Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Who is this mystery dwarf?

Brego93
The Shire

Jul 6 2013, 12:28am

Views: 1082
Shortcut
Who is this mystery dwarf? Can't Post

I have been meaning to post about this for a while but haven't got round to it. I don't recall much discussion about the identity of this dwarf so I would love to hear what people think because I have not a clue.

The dwarf in question, I think anyway, has made 3 brief appearances. I apologise in advance because I don't know how to show screen caps.

The first time the dwarf appears is in vlog #6. At 3:32. Long blond beard and hair and the actor says, "There is a chopper behind me isn't there?". He seems to be alone on the top of this mountain which leads me to assume that he has some role, whether minor or major to play. Video link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A42zC_3LQsM

He next appears in an advertisement video for New Zealand called "New Zealand, Home of Middle-earth". At 0:26. He is only on screen for a couple of seconds, but it shows us that the character has a very distinctive looking axe. All the important dwarves on the movie have their own distinctive looks, style and personal weapons. This also points to me that this dwarf is an individual character and not a "generic dwarf". Video link here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRA_eVAyH5c

I also think I may have spotted him again but having just look again I'm not so sure......but anyway. In the Hobbit:AUJ there is a dwarf holding a very similar axe has he scans the bodies in the aftermath of the battle of Azanulbizar. He's in the shot when Thorin is doing like wise. The dwarf is on the left of Thorin at the beginning of the shot. I was convinced it was the same axe but I'm not sure now. What do you all think?

So who is this dwarf? Is this Thrain? He doesn't have a scar on his eye like in AUJ's prologue tho. Is it Dain? Doesn't look like Billy Connelly to me? Is he involved in a DOS prologue? Or a messenger from the Iron Hills? What does everyone think?

"I don't know half of you as half as well as I should like and I like less than half of you as well as you deserve"

Subject User Time
Who is this mystery dwarf? Brego93 Send a private message to Brego93 Jul 6 2013, 12:28am
    Well vexx801 Send a private message to vexx801 Jul 6 2013, 1:23am
    No offense, but this is the umpteenth thread I've seen about this hahaha jtarkey Send a private message to jtarkey Jul 6 2013, 2:01am

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.