the HoME scholar!)... was hoping you knew of some more texts. I would love to have that tale expanded with more conversation, more character development. Would be great to see Earandil and Elwing 'talk', and hear more about the attack by the SoF (from their perspective too, highlighting who said what) and about Elrond and Elros being found in the cave. Its really the crown jewel of the tales to me, even more so than B and L (sorry there CG).

Coming soon!- The first TORn Amateur Symposium, starts Sunday 21st July in the Reading Room. Closing date for essay submission Sunday 14th July, but even if you don't submit, join us for some interesting discussion on some different and personal ways of looking at Tolkien's work.

Subject User Time
Silmarillion Discussion, Chapter 19: Of Beren and Luthien: Politics makes the world go 'round CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 26 2013, 10:30pm
    Not late to the party, this time. Faenoriel Send a private message to Faenoriel Jun 26 2013, 10:56pm
        Without giving too much away in the next few chapters Hamfast Gamgee Send a private message to Hamfast Gamgee Jun 26 2013, 11:02pm
        Party politics CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 27 2013, 12:21am
    Politics makes the world go round? Hamfast Gamgee Send a private message to Hamfast Gamgee Jun 26 2013, 11:00pm
        Good one // CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 27 2013, 12:10am
    Politics in Beleriand Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 27 2013, 2:11am
        I knew there was something creepy about the C-bros CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 27 2013, 2:43am
            "The C-bros" sound disturbingly like a Gangsta Rap Band... // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jun 27 2013, 10:25am
    OK, a list of fates/dooms in this chapter CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 27 2013, 2:30am
    ...in a most delightful way. sador Send a private message to sador Jun 27 2013, 12:23pm
        Thanks for the answers CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 27 2013, 12:49pm
    my fictional conversation between Thingol and Galadriel... and other things, too telain Send a private message to telain Jun 27 2013, 5:49pm
        Great take on Thingol CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 27 2013, 5:57pm
            I find Thingol such an inconsistent character in some ways... elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 27 2013, 7:51pm
                The rise, fall, rise, and fall of Thingol CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 27 2013, 8:03pm
                Inconsistent or 'human'? Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 27 2013, 9:43pm
                    Thingol as realistic Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 27 2013, 10:14pm
                        Reactive is a great description Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 28 2013, 12:28am
                    Both! elaen32 Send a private message to elaen32 Jun 28 2013, 6:10am
                        Thingol Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 29 2013, 6:18pm
            there's saying and then there's doing telain Send a private message to telain Jul 1 2013, 5:18pm
    (Random subject title) followed by... Lothwen Send a private message to Lothwen Jun 28 2013, 9:30am
        A most excellent idea Lothwen Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 28 2013, 3:01pm
            Agreed, great point CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jun 28 2013, 8:00pm
                Thingol in 3-D Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 28 2013, 9:32pm
                Nice contrast Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 29 2013, 6:24pm
                    THAT is very true Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jun 30 2013, 6:11pm
                        It's a shame, really. Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jul 1 2013, 7:46pm
                            Yes, I'm hungry for more, as usual CuriousG Send a private message to CuriousG Jul 2 2013, 4:51pm
                                Sons of Feanor Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jul 3 2013, 5:57pm
                            I reread Wanderings last night Ardamire Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jul 3 2013, 2:54am
                                Wanderings & CoH Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jul 3 2013, 6:07pm
                                    I agree here Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jul 3 2013, 6:19pm
                                        My kilt! Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jul 8 2013, 11:01pm
                                            You brought NO kilt!?! Dear dear.... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jul 9 2013, 2:57am
                                                Sadly, no. Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jul 9 2013, 2:33pm
                                                    small correction... Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jul 9 2013, 3:06pm
                                                        Haha! Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jul 9 2013, 3:19pm
                                                    What I feared... Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jul 9 2013, 3:39pm
                                                        There are sadly Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jul 10 2013, 3:11am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.