Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Main:
Beyond the Hobbit - the feasabilty of bringing the War in the North to the big screen.

Hanzkaz
Rohan

Jul 4 2013, 5:35am

Views: 750
Shortcut
Beyond the Hobbit - the feasabilty of bringing the War in the North to the big screen. Can't Post

I'd just like to know if people would be open to the possibility of a War in the North movie (or two - or three).

This topic has come up in the past, and reactions have varied from 'No, not enough source material' to 'Cool, I'd like to see more Middle-Earth'.

Now that people have seen AUJ (and a bit of DOS), would people like the idea of returning to the era of the War of the Ring, and see it through the eyes of the other characters from the Hobbit?

If there is an intention of making other Middle-Earth movies, having a few well-known characters involved couldn't hurt, and I imagine the likes of Thranduil and Dain will have gained quite a few fans by the time the Hobbit Trilogy is over. Then there's the possibilty that Radagast and Tauriel and Bain might still be around too, as well as some of Thorin's remaining companions.

From the makers of 'The Lord of the Rings' comes the sequel to Peter Jackson's Hobbit Trilogy -
'The War in the North, Part I : The Sword in the Tomb'.

Subject User Time
Beyond the Hobbit - the feasabilty of bringing the War in the North to the big screen. Hanzkaz Jul 4 2013, 5:35am
    best idea ever lurtz2010 Send a private message to lurtz2010 Jul 4 2013, 6:35am
    I think that Peter Jackson would want to avoid doing more middle earth film Welsh hero Send a private message to Welsh hero Jul 4 2013, 6:36am
    Depends on the point of view. Elizabeth Send a private message to Elizabeth Jul 4 2013, 7:22am
    No thanks Fredeghar Wayfarer Send a private message to Fredeghar Wayfarer Jul 4 2013, 7:33am
    No demnation Send a private message to demnation Jul 4 2013, 8:30am
    Personally, I like the idea of a War in the North series - Hanzkaz Jul 4 2013, 10:17am
    I can somewhat imagine this... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jul 4 2013, 12:58pm
    I'd love to see it! DeadRabbits Send a private message to DeadRabbits Jul 4 2013, 1:19pm
    More Middle-earth movies? grammaboodawg Send a private message to grammaboodawg Jul 4 2013, 1:38pm
        I agree Gramma Noria Send a private message to Noria Jul 5 2013, 12:42pm
    No, bungobaggins Send a private message to bungobaggins Jul 4 2013, 3:03pm
    I've been pondering the characters of the War in the North... Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jul 4 2013, 3:16pm
        Dwarves Otaku-sempai Send a private message to Otaku-sempai Jul 4 2013, 5:10pm
    No thanks. sauget.diblosio Send a private message to sauget.diblosio Jul 4 2013, 4:20pm
    No thanks malickfan Send a private message to malickfan Jul 4 2013, 8:24pm
        For years I believed LOTR was unfilmable Hanzkaz Jul 5 2013, 3:24pm
            Sorry - geordie Send a private message to geordie Jul 5 2013, 11:18pm
                As long as it's decent 'fan-fiction' - Hanzkaz Jul 7 2013, 5:09pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.