Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
V-log #11 Screencaps
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

DarkJackal
Rohan

Jul 3 2013, 12:47am

Post #1 of 28 (1665 views)
Shortcut
V-log #11 Screencaps Can't Post

Over 350 screenshots from the new v-log. Have fun!

http://thorinoakenshield.net/...v-log-11-screencaps/

The Hobbit Photo Gallery

Subaruman
Bree

Jul 3 2013, 12:58am

Post #2 of 28 (634 views)
Shortcut
Thanks DJ!// [In reply to] Can't Post

"Here is a book very unsuitable for dramatic or semi-dramatic representation. If that is attempted, it needs more space, a lot of space."

- J.R.R. Tolkien, 1956

Voronwë_the_Faithful
Valinor

Jul 3 2013, 1:05am

Post #3 of 28 (655 views)
Shortcut
You da best! [In reply to] Can't Post

As I have said before.

'But very bright were the stars upon the margin of the world, when at times the clouds about the West were drawn aside.'

The Hall of Fire

The Grey Elf
Gondor

Jul 3 2013, 1:22am

Post #4 of 28 (642 views)
Shortcut
3 5 0 ! ! ! Awe-sum! [In reply to] Can't Post

What Voronwë said, seconded. Smile

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 3 2013, 1:22am

Post #5 of 28 (629 views)
Shortcut
Such a Great Service you Provide..DJ!/// [In reply to] Can't Post

Lusitano
Tol Eressea

Jul 3 2013, 1:24am

Post #6 of 28 (635 views)
Shortcut
i get that youre excited [In reply to] Can't Post

but seriously...

The language on you Tongue

Vous commencez à m'ennuyer avec le port!!!

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jul 3 2013, 1:57am

Post #7 of 28 (613 views)
Shortcut
Bless you, I had been checking and awaiting your deeds. I knew you would [In reply to] Can't Post

be coming through with the good works. Wink

In Reply To
Over 350 screenshots from the new v-log. Have fun!

http://thorinoakenshield.net/...v-log-11-screencaps/

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

redgiraffe
Rohan

Jul 3 2013, 1:58am

Post #8 of 28 (656 views)
Shortcut
Yes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Thanks, DJ! I've been waiting for these.

-Sir are you classified as human
-Negative, I am a meat-popsicle

DarkJackal
Rohan

Jul 3 2013, 3:13am

Post #9 of 28 (562 views)
Shortcut
It's tradition! // [In reply to] Can't Post

The Hobbit Photo Gallery

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 3 2013, 3:15am

Post #10 of 28 (625 views)
Shortcut
By... my Beard? [In reply to] Can't Post

SumthinODD?
The Dis-Construction
of the Dwarve's Beards
is a Sight to BeHold!

Bomby VOTES
Bombur's Beard!

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jul 3 2013, 6:09am

Post #11 of 28 (522 views)
Shortcut
Indeed it is my friend. [In reply to] Can't Post

And a good and proud one.

In Reply To

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 3 2013, 9:06am

Post #12 of 28 (518 views)
Shortcut
I think Bombadil mentioned this before - is this a statue between Gandalf and Radagast? [In reply to] Can't Post

Link.

Perhaps outside the Ringwraith tombs?

Thanks so much DarkJackal. Much appreciated.

Smile

Coming soon! The first TORn Amateur Symposium, starts Sunday 21st July in the Reading Room. Closing date for essay submission Sunday 14th July, but even if you don't submit, join us for some interesting discussion on some different and personal ways of looking at Tolkien's work.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Jul 3 2013, 9:42am

Post #13 of 28 (517 views)
Shortcut
Yes I thought that too... I also noticed some more things. [In reply to] Can't Post

01.) These Gundabad Orcs (TABA) look similar to the Mordor Orcs (ROTK) from the Battle of Minas Tirith

02.) Tauriel and Kili together.. think what you wanna think ;-)

03.) Elves in Lake Town chasing the Orcs?

04. Gandalf and Thrain (behind the skeleton) in Dol Guldur

05. Gandalf following Thrain in Dol Guldur

06.) Lot's of redhead Elves. It does seem to be a Silvan Elf thing doesn't it?

07.) Gandalf with his AUJ staff in winter Dale. Before he loses it.

08.) Gandalf fighting with his FOTR/Radagast staff in winter Dale. After he lost his own one.

09.) Fire and ice in Lake Town

10.) Lake Town armor/swords look similar to Rohirrim armor/swords. After all both people of Men are descendants of the Northmen, am I correct? So it might be logical.

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Glorfindela
Valinor

Jul 3 2013, 9:54am

Post #14 of 28 (493 views)
Shortcut
Thanks very much for posting this, DarkJackal [In reply to] Can't Post

It's so difficult to see any detail in vlogs and trailers – this really helps.

Great shots of Thorin, Thranduil and Lake Town – in fact all the sets look really promising.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 3 2013, 12:44pm

Post #15 of 28 (433 views)
Shortcut
Bomby should have Backed up his Claim? [In reply to] Can't Post

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug-production-diary-11-mp4_000367450.jpg

Bombur's Beard is coming unBraided!

(This post was edited by Bombadil on Jul 3 2013, 12:48pm)

Aitieuriskon
Lorien

Jul 3 2013, 1:40pm

Post #16 of 28 (409 views)
Shortcut
I like the conscious decision to connect the two groups of northmen [In reply to] Can't Post

Just as the horse was the primary motif represented in Rohan's art, it looks like various types of birds appear in that of Dale.

