Our Sponsor Sideshow Collectibles Send us News
Lord of the Rings Tolkien
Search Tolkien
Lord of The RingsTheOneRing.net - Forged By And For Fans Of JRR Tolkien
Lord of The Rings Serving Middle-Earth Since The First Age

Lord of the Rings Movie News - J.R.R. Tolkien
Do you enjoy the 100% volunteer, not for profit services of TheOneRing.net?
Consider a donation!

Main Index   Search Posts   Who's Online   Log in
The One Ring Forums: Tolkien Topics: Movie Discussion: The Hobbit:
Things you´re looking forward to in Desolation of Smaug

elostirion74
Rohan

Jun 28 2013, 8:39pm

Views: 804
Shortcut
Things you´re looking forward to in Desolation of Smaug Can't Post

After the discussion based on the snippets and reviews from Empire, I thought it would be nice with a change of perspective.

Based on what you have read or heard from interviews, or from what you´ve seen in the teaser trailer etc: which things are you particularly looking forward to see in Desolation of Smaug?

I know that I´m looking particularly forward to seeing the part in Beorn´s house: partly because Richard Armitage have said so many favourable things about the set and partly because I think this set will have some of the same origins - although simpler - as the wonderful set of Meduseld in LoTR.

I also have high hopes for seeing Bilbo take on the Spiders: the short bits we got in the teaser trailer were definitely exciting.

Based on the teaser trailer I´m also particularly positive about seeing the Elvenking´s halls, which I thought were absolutely beautiful, and seeing a meeting between Thranduil and the dwarves. Lee Pace brings so much to the role with his voice and bearing and gives the wood-elves the weight their role in the story deserves.

Last, but not least, I´m very excited about the dwarves approaching Erebor and staying in the desolation of Smaug. The wintry look PJ & co. seems to have chosen for this area looks very striking and appealing and can lend a lot of atmosphere to this iMO crucial part of the story.

Subject User Time
Things you´re looking forward to in Desolation of Smaug elostirion74 Send a private message to elostirion74 Jun 28 2013, 8:39pm
    The silence of the critics // Rostron2 Send a private message to Rostron2 Jun 28 2013, 8:46pm
        Dream Lusitano Send a private message to Lusitano Jun 28 2013, 10:30pm
        *win* / Ataahua Send a private message to Ataahua Jun 28 2013, 11:22pm
        Oh, if only........ Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Jun 29 2013, 5:04pm
        Even those who like the film? // N.E. Brigand Send a private message to N.E. Brigand Jun 30 2013, 6:50am
    Looking forward to.. Ham_Sammy Send a private message to Ham_Sammy Jun 28 2013, 9:07pm
    Most of all, probably: Glorfindela Send a private message to Glorfindela Jun 28 2013, 9:47pm
    Bees, please! GloryBox Send a private message to GloryBox Jun 28 2013, 10:00pm
    More 48 fps! Kimtc Send a private message to Kimtc Jun 28 2013, 11:26pm
        More HFR - me too! Noria Send a private message to Noria Jun 29 2013, 11:58am
            Yes!!// arithmancer Send a private message to arithmancer Jun 29 2013, 1:17pm
    What I'm looking forward to most Old Toby Send a private message to Old Toby Jun 29 2013, 5:03pm
    This is going to be awesome! Escapist Send a private message to Escapist Jun 29 2013, 5:17pm
    The moment when the music starts and it's all about to begin... dormouse Send a private message to dormouse Jun 29 2013, 5:57pm
        Same as me plus ... Yngwulff Send a private message to Yngwulff Jun 30 2013, 5:51am
    The whole stinking thing :) Elessar Send a private message to Elessar Jun 30 2013, 12:48am
    I can only pick a few? Werde Spinner Send a private message to Werde Spinner Jun 30 2013, 2:34am
    Clearing things up The Mitch King Send a private message to The Mitch King Jun 30 2013, 6:37am
    Whose guesses were the most accurate IdrilofGondolin Send a private message to IdrilofGondolin Jun 30 2013, 7:51pm

Search for (options) Powered by Gossamer Forum v.1.2.3

home | advertising | contact us | back to top | search news | join list | Content Rating

This site is maintained and updated by fans of The Lord of the Rings, and is in no way affiliated with Tolkien Enterprises or the Tolkien Estate. We in no way claim the artwork displayed to be our own. Copyrights and trademarks for the books, films, articles, and other promotional materials are held by their respective owners and their use is allowed under the fair use clause of the Copyright Law. Design and original photography however are copyright © 1999-2012 TheOneRing.net. Binary hosting provided by Nexcess.net

Do not follow this link, or your host will be blocked from this site. This is a spider trap.