Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: TheOneRing.net: Feedback:
hey, modar!!! i just ordered a new kitchen -- you can, too...
First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2013, 11:46am

Post #1 of 63 (430 views)
Shortcut
hey, modar!!! i just ordered a new kitchen -- you can, too... Can't Post

good morning, modar --

i just ordered a new kitchen, courtesy of this post....

i can't decide on the tile, though... dwarvish, that say, "du bakar" -- or elvish, that say something about cakes falling like beleriand.

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

(This post was edited by Rosie-with-the-ribbons on Jul 2 2013, 12:54pm)

CuriousG
Valinor

Jul 2 2013, 12:52pm

Post #2 of 63 (271 views)
Shortcut
Dang. I'm in the market for an OLD kitchen. [In reply to] Can't Post

Please alert me when ads for those go up.

Rosie-with-the-ribbons
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 2 2013, 12:54pm

Post #3 of 63 (268 views)
Shortcut
Thanks [In reply to] Can't Post

Moved it (that was some weight, such a kitchen is rather heavy)

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2013, 12:54pm

Post #4 of 63 (256 views)
Shortcut
maybe [In reply to] Can't Post

... you can pm the spammer?

over and over and over and over... like... spam?

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++
the scene, as i understand it, is exceptionally well-written. fili (in sort of a callback to the scene with the eagles), calls out "thorRIIIIIIN!!!" just as he sees the pale orc veer in for the kill. he picks up the severed arm of an orc which is lying on the ground, swings it up in desperation, effectively blocking the pale orc's blow. and thus, forever after, fili is known as "fili orc-enshield."

this earns him deep respect from his hard-to-please uncle. as well as a hug. kili wipes his boots on the pale orc's glory box. -- maciliel telpemairo

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2013, 12:55pm

Post #5 of 63 (257 views)
Shortcut
did you move it [In reply to] Can't Post

.... to the arena board?

i think i'd like to see...

online kitchens vs. gothmog

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2013, 1:00pm

Post #6 of 63 (258 views)
Shortcut
ok [In reply to] Can't Post

i +did+ put this eternal question up on the arena board...

online kitchens vs. gothmog

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Jul 4 2013, 4:18am

Post #7 of 63 (234 views)
Shortcut
I still think it's perfect for Fiesta Friday [In reply to] Can't Post

Virtual kitchen for a virtual feast!

Angelic

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Jul 4 2013, 4:45am

Post #8 of 63 (275 views)
Shortcut
fantastic [In reply to] Can't Post

: )

i can't wait to find out how my silmaril torte comes out. this time, i added a little mace than last time.

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Jul 6 2013, 3:50am

Post #9 of 63 (203 views)
Shortcut
Could it be cloven with the mace? [In reply to] Can't Post

I always get caraway with puns.

Evil

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 6 2013, 3:54am

Post #10 of 63 (218 views)
Shortcut
Only when it's the thyme to. // [In reply to] Can't Post

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 6 2013, 2:55pm

Post #11 of 63 (271 views)
Shortcut
(*snicker*) [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I always get caraway with puns.

Evil

Don't get too caraway, or you may share the fate of the Ground Sage... Sly

Coming soon!- The first TORn Amateur Symposium, starts Sunday 21st July in the Reading Room. Closing date for essay submission Sunday 14th July, but even if you don't submit, join us for some interesting discussion on some different and personal ways of looking at Tolkien's work.

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Jul 8 2013, 2:42am

Post #12 of 63 (166 views)
Shortcut
-snack? :D Don't worry, I mint no harm. [In reply to] Can't Post

I'll just borage around and see if I can find that Sage.

