Immortal

Jul 1 2013, 5:02pm

Post #1 of 157 (5486 views)
Shortcut
New vlog from Peter Jackson!! Can't Post

Link.

Enjoy!

ShockedLaugh

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Jul 1 2013, 5:03pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 1 2013, 5:16pm

Post #2 of 157 (2765 views)
Shortcut
That was a quick 10 minutes! [In reply to] Can't Post

Felt more like 5. Wink Probably the most hilarious moment (Dwarvercising) shown in any of the previous production videos. It's a shame that there won't be any footage shown at Comic-Con this year - but like PJ says, I'd rather they concentrated on filming the film, than pleasing the fans.

I didn't catch anything particularly spoiler-y, did anyone else? Will have to watch it again, but more closely. It suggested to me that Tauriel, Legolas and Gandalf meet Bilbo in Dale? Perhaps this is the moment Bilbo hands over the Arkenstone? And where there 3 people (wizards?) walking around Dol Guldur?

Smile

(This post was edited by DanielLB on Jul 1 2013, 5:18pm)

Ham_Sammy
Tol Eressea

Jul 1 2013, 5:16pm

Post #3 of 157 (2700 views)
Shortcut
Loved it! [In reply to] Can't Post

Dwarvercise! LMAO!

Thank you for your questions, now go sod off and do something useful - Martin Freeman Twitter chat 3/1/13

Welsh hero
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 5:21pm

Post #4 of 157 (2694 views)
Shortcut
Was it ever announced Bain was in the film [In reply to] Can't Post

don't remember it being announced........

-Irfon

Twitter: @IrfonPennant
middle earth timeline FB: https://www.facebook.com/MiddleEarth1

(This post was edited by Welsh hero on Jul 1 2013, 5:25pm)

Delrond
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 5:22pm

Post #5 of 157 (2625 views)
Shortcut
Cool. [In reply to] Can't Post

Thoroughly enjoyed that. Smile

A few harmless flakes working together can unleash an avalanche of destruction.

Eleniel
Tol Eressea

Jul 1 2013, 5:25pm

Post #6 of 157 (2784 views)
Shortcut
Have to say the funniest thing for me... [In reply to] Can't Post

...was Evangeline Lilly's expressions as she faked riding behind Legolas. Still can't decide if she was supposed to be acting, seriously, or whether she was sending the whole thing up! Laugh

"Choosing Trust over Doubt gets me burned once in a while, but I'd rather be singed than hardened."
¯ Victoria Monfort

CathrineB
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 5:26pm

Post #7 of 157 (2686 views)
Shortcut
Awesome! [In reply to] Can't Post

It sure didn't feel like ten minutes at all!

The dwarf yoga thing ... omg hahahha I love these guys!
Thranduil in that armour! So we'll see him fight in DOS?

Why are Legolas and Tauriel on a fake horse? I don't feel like complaining about the overuse of CGI (I mean that is done everywhere), but in LotR they placed their actors on actual horses (you know, they do exsist unlike giant extint elks) and have them gallop down fields or sit on those horse barrel thingies. I miss that.

Did you guys notice Fili holding Kili up in the video? Orc wound has to come from there somewhere then!

Shagrat
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 5:27pm

Post #8 of 157 (2628 views)
Shortcut
Mmmm [In reply to] Can't Post

Didn't really get much out of this one. Some terrible, corny humour (it was!) and the music was awful - where's the Howard Shore stuff gone, either from LOTR or The Hobbit? Why the use of the trailer theme to that extent?

One thing that did intrigue me were the Orcs at 2:03, which look a heavily armoured sort. I guess this must be for the BoFA. Hopefully this means we won't see an overuse of CGI soldiers and lots of 'real' ones.

(This post was edited by Shagrat on Jul 1 2013, 5:30pm)

Welsh hero
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 5:27pm

Post #9 of 157 (2628 views)
Shortcut
Probally just easier [In reply to] Can't Post

or to shut peta up.....

-Irfon

Twitter: @IrfonPennant
middle earth timeline FB: https://www.facebook.com/MiddleEarth1

TheSexyBeard
Lorien

Jul 1 2013, 5:29pm

Post #10 of 157 (2655 views)
Shortcut
Yay! [In reply to] Can't Post

Glad to get another Vlog it has been a while!

It does look like the scene with Bilbo, Gandalf and Tauriel may be the handing over of the Arkenstone. Perhaps Thranduil is too vain to collect himself so he saids his most trusted allies? I think I saw Thrain with Gandalf in one of the Dol Guldor (it was shot of the set from above, you can see Gandalf and someone else running through it) so perhaps that was the 3rd person, it might just have been Radagast though.

Looks like part of the Battle of The Five armies will be in Dale, you can see a geared up Thranduil fighting for a second. There also seemed to be armoured prosthetic orcs that reminded me a bit of the Morgul/Morrian Orcs from the Return of the King but again it was a split second shot so don't take my word.

Lego and Tauriel on a fake horse? Wonder if it will become a giant Stag?

Yes, my username is terrible.

Shagrat
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 5:32pm

Post #11 of 157 (2611 views)
Shortcut
I'm sure it will be a giant stag [In reply to] Can't Post

Since the Empire article I think mentions Thranduil using it again.

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jul 1 2013, 5:36pm

Post #12 of 157 (2538 views)
Shortcut
You beat me by five seconds Daniel. lol. You hadn't posted this when I typed [In reply to] Can't Post

the new message. lol

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

dormouse
Half-elven

Jul 1 2013, 5:38pm

Post #13 of 157 (2575 views)
Shortcut
That was good! [In reply to] Can't Post

Loved the glimpse of Thorin playing his sword like a guitar....

