Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Gandalf fights with a new staff in 1:57~1:59!!

djm008
The Shire

Jul 2 2013, 8:04pm

Post #1 of 9 (913 views)
Shortcut
Gandalf fights with a new staff in 1:57~1:59!! Can't Post

Hi,

In the production blog Gandalf fights with a new staff in 1:57~1:59!!
Is this a movie error??

Kind regards!

deskp
Lorien

Jul 2 2013, 8:28pm

Post #2 of 9 (519 views)
Shortcut
no [In reply to] Can't Post

If it's radagasts staff then it's not an error, we've seen him riding around with that in earlier blog. I guess the assumption is he gets it before BO5A

Rostron2
Gondor

Jul 2 2013, 10:44pm

Post #3 of 9 (359 views)
Shortcut
More for the conspiracy theories ! // [In reply to] Can't Post

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jul 3 2013, 12:18am

Post #4 of 9 (342 views)
Shortcut
Interestingly there is a scene where he is leaning on the staff from film 1 while in dale, [In reply to] Can't Post

but there is no battle, and while there is snow aground, it is not snowing. My hope is that they are two seperate scenes, though I suppose there is the possibility that they just have a moment where someone had handed him the wrong staff. lol.

If that image is NOT an error, and perhaps correlates to he and Bilbo meeting with Legolas or something akin, then it may be reasonable to infer that we see Dale on multiple occassions, perhaps at different points in films II and 3, and that when we see Gandalf there the first time it may be after his singular investigation in Dol Guldur, which he may well survive with his staff intact. The second may be a footage from The Battle of Five Armies, which will add up if he lost his first staff in the siege of Dol Guldur and Radagast gave his as replacement.

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jul 3 2013, 6:22am

Post #5 of 9 (296 views)
Shortcut
No doubt. *SPOILER* [In reply to] Can't Post

I can tell you with 100% certainty that that is Radagast's staff. McCoy himself said the staff was a big deal in the movies. The real question is how does Gandalf get it??

FlameOFtheWEST
The Shire

Jul 3 2013, 2:51pm

Post #6 of 9 (210 views)
Shortcut
your answer could be here [In reply to] Can't Post

In An Unexpected Journey, Gandalfs staff is not damaged and in uniform. In the Fellowship of the ring, his staff is very damaged. In The Desolation of Smaug, Gandalf and Radagast Go to Dol Goldur To see what evil lies there.If you look at Gandalf's staff from FOTR, it looks A LOT like Radagast's staff. This could mean something bad could happen to Radagast. Some speculate he will become the Moth that was in LOTR. Radagast the Brown says to Gandalf in The Fellowship of the Ring book that he would send any messengers for help. Many believe that The Moth was inserted in the movie as a tribute to Radagast, who doesn't appear. Many argue that The Moth may be a messenger of Radagast or even Radagast himself. Tell me what you think will happen. Links to pics below-
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8235/8506835060_a5f0a093de_o.jpg
-http://www-images.theonering.org/torwp/wp-content/uploads/2011/12/staves.jpg

(This post was edited by FlameOFtheWEST on Jul 3 2013, 2:56pm)

djm008
The Shire

Jul 3 2013, 4:40pm

Post #7 of 9 (143 views)
Shortcut
So no movie mistake? [In reply to] Can't Post

MouthofSauron
Tol Eressea

Jul 3 2013, 5:41pm

Post #8 of 9 (123 views)
Shortcut
i don't think they're that stupid...they know whose staff belongs to who [In reply to] Can't Post

it would almost be like if they put Saruman's beard on Gandalf.

take me down to the woodland realm where the trees are green and the elf women are pretty....Oh will you please take me home!!

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 3 2013, 7:45pm

Post #9 of 9 (125 views)
Shortcut
Well, then what do you ALL make of the Aquamarine Crystal? [In reply to] Can't Post

Nested?
in his Staff!
It FINALLY drew
The BlackSpell into his Crystal?
Saving Sebastian...

Maybe this needs another Thread...But What'sUP with THAT!
The Crystal absorbed... this WitchCraft?
When all else? Failed..

Bomby's
a Bit Bewildered..

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.