Our Sponsor Sideshow Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Off Topic: The Pollantir:
Will the character Beorn be in the Hobbit movie?
Poll: Will the character Beorn be in the Hobbit movie?
He should be in it, and I'm sure he will be
He should be in it, but they will probably cut him
He should not be in it, but I'm sure they'll keep him
He should not be in it, and that is how it should be
View Results (43 votes)

Mirabella_Bunce
Rivendell

Dec 27 2007, 6:11pm

Post #1 of 12 (641 views)
Shortcut
Will the character Beorn be in the Hobbit movie? Can't Post

I'm reading all kinds of speculation everywhere about who could be cast as Beorn in the movie adaptation of The Hobbit. But I've had a sinking feeling all along, myself, that the Beorn scenes would be cut in much the same way that the Tom Bombadil scenes were cut from LOTR. I would however be delighted to find out I am wrong! What do you all think?

Woodyend
Gondor

Dec 27 2007, 8:00pm

Post #2 of 12 (446 views)
Shortcut
If The Hobbit was to be made in one movie yes, I think his part should be cut. [In reply to] Can't Post

Not because I don't like him but there simply isn't enough time in a two, two and a half hour movie imho. But since The Hobbit is to be made into two moveis yes, he should be added.

Finding Frodo
Tol Eressea

Dec 28 2007, 6:29am

Post #3 of 12 (584 views)
Shortcut
Glad to see I'm in the majority [In reply to] Can't Post

I really do want him in there, so I'm thinking positive.

silneldor
Half-elven

Dec 30 2007, 11:37pm

Post #4 of 12 (387 views)
Shortcut
Me too. [In reply to] Can't Post

He is too much a part of the whole story. Tom really wasn't. Beorn is more on the level of Treebeard or the eagles i think.

Elizabeth
Half-elven

Jan 4 2008, 7:16pm

Post #5 of 12 (344 views)
Shortcut
If he *is* in the movie, I sincerely hope [In reply to] Can't Post

they leave out the ponies and dogs serving tea!

Mirabella_Bunce
Rivendell

Jan 4 2008, 7:37pm

Post #6 of 12 (328 views)
Shortcut
ROTFL I had forgotten about that! [In reply to] Can't Post

And with good reason, too... Crazy I must say I agree - let's hope they DO give that part a miss.

In Reply To
they leave out the ponies and dogs serving tea!

Penthe
Gondor

Jan 5 2008, 7:37am

Post #7 of 12 (536 views)
Shortcut
Oh, harsh [In reply to] Can't Post

Poor old ponies, it's not much of a role, but pony actors need to eat too you know. And what have the sheep actors had to do since the Babe sequel?

acheron
Gondor

Jan 5 2008, 10:51pm

Post #8 of 12 (323 views)
Shortcut
Animals get no love! [In reply to] Can't Post

First the fox gets left out of FOTR, and now you're suggesting no tea-serving dogs!

Peredhil lover
Valinor

Jan 6 2008, 7:53am

Post #9 of 12 (337 views)
Shortcut
Poor animals [In reply to] Can't Post

Not to mention that the goblins obviously ate the poor ponys in 'The Hobbit' ;-)

Dreamdeer
Valinor

Feb 29 2008, 9:00pm

Post #10 of 12 (277 views)
Shortcut
Thank heavens for two movies! [In reply to] Can't Post

With two movies, he should stay in, if only for a brief encounter. What's a road trip without meeting as many peculiar characters as possible, thoroughly shaking up one's concept of normal? Bilbo cannot develop to the eccentric he is at the end without that dose of weirdness that Beorn represents, stranger than any other character in the book. Beorn defines the edge of oddity so far beyond running out without a hat or handkerchief that, after him, nothing seems too outrageous. True, goblins and Gollum also pushed the envelope, but in a negative way; Bilbo has to see being peculiar as being all right. Elves pushed the envelope in a positive way, but they had their own community to confirm that they're right for their type. Beorn's uniqueness gives Bilbo the courage to become unique.

Mirabella_Bunce
Rivendell

Mar 1 2008, 1:04am

Post #11 of 12 (330 views)
Shortcut
Never thought of that! [In reply to] Can't Post

Huh! I never thought of it that way but you have a point - there's a lot of "negative" weirdness so they do need to balance it out with some Positive Weirdness! I hope they see it the way you do!

LEGIONTX
Rivendell

May 5 2009, 2:09am

Post #12 of 12 (301 views)
Shortcut
Definately [In reply to] Can't Post

He definately should be in the movie and I see no reason why they wouldn't put him in. Maybe limit the "exotic animal" stuff like talking dogs who serve dinner and harvest honey; but no reason Beorn shouldn't be in. They made a great job of the Ents so I see no problem making a man/talking bear.

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.