And Laketown was gorgeous. And as for Bain, that's the trouble with kids. All that growing!

jf300
The Shire

Jul 1 2013, 5:39pm

Post #14 of 157 (2545 views)
Shortcut
Bain... [In reply to] Can't Post

Is the same child from Wrath of the Titans, unless I'm mistaken.

The Mitch King
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 5:40pm

Post #15 of 157 (2607 views)
Shortcut
Interesting things [In reply to] Can't Post

The Dale stuff really is intriguing. Laketown looks awesome. The orcs and elves look incredible. I also love the Erebor and Dale armories. *SPOILER* Anyone thinking Smaug will have to die in DoS? Looks like they won't have a problem with not enough material for TABA.

nhui06
Rivendell

Jul 1 2013, 5:40pm

Post #16 of 157 (2635 views)
Shortcut
Some interesting points [In reply to] Can't Post

Saw finished the VBlog, but I noticed some items:

- Seems like there will be more time spent in Dale. Interesting to see Tauriel there with the Dwarves; thought Bard was the one that takes the Dwarves there, but could it be Tauriel who runs away from home to accompany the Dwarves?

- Not sure if it is the same scene but you also see a battle at what looks like modern day (ruined) Dale at 1:59, where you see Gandalf there and Thrandruil there too in battle armor. This this a glimpse of the Battle of the 5 Armies in Dale?

- Does Gandalf wake up Thrain? There was a quick clip of Gandalf in Dol Guldur following what looks like a dwarf, who seems to be leading Gandalf around (7:56).

- Looks like Bard meets the Dwarves at the end of their river journey, but he does not look too pleased to see them.

- Bard has a son?

Anubis
Rivendell

Jul 1 2013, 5:42pm

Post #17 of 157 (2486 views)
Shortcut
Loved it. [In reply to] Can't Post

Seems like my prediction came true and there are people fighting in Dale against what seems to be orcs?

Also, nice armor designs there, although the mirkwood elves remind me a bit of the Lothlorien ones.

Edit: I thought a while ago that there was going to be a fight between Lake town and the orcs before the BOFA, unless the BOFA takes place in Dale, which seems weird.

(This post was edited by Anubis on Jul 1 2013, 5:47pm)

DanielLB
Immortal

Jul 1 2013, 5:48pm

Post #18 of 157 (2437 views)
Shortcut
Yup, all the way back in 2011 [In reply to] Can't Post

See this post, and the thread in general.

Smile

Escapist
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 5:48pm

Post #19 of 157 (2467 views)
Shortcut
Agreed about spending time on the movie itself in place of Comic Con stuff. [In reply to] Can't Post

I don't mind a few less spoilers besides.

Lily Brambleburr
The Shire

Jul 1 2013, 5:49pm

Post #20 of 157 (2438 views)
Shortcut
John Bell [In reply to] Can't Post

John Bell is the actor playing Bain.

And yes he is the child from Wrath of the Titans. Smile

"Courage is found in unlikely places." - J.R.R Tolkien

AinurOlorin
Half-elven

Jul 1 2013, 5:51pm

Post #21 of 157 (2498 views)
Shortcut
Very Excited to see Gandalf with Legolas and hoping to see him with Thranduil [In reply to] Can't Post

There hasn't been enough interaction with him and Elves who are noble but NOT nearly on par with incarnate Wizards. I also love the dynamic.

As to Dol Guldur. . . I believe what we see is Thrain leading Gandalf, which suggests it is not a Zombie of Thrain after all.

Very curious about Bilbo seemingly with Gandalf in Dale, I must say. THat is unexpected.

Thranduil looks magnificent, and Gandalf's beard looked good in a number of the clips.

Some of the other action I will haev to take A closer look at as of right now. lol

"Hear me, hounds of Sauron, Gandalf is here! Fly if you value your foul skins, I will shrivel you from tail to snout if you step within this circle!"

"Do not be to eager to deal out death in judgement. Even the very wise cannot see all ends."

Escapist
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 5:51pm

Post #22 of 157 (2417 views)
Shortcut
I loved the humor! [In reply to] Can't Post

I hope that means that even though there might be a darker and more serious tone, there will still be some of that mirth from the original story peeking through.

I laughed:
Legolas (what's on his head?) / Tauriel / Gandalf
Radagast's poo (loved his line opening the blog too - although I didn't laugh, it was just cool)
DWARVERCISE!!! SOOOO FUNNY!

tarasaurus
Rohan

Jul 1 2013, 5:52pm

Post #23 of 157 (2456 views)
Shortcut
Lmao [In reply to] Can't Post

I thought the same thing!!! She looked like she was going to bust out laughing at any moment.

I freakin' love these blogs, they crack me up and amaze me every time. I just think about all the work that goes into every single detail and I'm blown away...it would have been a dream to work on these films (and LotR).

mx6789

Jul 1 2013, 5:52pm

Post #24 of 157 (2391 views)
Shortcut
It looks great! [In reply to] Can't Post

I'm so glad to see a new vlog! I wonder if they'll go back to the principal photography of DoS for the future vlogs. I spotted this message on the wall of the studio at 2:47. If you can't read it, it says "Make tea, not love".

Jim
Rivendell

Jul 1 2013, 5:56pm

Post #25 of 157 (2432 views)
Shortcut
Just as I expected... [In reply to] Can't Post

this vlog was all about returning for pick up shooting. Since they've already finished expect another vlog around the corner, I'd say within the next month. Now going to watch it again.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.