Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
DoS rivalling FotR in terms of adventure feel?

Skaan
Lorien

Jul 1 2013, 9:41pm

Views: 896
Shortcut
DoS rivalling FotR in terms of adventure feel? Can't Post

One of the things i greatly enjoyed in the FotR movie, was the sense of adventure. You had Sam and Frodo heading out of the Shire and travelling to Bree, the Fellowship heading out on it's quest and going through the mountains and into Moria, etc etc. And, even though i loved these movies aswell, TTT and RotK kinda lacked this a bit imo (because they focused more on the war).

Does anyone else think DoS might rival FotR in this? I'm not saying it'll be better or anything, but i just think there's enough material in it to really give you that same cozy and adventurous feel like FotR did.

We have:
-The company getting off the Carrock (assuming they'll show this in the movie)
-Travelling to Beorn
-Resting in Beorn's house
-Leaving Beorn's house and heading out to Mirkwood
-Entering Mirkwood and passing through it
-Travelling to Laketown after the barrel sequence
-Leaving Laketown and heading out to Dale and the Lonely Mountain
-Climbing the statue (and perhaps searching for it first) to reach the hidden door

Seems like there's plenty of adventurous moments to come. What do you think?

Subject User Time
DoS rivalling FotR in terms of adventure feel? Skaan Send a private message to Skaan Jul 1 2013, 9:41pm
    and don't forget about the Elven stronghold in Mirkwood! MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jul 2 2013, 3:45am
    Yes, I think it's quite an adventure! Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Jul 2 2013, 3:58am
        agreed, however.. MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jul 2 2013, 7:56am
            Im not so sure Arandir Send a private message to Arandir Jul 2 2013, 10:21am
            Yeah I think you're probably right Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Jul 2 2013, 3:25pm
                I always thought Smaug would last until TABA Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Jul 2 2013, 3:53pm
                    Going by all the changes - Hanzkaz Jul 4 2013, 5:00am
                i think that they would have to give us some dragon fire.. MouthofSauron Send a private message to MouthofSauron Jul 2 2013, 6:00pm
                Hmm, well..... *SPOILERS* dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jul 2 2013, 6:11pm
                    *****SPOILER**** Smaug in TABA prolouge? FlameOFtheWEST Send a private message to FlameOFtheWEST Jul 3 2013, 2:29pm
    Don't forget Glorfindel, he... Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Jul 2 2013, 4:39pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.