Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
How long have you been a forum member of TORn?
First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All
Poll: How long have you been a forum member of TORn?
h
One to three Months
4 to 8 Months
9 Months to a Year
1-2 years
3-5 Years
5-8 Years
9-12 Years
Other
I honestly can't remember
View Results (58 votes)

Brethil
Half-elven

Jun 26 2013, 6:48pm

Post #26 of 44 (309 views)
Shortcut
Hahaha!! That particular doc is notorious for that sort of thing...!!! [In reply to] Can't Post

I worked on an oncology sister unit for a few years. Our above unnamed friend is a famous absent minded professor around our hospital!

As for precepting, I have seen your concerns quite often; the sad old thinking of 'eat our own young' and 'survival of the fittest.'. For myself, I absolutely adore doing it, and am always *thrilled* to work with new critical care staff; even experienced medical or CCU critical care staff who have never seen Neurosurgery (since it is really its own bizarre animal.) Its a pleasure to teach, and to learn too, and to make the profession a welcoming place. Many of my previous orientees are still in touch with me, which is such a happy connection.
You sound like a natural at it Ardamire, as you have quite the right spirit for it! Angelic You will be an asset to the profession!

Hengist
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 27 2013, 2:25pm

Post #27 of 44 (259 views)
Shortcut
It was 13 years in April for sure [In reply to] Can't Post

though maybe a couple of months more before that. SO long ago cant remember properly!

silneldor
Half-elven

Jun 28 2013, 12:54am

Post #28 of 44 (236 views)
Shortcut
5-8 year catagory [In reply to] Can't Post

and that is about the best i can do.

Sam20
Lorien

Jun 28 2013, 4:10am

Post #29 of 44 (248 views)
Shortcut
TORn Member [In reply to] Can't Post

It's been about a year and 4 months when I subscribed on the boards. I had a very bad english at first but then it got better though not perfect. I am glad I've found this site and that people never actually pointed that out to me. A very nice community of passionate people TORn is!

(This post was edited by sam90 on Jun 28 2013, 4:11am)

Ataahua
Forum Admin / Moderator

Jun 28 2013, 4:46am

Post #30 of 44 (242 views)
Shortcut
I'll tell you what, [In reply to] Can't Post

your 'not perfect' English reads just fine to me!

I'm glad you stuck around. :)

Maciliel
Valinor

Jun 28 2013, 12:54pm

Post #31 of 44 (228 views)
Shortcut
we are [In reply to] Can't Post

we are certainly glad you have you here, sam. : )

you're english is fine. : )

for myself, i'm afraid i need a little help with my elvish...

cheers --

One Ringer
Tol Eressea

Jun 29 2013, 2:35pm

Post #32 of 44 (214 views)
Shortcut
A little over six years, [In reply to] Can't Post

I joined in March 2007. As far as I remember I didn't do a whole lot of lurking. I frequented the TORn page plenty, but I think it was around the revamp of the boards that I joined, likely on account of how much it was being broadcasted on the main page. Needless to say the boards got my attention real quick when I did start to visit. Tongue

batik
Tol Eressea

Jun 29 2013, 4:09pm

Post #33 of 44 (200 views)
Shortcut
5 years as of earlier this month.... [In reply to] Can't Post

I am pretty sure I didn't lurk too long after seeing "Ringers". The experience was a bit similar to this:
“Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: "What! You too? I thought I was the only one.”
Checking into the Reading Room for discussions of LotR, TH, and TS ---- what an experience! I am very glad to see those chapter discussions still happening.

Aunt Dora Baggins
Immortal

Jun 30 2013, 4:41am

Post #34 of 44 (201 views)
Shortcut
November 2001 [In reply to] Can't Post

I followed the front page for several months before that, and even sent in some spy reports, like a scan of my Burger King crown with the Ringspell on it. One of my spy reports, about how the hobbits' theme on the new soundtrack reminded me of a famous old hymn (This is My Father's World) apparently stirred up a discussion on the boards, of whose existence I had no idea. When the front page mentioned it, I followed the link to the boards and jumped into the middle of the thread without ever introducing myself. Here's my first post.

