Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Do you want Kili and Tauriel to be together ???
Poll: Do you want Kili and Tauriel to be together ???
YESS , absolutley !!! Great Idea
I don't care (I hate those characters)
NOO, Stupid idea !!!
Maybe , not sure o_O
I love tauriel I don't want her to be with a dwarf !!! :D :D :D
I love Kili i don't want him to be with a traitor elf !!! :)
View Results (61 votes)

W1tchK1nG
The Shire

Jul 5 2013, 9:29am

Post #1 of 9 (335 views)
Shortcut
Do you want Kili and Tauriel to be together ??? Can't Post

Sooo recently on my post i mentioned that there is a rumor going that Tauriel and Kili will have a romantic relationship... !!! some of you didn't like the idea but some did Wink , anyway my question is : Do you like the idea of dwarf Kili and Elf Tauriel Having a romantic relationship???

Yngwulff
Gondor

Jul 5 2013, 9:41am

Post #2 of 9 (189 views)
Shortcut
I think [In reply to] Can't Post

It will be a one sided infatuation with Kili having a crush on her ...

Lothwen
Rivendell

Jul 5 2013, 10:21am

Post #3 of 9 (164 views)
Shortcut
Yup, I agree with Yngwulff // [In reply to] Can't Post

Patty
Immortal

Jul 6 2013, 2:57pm

Post #4 of 9 (136 views)
Shortcut
No. [In reply to] Can't Post

In the Lord of the Rings, Aragorn and Arwen really did love each other, so their romance was not too far-fetched to be included. But Kili and "Tauriel". ? This is just madness. IMHO, of course.

FlameOFtheWEST
The Shire

Jul 8 2013, 1:24pm

Post #5 of 9 (86 views)
Shortcut
Wellll [In reply to] Can't Post

Well uhh, both Kili and Tauriel will uhh.....MHM *Romeo and Juliet* couph couph mhm

Arwen's daughter
Half-elven

Jul 8 2013, 6:48pm

Post #6 of 9 (85 views)
Shortcut
No. [In reply to] Can't Post

I worry it would diminish the friendship of Gimli and Legolas that we see develop in LOTR. And probably the relationship between Aragorn and Arwen as well. Friendships and love affairs between species are few and far between in Middle Earth and very special and important when they happen. Unless film makers have very good reason to mess with that I'd rather not see them throw these things around willy nilly.

arithmancer
Grey Havens

Jul 8 2013, 7:24pm

Post #7 of 9 (76 views)
Shortcut
Voted maybe... [In reply to] Can't Post

But the poll does not have an option that captures my sentiments in this regard completely.

I am mostly against it because I don't think sticking a female character into the movie in order to have a romance appeals to me. Sticking in a female character in order to have a female character for a female actor to play and female and male audience members to enjoy in the ways they usually enjoy female characters, totally another story, I look forward to seeing Tauriel!

On the other hand, having an Elf and a Dwarf from Tolkien's Middle Earth fall in love would be something I could get behind. I always imagined it happening as a kid. I felt Dwarves never got enough credit, everyone interesting was always falling for fair Elven maids and tall warriors, but *I* always liked the Dwarves. They were brave and fierce and loyal, and loved, and made, beautiful things, and were one of the Free Peoples. What's not to love?

sevilodorf
Gondor

Jul 10 2013, 3:37pm

Post #8 of 9 (62 views)
Shortcut
No [In reply to] Can't Post

it detracts from the Gimli and Galadriel affection.

Marionette
Rohan

Aug 6 2013, 4:09pm

Post #9 of 9 (40 views)
Shortcut
NO, thatīs why I have issues with Tauriel [In reply to] Can't Post

I donīt mind Tauriel being in the film, but I do mind she is there to be a love interest, especially for Kili, he is a dwaf and dwarves hates elves.

Leave the Tauriel-Kili thing to fanfic wirters
That idea is just stupid fanfictionīs idea.

So of course I donīt like the fanfic thing

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.