Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
New vlog from Peter Jackson!!
First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

CathrineB
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 6:13pm

Post #26 of 157 (1398 views)
Shortcut
I adore Lee Pace, but... [In reply to] Can't Post

... that hairdo O_o A little "2006" if you know what I mean Sly

That being said I'm just getting more and more excited for this! I hoep there's another blog soon!

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 6:14pm

Post #27 of 157 (1498 views)
Shortcut
Spoiler list after first view [In reply to] Can't Post

Here are a few things I've noticed during my first view of it. I think there's much more when I rewatch it later:

DOL GULDUR
- Gandalf is following Thrain through Dol Guldur
- Gandalf reveals his fear about the Necromancer to Radagast before or after their visit (I think it's before)
- Radagast again rolls the R very strong

WOODLAND REALM
- Thranduil wears a lot of different costumes... it seems to be an Elven thing ;-)
- Legolas and Tauriel riding one horse haven't they more?
- Thranduils silver armor looks amazing in action
- The Elven armor from Thranduils army looks even better reminded me a little bit of the Lorien armor at Helms Deep

DALE
- The set is just great, especially with the snow
- Gandalf, Bilbo, Tauriel and Legolas Greenleaf meet in Dale but when? Is it the Arkenstone scene? Or is it from the second movie? But what is Gandalf doing there if it's not the Arkenstone scene?

GUNDABAD ORCS
- Lot's of prothetic Orcs. That's how we like them!
- Armor looks a little like the Mordor Orc armor but it was only a very brief shot

LAKE TOWN
- Looks again amazing. Already one of my favourite places in Middle-earth

In the end: A fantastic but short vlog, can't wait for the next one.

Only thing to say: Again almost no Bilbo but again lot's of Legolas, Tauriel and Thranduil

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

Welsh hero
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 6:16pm

Post #28 of 157 (1200 views)
Shortcut
I even posted in that thread [In reply to] Can't Post

Blush

-Irfon

Twitter: @IrfonPennant
middle earth timeline FB: https://www.facebook.com/MiddleEarth1

Danielos
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 6:16pm

Post #29 of 157 (1249 views)
Shortcut
Some thoughts [In reply to] Can't Post

Evangeline Lilly is so pretty!

Why can´t we ever see anything of Mikael Persbrandt? As a fellow Swede, I can´t bear this wait!

Hopefully these next two movies will be better planned and executed, since they are now shot and edited with a trilogy in mind!

TheHutt
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 6:21pm

Post #30 of 157 (1193 views)
Shortcut
Transcript anyone? [In reply to] Can't Post

Especially in the conversations with the studio staff it's rather hard to understand them...

Russian LOTR & Hobbit Site: Henneth-Annun.ru

Owain
Tol Eressea

Jul 1 2013, 6:31pm

Post #31 of 157 (1211 views)
Shortcut
I really appreciate that they continue... [In reply to] Can't Post

to take the time to engage us, the fans.

To have this kind of access to the process, behind the scenes, and show us as much as they do... all while having fun with it, is very unique.

In an extremely demanding industry, it shows a lot of confidence and risk, to expose your artistry to the masses before the work is finished. They walk a very fine line of teasing us and giving us just enough, without spoiling it all. To me, they've walked that line very well. I always come away from the vlogs with a smile and a lot of anticipation for the next one... and of course an even greater excitement (if possible) of seeing the final movie(s).

As I've maintained in previous posts, I think AUJ was excellent and created the necessary expository setup. The Hobbit is deceivingly deep for a "children's tale".

The decision to make 3 movies is not a mistake in my book.

I believe this next movie is going to be huge. I certainly hope so. I can't wait to see it.

Smile

Middle Earth is New Zealand!

"Question everything, embrace the bad, and hold on to the good."

Elenorflower
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 6:31pm

Post #32 of 157 (1250 views)
Shortcut
Thranduil [In reply to] Can't Post

looks fantastic, very mean and moody. The Dale set is very beautiful too.

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 6:33pm

Post #33 of 157 (1272 views)
Shortcut
Concerning the reveal... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Here are a few things I've noticed during my first view of it. I think there's much more when I rewatch it later:

DOL GULDUR
- Gandalf is following Thrain through Dol Guldur
- Gandalf reveals his fear about the Necromancer to Radagast before or after their visit (I think it's before)
- Radagast again rolls the R very strong

WOODLAND REALM
- Thranduil wears a lot of different costumes... it seems to be an Elven thing ;-)
- Legolas and Tauriel riding one horse haven't they more?
- Thranduils silver armor looks amazing in action
- The Elven armor from Thranduils army looks even better reminded me a little bit of the Lorien armor at Helms Deep

DALE
- The set is just great, especially with the snow
- Gandalf, Bilbo, Tauriel and Legolas Greenleaf meet in Dale but when? Is it the Arkenstone scene? Or is it from the second movie? But what is Gandalf doing there if it's not the Arkenstone scene?

