Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Radagast's Aquamarine Crystal NESTED in this Staff?

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 5 2013, 10:49pm

Post #1 of 4 (922 views)
Shortcut
Radagast's Aquamarine Crystal NESTED in this Staff? Can't Post

Seems he uses it to Draw OUT this new Witchcraft from Sebastain...

That's New?

This whole business of Staff's
has Bomby Stumped!
Curious and DumbedDown?

Did Gandalf have a Crystal TOO?
hiding in His Pocket?

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jul 5 2013, 11:05pm

Post #2 of 4 (629 views)
Shortcut
I'm not totally sure [In reply to] Can't Post

I would think Radagast is going to end up either dying or transforming in some way. Maybe that stone will play a part in the fate of Radagast. Or maybe that stone is the one Gandalf uses in FOTR though it looks a bit different. There are so many questions I can't wait to have answered! I think thet staff subplot was thought of as a way to explain Radagasts absence from the Lord of the Rings. Something dramatic will happen no doubt!

Yngwulff
Gondor

Jul 6 2013, 3:23am

Post #3 of 4 (544 views)
Shortcut
Moth [In reply to] Can't Post

How could Raddy be the moth in AUJ and the LOTR?

He was still alive during Out of the Frying Pan and into the Fire ... that doesn't jive with me ...

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Werde Spinner
Rohan

Jul 6 2013, 5:57pm

Post #4 of 4 (416 views)
Shortcut
The crystal was cool. [In reply to] Can't Post

All fantasies and science fictions worth their salt have glowing crystals of doom. Or at least glowing crystals. We'd be rather disappointed without them, I think. Wink That being said, I really liked the bluish-green color of Radagast's crystal. Some people may not like Radagast, but I love basically every scene he's in. He's so Crazy Awesome, man.

Anyway, when the Fellowship is in Moria, doesn't the light from Gandalf's staff come from a clear or whitish crystal he places in the top of his staff? I could swear it does. What I can't remember is whether that crystal was there all the time or not. Crazy I'm thinking it wasn't, because I seem to recall his hand reaching up and placing the crystal in his staff when he lights it up, talking about, "We must now face the long dark of Moria," or some such. So perhaps all the wizards really do carry crystals around in their pockets!

Does Saruman carry a crystal? That would be interesting. Then again, I think his staff already has one embedded in it, so perhaps he doesn't need to carry one around in his pocket.

Hahaha, but this discussion reminds me of when my brother was little and he thought putting rocks in his pockets would give him 'rockets'. And so he would jump off the tables trying to fly through the air. Good times. Smile

"I had forgotten that. It is hard to be sure of anything among so many marvels. The world is all grown strange. Elf and Dwarf in company walk in our daily fields; and folk speak with the Lady of the Wood and yet live; and the Sword comes back to war that was broken in the long ages ere the fathers of our fathers rode into the Mark! How shall a man judge what to do in such times?"

"As he ever has judged. Good and ill have not changed since yesteryear; nor are they one thing among Elves and Dwarves and another among Men. It is a man's part to discern them, as much in the Golden Wood as in his own house."

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.