Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: The Arena:
WARNING: Classic literature content.

SmeagoloftheStoors
Lorien

May 8 2008, 8:00pm

Post #1 of 4 (4724 views)
Shortcut
WARNING: Classic literature content. Can't Post

Sir Gawain at the peak of his power, and Beowulf (both in their combat gear) versus 4 armed and armored Olog Hai.t
I won't attempt a blow by blow account, but I will describe the equipment.
Sir Gawain: A battle axe and targe (24" diameter round shield with spike in the middle), full suit of rivited European chain maile, a norman style spangenhelm, and an arming sword for a back-up.
Beowulf: A split skirt style maile hauberk, a viking kite (upside down tear-drop) shield (24"x36"), a viking 5-lobed style sword, a viking "goggle" stytle helmet with cheek plates, and a scaramasax (a single edged knife that ranges in length from 8" blade to short sword, but un this case it has a 12" blade) as a back up.
The Ologs: As seen in the Return of the King's over running of Minas Tirith. (the fact that I said SEEN would suggest that I'm referencing the films)

Eglario Valar!
Sid Didymous' arms

SmeagoloftheStoors
Lorien

May 30 2008, 11:33pm

Post #2 of 4 (4092 views)
Shortcut
What? Did I get too specific? [In reply to] Can't Post

Eglario Valar!
It's me!
It's me!

AncalagontheBlack
Rohan

Jun 29 2013, 3:59pm

Post #3 of 4 (69 views)
Shortcut
gawain and beo [In reply to] Can't Post

SmeagoloftheStoors
Lorien

Jun 29 2013, 8:16pm

Post #4 of 4 (86 views)
Shortcut
Wow, I forgot that I even made this post// [In reply to] Can't Post

Shameless promo of my reenactment groups site and forum.
www.orderoftherouseclan.org
www.orderoftherouseclan.proboards.com
Order Badge

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.