Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Reading Room:
Ah, the complications...

Lothwen
Rivendell

Jul 7 2013, 11:59am

Views: 104
Shortcut
Ah, the complications... [In reply to] Can't Post

Now that you mention it, I remember that with Aule and his Dwarves, which of course blows my dragon/eagle theory even more. Laugh

but, he infused his power into middle earth itself (the marring), so perhaps that is why dragons and trolls and orcs survive on without him.

This could be; it does seem pretty logical.

Thanks for answering my questions,
Lothwen Smile

'There lie the woods of Lothlorien!' said Legolas. 'That is the fairest of all the dwellings of my people. There are no trees like the trees of that land. For in the autumn their leaves fall not, but turn to gold.'

Subject User Time
What degree of sentience do Tolkien's animals have? thatlldo Send a private message to thatlldo Jul 5 2013, 4:10am
    mae govannen! Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jul 5 2013, 4:23am
    Good question! Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jul 5 2013, 7:26am
        what do we mean by "sentience"? Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jul 5 2013, 12:18pm
        Oh! That sounds exciting Elizabeth! Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jul 5 2013, 3:27pm
        Me too Rembrethil Send a private message to Rembrethil Jul 5 2013, 3:35pm
            fantastic : ) Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jul 5 2013, 3:40pm
            Wonderful news Rembrethil! // Brethil Send a private message to Brethil Jul 5 2013, 3:58pm
        I'm looking forward to that paper, Elizabeth :) // noWizardme Send a private message to noWizardme Jul 7 2013, 3:59pm
    Mammals in real world also "think" to themselves wildespace Send a private message to wildespace Jul 5 2013, 9:31am
        entirely Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jul 5 2013, 12:19pm
    The wargs Lothwen Send a private message to Lothwen Jul 5 2013, 10:03am
        good question Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jul 5 2013, 12:27pm
            Thanks Maciliel! Lothwen Send a private message to Lothwen Jul 5 2013, 3:25pm
                an interesting wrinkle Maciliel Send a private message to Maciliel Jul 5 2013, 3:31pm
                    Ah, the complications... Lothwen Send a private message to Lothwen Jul 7 2013, 11:59am
        Wargs Fredeghar Wayfarer Send a private message to Fredeghar Wayfarer Jul 8 2013, 3:59am
            The Warg attack in FotR Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jul 8 2013, 2:36pm
    talk talk Elthir Send a private message to Elthir Jul 5 2013, 12:28pm
    Sentience in Middle-earth wezan Send a private message to wezan Jul 6 2013, 9:37pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.