It wasn't too many months later that I met several TORnsibs in person at a local get-together to watch the Oscars, including Altaira, who became a good friend.

I think Patty might have been around as long as Kimi, and I'm not sure about Gramma.

(This post was edited by Aunt Dora Baggins on Jun 30 2013, 4:48am)

CuriousG
Half-elven

Jun 30 2013, 4:14pm

Post #35 of 44 (188 views)
Shortcut
No, Mac, your Elvish is fine. [In reply to] Can't Post

It's when you speak Dwarvish that I stick my fingers in my ears. Sorry, you just can't do guttural.

CuriousG
Half-elven

Jun 30 2013, 4:17pm

Post #36 of 44 (190 views)
Shortcut
I never noticed [In reply to] Can't Post

that you weren't a native English speaker, Sam, so you're doing fine.

I think most people on TORN who are native English speakers don't worry about people who aren't. It's our mutual interest in Tolkien that unites us.

Maciliel
Valinor

Jul 1 2013, 4:16pm

Post #37 of 44 (179 views)
Shortcut
about [In reply to] Can't Post

a little over three months.

i'm a young'un, but i have galloped many leagues.

cheers --

elaen32
Gondor

Jul 1 2013, 10:31pm

Post #38 of 44 (167 views)
Shortcut
Oh well..... [In reply to] Can't Post

I've been here just over four months- but you've gone galloping on ahead !Laugh

Maciliel
Valinor

Jul 1 2013, 10:34pm

Post #39 of 44 (168 views)
Shortcut
you just [In reply to] Can't Post

you just need to harass curiousg more often.

cheers : )

Brethil
Half-elven

Jul 1 2013, 10:38pm

Post #40 of 44 (170 views)
Shortcut
So true [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
you just need to harass curiousg more often.

It has boosted my post numbers immensely while being very fun. Of course I also spent almost the entire time in Lorien hanging about Feedback imploring the Modar, Magpie and SirDennis for technical aid...

(bless them all for patience BTW!) Angelic

(This post was edited by Brethil on Jul 1 2013, 10:38pm)

Maciliel
Valinor

Jul 1 2013, 11:07pm

Post #41 of 44 (190 views)
Shortcut
ha! : ) [In reply to] Can't Post

ha! : ) brethil. : )

i have no real memories of where i was galloping, 'tho i know that when i was galloping through the shire and lorien i was very much on the hobbit boards.

i do know (funny habit) that when i enter a new land i want my entrance into that land to be a substantive post, rather than just a silly one. it seems more auspicious.

i will be in the grey havens soon, and i will +love+ seeing that next to my avatar!

and... is it me... or do places on the mainland seem more "active"? like, it gets sleepy or something in valinor?

cheers --

sevilodorf
Tol Eressea

Jul 2 2013, 2:22am

Post #42 of 44 (155 views)
Shortcut
Early 2002 [In reply to] Can't Post

Joined just in time to attend the first Oscar Party, though obviously from my post count I spend most of my time lurking. Too bad that voting doesn't count as a post... I'd be in Gondor.

CuriousG
Half-elven

Jul 2 2013, 1:19pm

Post #43 of 44 (159 views)
Shortcut
Time seems to flow more slowly in Valinor [In reply to] Can't Post

so there's less urgency to post. Also, you spend most of your time there shoulder to shoulder with the Vanyar singing endless hymns in praise of the Valar, which is pretty time-consuming, but the orchestra is good.

sauget.diblosio
Tol Eressea

Jul 3 2013, 11:13am

Post #44 of 44 (153 views)
Shortcut
since 2007, [In reply to] Can't Post

but i lurked for a year or two before that.

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.