"After all, I believe that legends and myths are largely made of 'truth', and indeed present aspects of it that can only be received in this mode; and long ago certain truths and modes of this kind were discovered and must always reappear." Professor Tolkien, 1951

TheSexyBeard
Lorien

Jul 3 2013, 4:51pm

Post #17 of 28 (332 views)
Shortcut
Cheers Dark Jackal! [In reply to] Can't Post

In this screen, Thorin seems to be hanging of some kind of crane, and is caught by Nori. The Lighting suggest fire so maybe this is when Smaug breaks out the mountain.

Dwalin seems to be operating some heavy machinery here and here. Maybe it's the rumoured artillery or possible the crane Thorin is seen using.

Yes, my username is terrible.

(This post was edited by TheSexyBeard on Jul 3 2013, 4:53pm)

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 3 2013, 4:56pm

Post #18 of 28 (331 views)
Shortcut
Thanks DJ!!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I like the focused ferocity in Thranduil, and now I see the scratches on his face there - so hard to really see in full speed.

Wonderful work and highly appreciated!!!!! Angelic

Coming soon!- The first TORn Amateur Symposium, starts Sunday 21st July in the Reading Room. Closing date for essay submission Sunday 14th July, but even if you don't submit, join us for some interesting discussion on some different and personal ways of looking at Tolkien's work.

Skaan
Lorien

Jul 3 2013, 5:02pm

Post #19 of 28 (340 views)
Shortcut
Bilbo seems to be having some kind of wounds on his face [In reply to] Can't Post

Perhaps they're burn wounds from Smaug? Although they don't appear to be red or anything

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/2013/07/untitled-9-copy.jpg

(This post was edited by Skaan on Jul 3 2013, 5:02pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 3 2013, 5:13pm

Post #20 of 28 (341 views)
Shortcut
Re: Thorin and Nori shot [In reply to] Can't Post

This bit looks like one of the contraptions the Dwarves used to mine the Mountain (from this scene. It's also very similar to the part you pointed out (Thorin and Nori). I'm guessing some sort of drama occurs in the mine - perhaps that's where the Dwarves fight Smaug (or part of the BO5A?)

Coming soon! The first TORn Amateur Symposium, starts Sunday 21st July in the Reading Room. Closing date for essay submission Sunday 14th July, but even if you don't submit, join us for some interesting discussion on some different and personal ways of looking at Tolkien's work.

Otaku-sempai
Half-elven

Jul 3 2013, 5:48pm

Post #21 of 28 (313 views)
Shortcut
The hair of PJ's Silvan Elves [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
06.) Lot's of redhead Elves. It does seem to be a Silvan Elf thing doesn't it?

The Silvan Elves have hair that changes color with the seasons. Right now, many have red hair because it is autumn/early winter!

'There are older and fouler things than Orcs in the deep places of the world.' - Gandalf the Grey, The Fellowship of the Ring

ShireHorse
Rohan

Jul 3 2013, 8:28pm

Post #22 of 28 (272 views)
Shortcut
What about Thorin's face? [In reply to] Can't Post

It's covered in blood where they appear to be retreating from Smaug.

http://heirsofdurin.files.wordpress.com/...untitled-10-copy.jpg

Good point about the contraption that he swings from, Daniel. I had been wondering about that.

TheSexyBeard
Lorien

Jul 3 2013, 9:47pm

Post #23 of 28 (228 views)
Shortcut
Good eye! [In reply to] Can't Post

Completely forgot about the miner's perches (ironic considering my avatar is a miner), It does look very similar indeed. It does look this this scene could be part of the Dwarves attempt to oust Smaug.

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 3 2013, 10:50pm

Post #24 of 28 (220 views)
Shortcut
Thorin and the Dragon [In reply to] Can't Post

Remember there's that part of the book where Smaug comes flying out (after Bilbo ticks him off with the whole riddle deal) and he flies around the mountain looking for them flaming everything in his path. I think this may be what Jackson is filming here in some capacity (whether it's inside the mountain or outside). Remember they had to bring up Bombur and Bofur who were down in the valley.

'Roused by these words they were just about to creep inside the tunnel when Bifur gave a cry: “My cousins! Bombur and Bofur—we have forgotten them, they are down in the valley!”

"“Nonsense!” said Thorin, recovering his dignity. “We cannot leave them. Get inside Mr. Baggins and Balin, and you two Fili and Kili—the dragon shan’t have all of us. Now you others, where are the ropes? Be quick!”

Those were perhaps the worst moments they had been through yet. The horrible sounds of Smaug’s anger were echoing in the stony hollows far above; at any moment he might come blazing down or fly whirling round and find them there, near the perilous cliff’s edge hauling madly on the ropes. Up came Bofur, and still all was safe. Up came Bombur, puffing and blowing while the ropes creaked, and still all was safe. Up came some tools and bundles of stores, and then danger was upon them.

A whirring noise was heard. A red light touched the points of standing rocks. The dragon came.

They had barely time to fly back to the tunnel, pulling and dragging in their bundles, when Smaug came hurtling from the North, licking the mountain-sides with flame, beating his great wings with a noise like a roaring wind. His hot breath shrivelled the grass before the door, and drove in through the crack they had left and scorched them as they lay hid."

The Hobbit - Inside Information

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

TheSexyBeard
Lorien

Jul 3 2013, 10:59pm

Post #25 of 28 (194 views)
Shortcut
Cheers for the quote! [In reply to] Can't Post

Not read the book in ages, the quote you supplied was awesome! It does seem possible Thorin and Nori's crane adventure could be inspired by this segment. Could be they've already retrieved Bofur and Bombor and there the last two to escape. The lighting does suggest there could be fire about, in which cause Smaug has already scorched the side of the mountain. Could be quite an exciting scene and offer Bifur a small character moment if it makes it to film.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.