GUNDABAD ORCS
- Lot's of prothetic Orcs. That's how we like them!
- Armor looks a little like the Mordor Orc armor but it was only a very brief shot

LAKE TOWN
- Looks again amazing. Already one of my favourite places in Middle-earth

In the end: A fantastic but short vlog, can't wait for the next one.

Only thing to say: Again almost no Bilbo but again lot's of Legolas, Tauriel and Thranduil

Do you think that Gandalf reveals his fear on the way to Dol Guldur or before/after the High Fells immediately ?! Before the Fells it cant really be,because Raddy apeears so suddenly there...i really believe its right after the Fells or Mirkwood.

Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 6:38pm

Post #34 of 157 (1137 views)
Shortcut
Yea I forgot about the High Fells [In reply to] Can't Post

That would be another possibility yes. We know from the live event that the two visit the tombs which where not located in Dol Guldur but Rhudaur.

In this sequence it looks not like Mirkwood or Dol Guldur too me and Gandalf doesn't look that sure either. If he was sure that Sauron is back he would be looking much more scared/worried. This could be directly after the tomb scene. His fear is: The Nazgűl escaped their tombs. Which is a "grrrrrreat danger" to the world but not as dangerous as the return of the Dark Lord himself... we'll see but I think it might be after the High Fells scene.

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 6:43pm

Post #35 of 157 (1081 views)
Shortcut
Location [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
That would be another possibility yes. We know from the live event that the two visit the tombs which where not located in Dol Guldur but Rhudaur.

In this sequence it looks not like Mirkwood or Dol Guldur too me and Gandalf doesn't look that sure either. If he was sure that Sauron is back he would be looking much more scared/worried. This could be directly after the tomb scene. His fear is: The Nazgűl escaped their tombs. Which is a "grrrrrreat danger" to the world but not as dangerous as the return of the Dark Lord himself... we'll see but I think it might be after the High Fells scene.

Btw, did we ever got some location picture from the High Fells,except the picture from the chronicles ?! I cant remember...but,if that is right after the Fells, possibly in some kind of mountains, there is also a tree,which looks really ill and diseased, a hint for Mirkwood ? On the other side, where Gandalfs stands there are rocks,which could be a hint for mountains or the area around the High Fells.

MEIGWIT
Bree

Jul 1 2013, 6:46pm

Post #36 of 157 (1150 views)
Shortcut
Dwarves encounter Smaug [In reply to] Can't Post

I guess this vlog confirms that the dwarves do encounter Smaug in the film and not just Bilbo. There is a shot of the dwarves backing away on set and there is intense red and orange flickering light pushing them backwards, indicating that Smaug and the party have a confrontation of some sort or maybe they see him as he seethingly bursts out of Erebor towards lake town, either of which I believe is an improvement on the book! the shot is at 1:54 into the vlog if you care to give your take on it!

It is the little things in life that keep the darkness at bay.

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 1 2013, 6:49pm

Post #37 of 157 (1064 views)
Shortcut
A little longer than a month, I expect. [In reply to] Can't Post

Only a couple of the actors have finished their pickups (Bloom, Lilly and McKellen). There are still a number of weeks to go.

I don't expect the next one until the end of August, at the earliest.

Smile

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 1 2013, 6:53pm

Post #38 of 157 (1024 views)
Shortcut
People are on it, but it will take time. [In reply to] Can't Post

I started my own, but I couldn't quite make out a couple of words/phrases.

If there's anything specific, I can try to be of some help until a full transcript is posted.

Smile

NoelGallagher
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 7:01pm

Post #39 of 157 (1075 views)
Shortcut
wasnt it [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
Felt more like 5. Wink Probably the most hilarious moment (Dwarvercising) shown in any of the previous production videos. It's a shame that there won't be any footage shown at Comic-Con this year - but like PJ says, I'd rather they concentrated on filming the film, than pleasing the fans.

I didn't catch anything particularly spoiler-y, did anyone else? Will have to watch it again, but more closely. It suggested to me that Tauriel, Legolas and Gandalf meet Bilbo in Dale? Perhaps this is the moment Bilbo hands over the Arkenstone? And where there 3 people (wizards?) walking around Dol Guldur?

Smile

just the cinematographer,right after Gandalf ?! But if so,where is Radagast then ???