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Jul 8 2013, 2:43am

Post #13 of 63 (162 views)
Shortcut
You mean Lady Parsley's Sage, [In reply to] Can't Post

Rosemary?
Angelic

dernwyn
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 8 2013, 10:14am

Post #14 of 63 (183 views)
Shortcut
I shan't curry favors with you! [In reply to] Can't Post

(Or would that be "flavors"? Angelic)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I desired dragons with a profound desire"

Silverlode
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jul 8 2013, 9:16pm

Post #15 of 63 (156 views)
Shortcut
The problem with online kitchens on a Tolkien forum [In reply to] Can't Post

is that you always end up with too many Tooks in the kitchen! You wouldn't believe the mess, it's almost as bad as dwarves in the pantry.

Silverlode

"Dark is the water of Kheled-zâram, and cold are the springs of Kibil-nâla, and fair were the many-pillared halls of Khazad-dűm in Elder Days before the fall of mighty kings beneath the stone."

Inferno
Superuser / Moderator

Jul 8 2013, 10:11pm

Post #16 of 63 (180 views)
Shortcut
Too many Tooks spoiled the broth? [In reply to] Can't Post

Course, as any hobbit-loving Troll will tell you, there's always room for more Grubb.

Inferno.

======================
Good night, tOR.Nados. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely delete you in the morning.
======================

NottaSackville
Tol Eressea

Jul 9 2013, 3:06pm

Post #17 of 63 (118 views)
Shortcut
Pun threads appeal to people's basil instincts [In reply to] Can't Post

Happiness: money matters, but less than we think and not in the way that we think. Family is important and so are friends, while envy is toxic -- and so is excessive thinking. Beaches are optional. Trust is not. Neither is gratitude. - The Geography of Bliss by Eric Weiner as summarized by Lily Fairbairn. And a bit of the Hobbit reading thrown in never hurts. - NottaSackville

Ethel Duath
Valinor

Jul 9 2013, 3:34pm

Post #18 of 63 (116 views)
Shortcut
Or elves discussing recipes-- [In reply to] Can't Post

"Should I put baking soda or baking powder in this?" "Well, I would say both no and yes." Sly

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 9 2013, 3:45pm

Post #19 of 63 (108 views)
Shortcut
But they always seem to paprika the mood of the boards. / [In reply to] Can't Post

Revenge is a dish best served with pinto beans and muffins.

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 9 2013, 4:11pm

Post #20 of 63 (106 views)
Shortcut
An ecuminical question...// [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
"Should I put baking soda or baking powder in this?" "Well, I would say both no and yes." Sly

Coming soon!- The first TORn Amateur Symposium, starts Sunday 21st July in the Reading Room. Closing date for essay submission Sunday 14th July, but even if you don't submit, join us for some interesting discussion on some different and personal ways of looking at Tolkien's work.

Inferno
Superuser / Moderator

Jul 9 2013, 7:41pm

Post #21 of 63 (95 views)
Shortcut
I hope this thread doesn't need dill-letion. // [In reply to] Can't Post

======================
Good night, tOR.Nados. Good work. Sleep well. I'll most likely delete you in the morning.
======================

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 9 2013, 7:56pm

Post #22 of 63 (89 views)
Shortcut
Why? Is the board saffron because of it? / [In reply to] Can't Post

Maciliel
Tol Eressea

Jul 9 2013, 7:59pm

Post #23 of 63 (107 views)
Shortcut
are you people [In reply to] Can't Post

are you people trying to curry favor with me, posting your sage advice on this thread?

i have had a great thyme reading it, as the tone is mallow, and less spicy than that of the hobbit board. i think we are doing a great job of fenneling out the more piquant comments.

cheers --

aka. fili orc-enshield
+++++++++++++++++++

Darkstone
Immortal

Jul 9 2013, 8:12pm

Post #24 of 63 (88 views)
Shortcut
Sometimes we do get a bit caraway. / [In reply to] Can't Post

CuriousG
Valinor

Jul 9 2013, 9:11pm

Post #25 of 63 (91 views)
Shortcut
I'm intimidated by the magnificence of these puns [In reply to] Can't Post

I mint to say they have a chili effect on my creatiivity.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.