Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Beorn will be in the DOS and TABA, right?

flameofudun
Lorien

Jul 5 2013, 8:42pm

Post #1 of 11 (757 views)
Shortcut
Beorn will be in the DOS and TABA, right? Can't Post

Sorry for this OCD kind of post, made out of anxiety, and also sorry for clogging up the message boards with two of my threads in one day? But could someone please reassure me that Beorn will be in the movie? Once again, I apologize for this stupid question, but I need some assurance.

''We are very dangerous over short distances''

-Gimli

Veridandir
Rivendell

Jul 5 2013, 8:50pm

Post #2 of 11 (433 views)
Shortcut
Of course. [In reply to] Can't Post

Why would you even worry about that? Persbrandt is cast, sneak peak of his place in the trailer, plays a major part in BOFA etc.

(This post was edited by Altaira on Jul 7 2013, 12:42am)

Salmacis81
Tol Eressea

Jul 5 2013, 8:55pm

Post #3 of 11 (418 views)
Shortcut
Pretty certain... [In reply to] Can't Post

I myself find it a bit strange that they are being so secretive about Beorn. I'd have thought we'd get a glimpse of non-bear Beorn before Smaug, but maybe they're just doing some last-minute tweaks to his appearance or something. I don't see why they'd cut him out at this point. I mean, they've apparently cast a famous Swedish actor for the role, and we got a glimpse of something that resembled a bear in the trailer, so I don't see why they'd cut him out at this point.

(This post was edited by Salmacis81 on Jul 5 2013, 8:56pm)

malickfan
Gondor

Jul 5 2013, 9:25pm

Post #4 of 11 (438 views)
Shortcut
I wouldn't count on it [In reply to] Can't Post

He wasn't mentioned in The Appendices Wink

But Seriously you have absoultely nothing to worry about, he is confirmed for both films, they showed his house in the V.blogs and his bear form in the trailer and the actor portraying him has talked about how his role is expanded from the book

This is not a very interesting signature is it?

sycorax82
Rohan

Jul 6 2013, 1:38am

Post #5 of 11 (312 views)
Shortcut
They are simply keeping his appearance a surprise [In reply to] Can't Post

Maybe they didn't really get round to finishing the Beorn sequences until recently. It's been mentioned that he is an even bigger size than Gandalf, to the Dwarves, so this requires plenty of effects work.

emre43
Rohan

Jul 6 2013, 7:19am

Post #6 of 11 (261 views)
Shortcut
Yep [In reply to] Can't Post

They didn't reveal Radagast until August/September time.

Yngwulff
Gondor

Jul 6 2013, 7:45am

Post #7 of 11 (260 views)
Shortcut
Umm [In reply to] Can't Post

we do see a big bear in the trailer in a log home or barn ....

I submit he's been partially revealed already ...

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Jul 6 2013, 7:48am

Post #8 of 11 (251 views)
Shortcut
And we saw Gandalf with a huge bear on his hind legs on the original "Scroll" banner... [In reply to] Can't Post

http://www.screenslam.com/...ie-Poster-banner.jpg

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 6 2013, 8:46am

Post #9 of 11 (275 views)
Shortcut
Here's a couple of links for you, for reassurance: [In reply to] Can't Post

1. Peter Jackson says Beorn role will be expanded
2. Richard Armitage talks about Beorn here
3. Persbrandt confirms he will have pick-ups this year
4. Inside of Beorn's house shown in vlog #8
5. The outside of Beorn's house
6. Official description:

The gigantic Beorn is the last of the ancient people of the skin changer: He can transform into a huge bear-like creature. He lives alone, only tolerates the company of his beloved animals and does not appreciate any visitors – especially not dwarfs. Gandalf knows that the companions have to take the risk and ask Beorn for help, because otherwise they will hardly survive their journey through Wilderland.

7. Beorn will be a toy, part of the DOS toy line
8. And he's been mentioned in various TV and magazine interviews with the cast and crew.

Smile

Coming soon! The first TORn Amateur Symposium, starts Sunday 21st July in the Reading Room. Closing date for essay submission Sunday 14th July, but even if you don't submit, join us for some interesting discussion on some different and personal ways of looking at Tolkien's work.

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Jul 6 2013, 8:52am)

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jul 6 2013, 7:22pm

Post #10 of 11 (204 views)
Shortcut
Why are they doing another 3.75" Gandalf and another 6" Legolas figure?! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope they will be different somehow. Same with the dwarves.

FlameOFtheWEST
The Shire

Jul 7 2013, 2:31am

Post #11 of 11 (185 views)
Shortcut
he will [In reply to] Can't Post

Beorn WILL be in The Desolation Of Smaug
Beorn SHOULD be in the Battle Of Five Armies in There And Back Again

“I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.”

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.