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 1 2013, 7:04pm

Post #40 of 157 (1056 views)
Shortcut
Bummer but understandable [In reply to] Can't Post

I wish they were to going to be at Comic-Con as I rather enjoyed the panel last year but I'd rather them make another awesome movie. So you gotta give up something to get something I suppose.

Bombadil
Half-elven

Jul 1 2013, 7:06pm

Post #41 of 157 (999 views)
Shortcut
Yippie! [In reply to] Can't Post

Chris Henna looks Awesome,
..Dan Henna is so lucky!
She reminds Bomby of my Goldberry
(Goldberry would have been,
73 years old last December)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 1 2013, 7:07pm

Post #42 of 157 (976 views)
Shortcut
Comic Con [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah I am not surprised they aren't going. I figured it would be tight with all the finishing to do on both of the final 2 movies. There are no pickups next year I believe so they need to get it done now. That's a lot to crunch in between now and December and the actors are only available for a certain amount of time. That and i think a lot of the cast had other commitments so it was tough to get people for a panel. It's all good.

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Eleniel
Grey Havens

Jul 1 2013, 7:07pm

Post #43 of 157 (1138 views)
Shortcut
Anyone else notice... [In reply to] Can't Post

Kili and Tauriel together at around 2:10?

perhaps they were rehearsing a scene for the romance subplot... Wink

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
Ż Victoria Monfort

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 1 2013, 7:16pm

Post #44 of 157 (1006 views)
Shortcut
What if it is an elk? [In reply to] Can't Post

I was thinking that it was probably something besides a horse since the two of them are able to ride together (not that this can't happen on a regular horse). I think it could be one of the giant elks, which would make it a nice continuity with the AUJ prologue.

Of course, it could just be a horse in the film. Other actors in LOTR actually did something similar for the close-ups. Liv Tyler and David Wenham both rode fake horses at one time or another.

"...not till now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall.
As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last.
For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men,
it is bitter to receive." -Arwen Undómiel

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 1 2013, 7:17pm

Post #45 of 157 (960 views)
Shortcut
Yup, looks like a cameraman, Gandalf and Thrain. [In reply to] Can't Post

When I first watched it (and because it was so brief), I thought I saw Saruman, Gandalf and Radagast. Wishful thinking, and all that. Wink

tarasaurus
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 7:22pm

Post #46 of 157 (965 views)
Shortcut
oh man... [In reply to] Can't Post

I didn't notice it, but that's probably the only thing that could bother me about this movie >_< I'll have to go watch it again!

Elessar
Valinor

Jul 1 2013, 7:23pm

Post #47 of 157 (916 views)
Shortcut
Close call [In reply to] Can't Post

Yeah, I figured it would be a close call to have something for a panel but assumed they would be there. I had read a few things that said there would be a panel. So it appears this was a last minute change to be honest. So like you said with all that has to be done I'd rather they nail the movies than worry about a panel.

sycorax82
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 7:35pm

Post #48 of 157 (951 views)
Shortcut
Getting much more of a LOTR vibe from this shooting! [In reply to] Can't Post

AUJ felt too small for me. Yes, there were some big CGI shots and location vistas but all that was more like window dressing with very little real drama going on.

This reshoots/pickups look far more solid and intense. It's Pirates of the Caribbean time with Laketown! :D

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 1 2013, 7:37pm

Post #49 of 157 (852 views)
Shortcut
Agree [In reply to] Can't Post

As much as I'd like to see them at comic con (and I suspect they will be there next year with bells on as they say) I want them to get the movies done and done right so yeah I'll take it. Now I will admit if they don't show next year I will be disappointed. I think they will be though. For one thing I know some of the cast, like Freeman, had commitments when Comic con was taking place (Ep 3 of Sherlock is scheduled to be filmed then) and also I think some of the dwarf cast did as well so they just couldn't make it. Plenty of time to plan for next year and I'm sure TABA is going to go forth with a bang and they will throw all they have and the kitchen sink into rolling out the publicity for it. So it's all good and we can look forward to some great movies!

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Ardamírë
Valinor

Jul 1 2013, 7:39pm

Post #50 of 157 (900 views)
Shortcut
Bain [In reply to] Can't Post

I really liked seeing Bain! I think he's going to be a great addition to Bard's backstory. I wonder if he'll have a wife, too? Have we heard anything at all about Bain's mother?

"...not till now have I understood the tale of your people and their fall.
As wicked fools I scorned them, but I pity them at last.
For if this is indeed, as the Eldar say, the gift of the One to Men,
it is bitter to receive." -Arwen Undómiel

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.