Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: Off Topic:
Because it is...

bborchar
Rohan

Jun 29 2013, 9:10pm

Views: 13
Shortcut
Because it is... [In reply to] Can't Post

In Reply To
I'm confused. Grown up = not made for children. Got that.
But then how can GoT be "more grown-up" than LotR? That's not exactly a story I would read (most) children at bedtime either. Or anyway it's certainly not a story that speaks more to children than it speaks to adults. Which, of course, were an entirely different matter if we talked about the Hobbit. But we don't.

Because LotR isn't scary at all? Sorry, I read it when I was 11, and I don't recall it ever scaring me whatsoever, or having anything in it that wasn't appropriate for children. It's about as clean as can be. Not so with GoT. That's really all there is to it.

"Beware of panthers." ~ The Doctor

Subject User Time
The George R. R. Martin/Modern Fantacist Article JRandomRohirrim01 Send a private message to JRandomRohirrim01 Jun 22 2013, 9:52pm
    "Next Tolkien" Ardamírë Send a private message to Ardamírë Jun 23 2013, 12:06am
        It's Too Soon to Tell if Martin's Books Will Change Fantasy JRandomRohirrim01 Send a private message to JRandomRohirrim01 Jun 23 2013, 6:37am
            I'm quite sure Annael Send a private message to Annael Jun 23 2013, 5:19pm
        You can't take his opinion as law though... Salmacis81 Send a private message to Salmacis81 Jun 24 2013, 9:17pm
    I find the article a bit insulting to both authors. Aragorn the Elfstone Send a private message to Aragorn the Elfstone Jun 23 2013, 3:31am
    They are both writers of the Fantasy Genre Elutherian Send a private message to Elutherian Jun 23 2013, 4:01am
    Really enjoyed the article. Misto Send a private message to Misto Jun 23 2013, 1:27pm
        Martin Series Is Now Longer than LOTR JRandomRohirrim01 Send a private message to JRandomRohirrim01 Jun 23 2013, 2:08pm
            The last two books, maybe... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Jun 24 2013, 2:44am
    The concept of good and evil Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Jun 23 2013, 3:05pm
    I didn't read the article... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Jun 24 2013, 2:36am
        Define "grown up" Misto Send a private message to Misto Jun 26 2013, 9:42pm
            I'm not passing any judgement on anything... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Jun 26 2013, 9:59pm
                Thank you for clarifying. Misto Send a private message to Misto Jun 26 2013, 10:45pm
                    It's grown-up because the material is not for children... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Jun 27 2013, 1:31am
                        I'm afraid now you lost me for good. Misto Send a private message to Misto Jun 29 2013, 8:55pm
                            Because it is... bborchar Send a private message to bborchar Jun 29 2013, 9:10pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.